Old May 23, 2002, 19:51   #1
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 21:12
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Editor in June?
Does that mean we can buy it, or there will be a patch/download to get?
Old May 23, 2002, 20:00   #2
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 03:12
Local Date: November 1, 2010
my guess, patch, but what do i know.
Just a feeling
Old May 23, 2002, 22:42   #3
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta

Wow. If it's a patch, then I'm sure that will detract sharply from the XP sales. Makes me wonder what they're doing...
Old May 24, 2002, 00:00   #4
Coracle
Prince

Local Time: 20:12
I have to laugh at all the suckers who in other threads TELL Firaxis they will buy anything they sell. So of course Firaxis will try to stick it to us. THAT is what Firaxis is doing.

I paid fifty bucks for a flawed, incomplete, beta game last December. I am paying not a cent more.

Oh, if all the stuff that should have come with the game in December will be available as a download I will change my opinion about Firaxis' methods. But don't bet the mortgage on it.
Old May 24, 2002, 00:21   #5
Jon Shafer

Try to think of things this way before you criticize them so much. Say you work for a newspaper. They tell you to write an article about something, but it takes longer than everyone thought it would, so they decide to release your article in installments instead of 1 article. Should people complain because they don't get every other newspaper free, when there was supposed to be the entire article? Do you want to be paid for as long as the article lasts?

That's a bad analogy because the severity of the situation for Firaxis is much greater. Millions of dollars are at stake for them
Old May 24, 2002, 03:56   #6
kring
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerNationStatesCTP2 Source Code ProjectApolyton UniversityCivilization IV Creators
King

Local Time: 19:12
The additions in the Editor due out in June are designed to tease you into buying the XP, so their theory would be you are more likely to buy the XP, not less. The MP Editor part will not be playable without the XP. You will be able to edit MP stuff.

The one thing it will do is help people decide if they want to get the XP or not, based on the patch. Reasonable marketing strategy anyway. The goal being to peak your interest; of course, if done badly, the opposite effect could happen.
Old May 24, 2002, 04:30   #7
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Local Time: 03:12
Local Date: November 1, 2010
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=50990