Old May 24, 2002, 03:23   #1
delsolsi
Chieftain

Local Time: 01:13
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Civs
Does each individual civ have the same AI and characterists each game or is it random? For example, in my current game Joan of Arch is being a real tightwad with trades, can I expect this to be the same in every game I play against the French? Also in the last game I played Babylon always offer way less for tech's than any of the other civs, is this always true of them?
Old May 24, 2002, 04:18   #2
V.O.C.'02
Chieftain

Local Time: 02:13
maybe the french weren't impressesed by how high your tech-advancement/ culture/ army/ was. Or maybe they were just angry with ya because you had been at war with them, or something.
Old May 24, 2002, 04:29   #3
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 02:13
There are a few settings in the editor, that predefine a civ's attitude. There's an aggressivity setting, and the traits and build preferences also have influence to the "image" the AI looks to you. To a certain point, this is a constant. For instance, Joan is in 95% of the cases a good ally, Liz in 95% of the cases a backstabbing witch. Others, for instance Cleo, are known to be a toughie in negotiations. Shaka and Bismarck are always looking for easy prey, so be careful if they are your neighbors.

But you should not rely on this "predefined" attitude. Keep a good amount of mistrust towards all AI civs. Remember, they hate you!