Oh yeah:
Send us your poor, your weary, your downtrodden
Refugee centers open in Russia and her ET bases
Old June 10, 2002, 16:59   #392
High Lord J
Warlord

Local Time: 01:16
Local Date: November 1, 2010
China has as of now changed to the American currency system. While we understand we can't make US money we don't plan to. We will be making similar coins and dollars with differnt faces and while the money is no good in each others country it is however much eaiser to transfer.
Old June 10, 2002, 17:01   #393
High Lord J
Warlord

China would like to join the UN. They offer to hold it in Bejing as we are a very safe country has we have had no disputes between us and other countries.
Old June 10, 2002, 17:08   #394
High Lord J
Warlord

The newly trained Chinease Work Force is heading up to investage chances of black rain and acid snow. PAR medicene is now completed. A sample is sent to Austrila and America if they have the means they can test it.

PAR will be realesed in China in a month.
Old June 10, 2002, 17:36   #395
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Local Time: 20:16
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
((sorry about the new race skilord, the rest stands as of now, and I will explain it in detail here:

1. The interiors of Neptune and Uranus are both large enough for the construction of such a spaceship as the aforementioned one, (I asked my astronomy teacher and he had a nice long discussion with some other guys who said that it could be done, and they proved it, although highly unprobable, it would be more than possible for an alien race who was hundreds of thousands of years more advanced to create such a ship, and use it effectively. Think of it this way, every year, computers get 1 and 1/3 times more powerful, multiply that by a few hundred thousand, and you get an idea of how much more advanced the race is.)

2. There is nothing that says that there can't be anything that could throw a star as small as our sun off course, although interstellar collisions are rare, the result of such a collision could be similar to what I've stated, and I wrote it because I believed it to be the most interesting.

3. I gave the plutonians such power because I'd rather have negotiations than war. War, after all, is the recourse of the ignorant and feeble minded, a successful compromise on the other hand, is the answer of a more inteligent body.

4. Prove me wrong with something besides tone it down and research this, and I'll tone it down.
Old June 10, 2002, 17:40   #396
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 19:16
The Empress has refused to forcibly deport refugees as the Assembly ordered, using her powers as Commander-in-Chief of the military. In response, impeachment proceedings have begun.

MI has brought evidence that she claims proves that many Assembly members accepted bribes from the ULM in exchange for supporting the anti-refugee bill. She calls for a declaration of war on hte ULM, but is 3 votes shy in the Assembly. Meanwhile, impeachment proceedings begin against many Assembly members.

The Martian government is in chaos, with everyone trying to impeach everyone else.

The Admiral of hte Guard, the highest ranking military official otehr than the Empress herself, has successfully launched a coup d'etat, and one of his allies has done the same in teh ULM. With overwhelming support in the navy and strong support in the army, it seems that the Admiral (named Morris Ariel, but goes by just "the Admiral") is entrenched with his power.

"We're picking up a ship heading towards Phobos." Pause. "It looks like the Empress's private fighter!"

"Didn't the Admiral fill it with hidden explosives?"

"No," said a new voice.

"Admiral! I-we, uh, didn't know that you were monitoring us!"

"I always am. And apparently that scumball had another ship that even I was unaware of. Fire SRVBMs at will."

"But Admiral, nuclear--"

"Fire! She's getting close to the docking bay!"

The first pilot watched the tracker home in on hte small ship. It caught on, and he fired!

The nuke headed toward the ship. Suddenly, a missile was launched from the Empress's ship. Anti-nuke defenses! THe pilot quickly moved towrds the "DETONATE" button, when the missile hit! THe nuke was destroyed before being detonated. Then suddenly he noticed another missile. Heading straight for his fighter. He swerved, but it was too late.

"#$*&!" yelled the Admiral. "OK, Fighter 4-B, it's up to you. Fire 3 at once!"

The other pilot did the same. Suddenly, his ship began to lose control. As he began shaking, he accidentally hit the detonate button prematurely. There was suddenly a huge blast between the two ships, but neither was damaged.

"Why did you detonate???"

