Old May 24, 2002, 15:57   #1
Nethog
Warlord

Local Time: 20:14
Local Date: October 31, 2010
SMAC & SMACX 1-pager tech trees
I have created tech trees that fit on a 8.5x11 sheet of paper for SMAC and SMACX. You may find them at:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/pmm1/games/games.html

They are available both as a native file format (MS Office 2000) or
as an Adobe PDF.

By the way, on the same page there are 1-page tech trees that I have created for Civ1, Civ2, and X-COM Collector's Edition as well
as other useful reference files, including a comprehensive summary of the techs for Space Empires IV Gold.

Regards,
Nethog
Old May 24, 2002, 19:33   #2
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

Local Time: 01:14
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Good work, nicely laid out from what I can see, although I haven;t tried printing it as yet. The one thing I find useful on my current Tiny Tech Tree (which I got from someone on these boards, I forget who, goes by the real name of Jesse Clark) is that the techs have coloured borders accourding to their research type. Is that possible here?
"They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara
Old May 24, 2002, 20:09   #3
Nethog
Warlord

I just bought a color printer and was considering color-coding the tree. Right now I am maxing out on x-com, so I don't plan to do it soon!
Get them at:http://pmm1.home.comcast.net/games/games.html
Old May 25, 2002, 13:46   #4
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 18:14
Very nice, I have one of thouse huge poster sized fold out tec trees and their nice too look at but their just so large and unwealdy this is much nicer.
Old May 26, 2002, 22:51   #5
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 18:14
Quote:
Originally posted by Chowlett
The one thing I find useful on my current Tiny Tech Tree (which I got from someone on these boards, I forget who, goes by the real name of Jesse Clark) is that the techs have coloured borders accourding to their research type. Is that possible here?
Were created by Helium Pond - you can get them from the Spartan Chronicles website at:

http://googlie2.tripod.com/spartanchronicles/id10.html

(although there is a miscoding of Adaptive economics as Conquer instead of Build, which it should be - I've corrected my own copy but have been too lazy to redo the upload for the site - I need to get to that sometime)

G.
Old May 27, 2002, 05:52   #6
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

Ah yes - whatever happend to HP?

I currently am only using my AC tree, for DT10 - so I was unaware of that error.
"They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara
Old February 17, 2003, 14:16   #7
Nethog
Warlord

Hi folks! I just loaded SMAC on my new computer and am playing a new game after a long hiatus (due to playing Civ3 and other games;-)). I must say playing SMAC again feels great! (and feels even better on my 3 GHz system compared to my old P166Mhz system!!)

Anyway, please check out my web site at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/pmm1/games/games.html for a copy of my SMAC(X) reference material. It has not changed (yet) since my previous post in this thread, but since I am playing SMAC again, I may make some changes such as adding color-coding, and whatever else any of you suggest.
Old February 18, 2003, 17:30   #8
Static Universe
Alpha Centauri Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 19:14
This is great! I use your Civ II sheets all the time.
Old February 27, 2003, 23:48   #9
Nethog
Warlord

I have posted a new version of my SMAC(X) tech trees and reference info. I have added color to both tech trees, as well as made a few formatting changes. You can get them at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/pmm1/games/games.html
Old February 28, 2003, 10:26   #10
Jac de Molay
Prince

Good stuff. I can post it at work so I can now think about SMAC 24/7.

A Nice terraforming chart would go nicely with it, methinks.
"Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.
Old February 28, 2003, 13:03   #11
Nethog
Warlord

DetroitDave, what info would you like to have summarized on a terraforming chart?
Old February 28, 2003, 13:31   #12
Jac de Molay
Prince

Not sure. Something like a quick, comprehensive reference that would incorporate the effects of all terraforming improvements on the different types of terrain, including defensive values.

I was thinking about this today when I saw your thread, and I'm pondering working on one myself.
"Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.
Old March 5, 2003, 11:51   #13
Nethog
Warlord

I have made some additional minor changes to my smac(x) reference material. I have just put version 1.01 (March 5th, 2003) on my website at: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/pmm1/games/games.html

Changes:
I have removed all references to the free facilities gained by researching Sentient Econometrics, Quantum Machinery, and Self-Aware Machines for both SMAC and SMACX. At one time Firaxis had planned to put this feature in the game but it was removed (see the facilities section of alpha.txt and alphax.txt).

I have also added a mushroom cloud icon to the Orbital Spaceflight tech box to make it easier to spot the tech for Planet Busters.
Old March 5, 2003, 18:29   #14
Kataphraktoi
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Data AngelsNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4BtSDG Realms Beyond
Emperor

Local Time: 21:14
nice job.im usualy lost trying to beline for key techs so this should help tons.

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''