"I lost control, it's stoopped shaking now though."

"OK, she's getting close to the docking bay. Fire one last time."

The pilot watched as the tracker homed in, and--

"Wait! Hold your fire! SHe's too close to the Bay, you'll destroy the entire thing, and it's Australian-controlled!"

--he fired, unable to stop the momentum of his hand going for the button to heed the Admiral's order.

The docking bay exploded. A few ships successfully evacuated, but most were lost. The Admiral looked at the screen, and saw that one of them was the EMpress's, and it was headed towards the planet for an emergency landing.

Then he remembered that the leaders of all the nations had arrived in hte docking bay that very day, and many of them must have been there when it exploded....

Admiral to the Solar System:
What happened was an accident. The fighter who launched the nuke was disobeying my orders and has been tortured to death for what he did.

OOC: Everyone can decide for themselves whether their leaders survived or not.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old June 10, 2002, 17:54   #397
Cap'n Crunch
Chieftain

Russias former leader died and Gregor Zhickothski is taking command.
Old June 10, 2002, 18:13   #398
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 02:16
Italian Domestic Policy

Now that the war against Sweden is ended, Italy reduces its military size to small in each field.

Army: from large to small
Navy: from medium to small
Air Force: from medium to small
Space Fleet: from large to small

In doing this we expect to regain many milions of valuable workers that will surely speed up the Italian reconstraction.

Prime Minister Alessandro Del Piero, with the approval of Emperor Raffaello start the non-nuclear program.

"Those weapons are too dangerous for humanity, we do not have anything more to do with those things, Italy will start a denecluearization program, Our Nuclear Arsenal that consist of around 500 Nukes will be dismantled in the next 20 years, at a rate of 25 nuke every year. In 20 years Italy will have no nuke within our military power.... we hope that other nations will soon follow our example"

Italy also start an "Anti Nuclear Winter Research project" in our Scientific base in Antarctica, the research is led by Doctor Leonardo, the same guy of Leonardicum and of the 'Savonarola' and Doctor Galileo, they are working in a project to contrast the nuclear winter in order to bring earth to her former status once again.
Since it is an international issue, scientist from all nation are invited to join the research .

------------------------------

Reconstruction

With the return of the soldiers home, our factories founded a great deal of force labor, factories start running again and money goes back into the system, Italy is having a fast recovery from the war.
Military doctors have been sent in hospital to cure the sick people, of the 23 milion intoxicated, 8 milions have been completely healed, only a number between 500.000 and 1 milion is expected to die.
NAF Genecoms have been really helpful in the quarantine on firenze, but now that the disease caused by the biological warfare seems to have stoped, we are ready to return them to their mother country.

Diplomacy
Italy wish to join the UN, "even if we are not a fully democratic country" declared the Emperor "we helped a lot in the war against Incas" Prime Minister Del Piero said "We deserve a place in the UN, we did our part in the war against Inca, and we are one of the major colonial power in space"

China: I'm sorry but we can not accept on giving you 20% of Venus, it was a huge effort for us to colonize that planet, and the north emisphere is completely covered by Italian settlements and villages, it would be like selling our own people to a foreign country, we have many other things to offer you... We can give you the secret of Leonardicum, and provide you with the necessary materials for free for as many years, as big your economical help will be, or maybe part of our Nuclear Arsenal.

Australia: Emperor Raffaello and Prime Minister Del Piero are both in travel for commemorate your war death.

NAF: Your Genecoms are ready to go back, if you need them.

Germany: Thank you for your help, my friend.

Italian Projects:

Evacuation of 20 milion of italians to Venus: 3 years left
Dismantle of Nuclear Arsenal: 20 years left
Scientific Research to contrast nuclear winter (RI.S.I.N.) : XXX years left.
Reconstruction: 8 years left (it will not take too long, since no Italian city have been nuked, only Firenze suffered a Biological weapon, but that is not destructive).

Saluti

OOC: Rality Police please
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old June 10, 2002, 21:28   #399
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

The South American People must be left to themselves to hopefully develop morals and laws.
Old June 10, 2002, 22:13   #400
High Lord J
Warlord

Italy if you agree to us shipping and you selling PAR and giving us at least 90% of the profits made from your country we offer you a loan. You will only have to pay 1/2 of ti back if you sell PAR. We are sure we can get the money back and more if you do sell it. You can also make a nice profit from 10% of it.
Old June 10, 2002, 22:26   #401
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

The soldiers fired indiscriminately into the crowd of Marsopolitans. Orders were orders. The rioting would soon end, and the people would be content.

But it was not ending. They were diminishing in numbers, but they were always there.

Why were they doing this? Why couldn't they just relax? Why did they keep forcing the soldiers to kill them? What did they have to gain?

A rioter stood in the streets. A soldier aimed. A baby cried. The soldier dropped his weapon.

The real question was not what did they have to gain, but what did they have to lose.

So slowly, the Marsopolitans won the sympathy of he soldiers. They could not bear to constantly murder these people who only want justice and freedom. ANd the same happened throughout the Empire.

But on the surface, it looked as if little had changed. So as the rebellion of peace grew, the Admiral did not notice.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old June 11, 2002, 03:17   #402
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Quote:
Originally posted by High Lord J
Italy if you agree to us shipping and you selling PAR and giving us at least 90% of the profits made from your country we offer you a loan. You will only have to pay 1/2 of ti back if you sell PAR. We are sure we can get the money back and more if you do sell it. You can also make a nice profit from 10% of it.
OOC:

I'm confused... what is PAR? I didnt understand what you want me to do.... can you explain me again please

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old June 11, 2002, 06:16   #403
IceEye
Chieftain

Sweden-Io:
Govt: Monarchy
Army: Small
Space Fleet: Medium
Fleet: Tiny
Airforce: no need since space fighters(neo-spitfire) can fly in athmosphere
Nukes: few

Io just launched 6 space stations into orbit of Io. These space stations are for defense. They are also carrying anti Nuke-missiles. In orbit of earth Io has 1 diplomatic/refugee space station and a number of communication sattelites.
The colonization of Io is continueing and most of the planet is colonized. Around 6 million former swedes and around 1 million refugees live on Io now. Sweden-Io has agreed to not use any nukes except for when nukes are launched from rivals first.
Old June 11, 2002, 09:12   #404
civman2000
Emperor

The Admiral looked at the screen. 8 cities were rioting. Why wasn't the army keeping order?

He got hisphone, and dialed up the Marsopolitan anti-riot HQ.

"What's going on? I don't expect you to crush them completely, but couldnt you have weakened them a bit more??"

The man on the other end hung up without saying a word.

What was that about? woudnered the Admiral. Then he saw the reports coming in. THe rioting had stopped! He had just been too impatient.

A few hours later, he noticed that, according to the sensors, very few of the planes were doing their excercises. And he began to realize what was happening.

He called the part of the airforce that seemed to be on his side, and sent them to watch the cities.

Sure enough, there were demonstrations everywhere. Thousandsmarching with signs calling for his resignation.

"Fire on the demonstrators to scare them away!"

But they did not. Instead, he suddenly lost radio contact with all of them. He looked at the sensors, and they had left the skies.

Suddenly, he heard shouts. They were coming to his palace in Kulon! But it hadn't been rioting for weeks....

He heard gunfire. THen it stopped. Then a single gunshot. Screaming. Then the shouts grew nearer.

He got his personal machine gun outof its secret box.

Then the demonstrators appeared. They were unarmed. He beganfiring into the mass of them. They began falling. He hoped that would deter the rest. But they kept coming. Suddenly, someone knocked the gun out of his hands from behind.

He had lost. So he had one thing left to do. He hit the orange button underneath his desk 3 times, and the 10 tons of explosives hidden in the palace detonated.

Old June 11, 2002, 11:34   #405
High Lord J
Warlord

OCC:

PAR= Prevention Against Radiation

It is a medicine taking once a day and it will help prevent the horrible after affect of nuclear war. (example ... cancer) It will soon be distributed in China, Australia, Maybe NAF, and Maybe your country. It should sell pretty well as everyone is affected. So if we ship the product to you and you sell it to your business involved with medicine and we get 90% of the profits back you get the money we offered. This way we should easily get the money back through selling PAR in your country and you get some profit from it too, and your hospitals should be able to handle the fewer amount of people with the aftereffects. It is a win-win situation for everyone. Any other country wishing to get in on this deal let me know in character.

Hope this helps Italy.
Old June 11, 2002, 11:37   #406
High Lord J
Warlord

China offers $200,000 to Mars to help rebulid after your revoultion.
Old June 11, 2002, 11:41   #407
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

All plutonians grow afros, those things are soooo cool
Old June 11, 2002, 11:46   #408
High Lord J
Warlord

lol
Old June 11, 2002, 11:47   #409
High Lord J
Warlord

The Chinease are now into afros as well! It is a dramatic style change for the Chinease but they are more hip then ever!
Old June 11, 2002, 11:51   #410
Metaliturtle
staff
King

The plutonians now favor the chinese due to their instant acceptance of Afros, Chinese president is given a perpetual motion device. ((This is weird being friends in one NES and enemies in another but it's fun to picture millions of chinese people walking around with fros)) Afros rule!!!
Old June 11, 2002, 17:08   #411
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

The GDFR offers a non-agression pact to the Plutonians.
Old June 11, 2002, 17:22   #412
High Lord J
Warlord

((OCC: That's what I was thinking of every other Chinese male/female with a fro. What a great image!))

- The Chinese get to work on possibly the greatest earth built space shuttle ever. The space ship will be using the gift of the perpetual motion device.

- Chinese scientist and workers get to work on being able to produce perpetual motion devices.

- China thanks the plutonans and sends them a request to become allies with a lifetime supply of Chinese rap. Featuring "P-Mao" and "Shang-z" with there new afro looks on the cover.
Old June 11, 2002, 17:23   #413
Metaliturtle
staff
King

The Plutonians will sign non-agression pacts with all nations who adopt the afro as the official hairstyle
Old June 11, 2002, 17:26   #414
High Lord J
Warlord

The Chinese are bringing back Techno Break Dancing at it's best. With the new break dancing move the Chinese Afro Head Spin. They hope the Techno will sweep the galaxy and bring up economy and enjoyment in the Universe.
Old June 11, 2002, 17:28   #415
Metaliturtle
staff
King

Plutonians now talk jive

I sizzaid tuh brizza mizza a stizza bizza

Translation: I said to bring me a steak *****
Old June 11, 2002, 17:34   #416
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Updated World Map

Here's the updated world map. The most noteable changes:

Australia got some islands in Pacific from Australian-Japanese war.

Germany gets island south of Incaland from their war with them.

NAF formed, they own North America and UK.

BTW, who owns former Sweedish Antarctica at the moment?
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	worldmap.gif
Views:	29
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	17246  
Old June 11, 2002, 17:43   #417
Cinna
Warlord

Thanks metalitutle for ruining our game

btw, how do you say shut up in jive?
Old June 11, 2002, 17:51   #418
Metaliturtle
staff
King

Shizzah yo Fizzah,

Translation: Shut your Face
Old June 11, 2002, 20:44   #419
civman2000
Emperor

Johnny: I thought Australia gave the land back.
Metaliturtle: try not to ruin this game

New constitution of Mars is very pacifist:
Draft is banned
Declaration of war requires support of assembly, empress, AND the people in a plebiscite.

All nukes except a few SRVBMs are being destroyed. Army is small, small ariforce, no navy except Imperial Guard.

Old June 11, 2002, 22:21   #420
Captain
King

Well, I'm stumped.
I thought I had some way of writing up a story - and if I can wrangle it, I will - but right now, this Pluto thing is just too bizarre.

I don't want to get into an argument so I'll just leave it for now. (Just so you know, I do have a degree in engineering and a degree in science education. I definitely know what I'm talking about when it comes to what's plausible in space. I just don't feel like arguing.)
Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.