Old June 14, 2002, 20:26   #481
Space05us
King

Local Time: 13:16
Local Date: November 1, 2010
To Italy: Our scientist thank you for the information. They would like to now more about what your mixture does.
We believe the Olympics are just what the world needs to take thier minds off of the neuclear winter. We would like to offer our help in doing anything necessary to make sure they run smoothly.

OOC: Whats a NAP??
Old June 14, 2002, 20:27   #482
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 02:16
Quote:
Originally posted by Space05us
OOC: Whats a NAP??
Non-Aggression Pact
That means, I do not attack you, You do not attack me..... pretty simple eh

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old June 14, 2002, 20:30   #483
Space05us
King

To Italy: We would be happpy to sign a NAP with you and anyone else.
Old June 14, 2002, 20:35   #484
Captain
King

Local Time: 20:16
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Captain

OOC: Non-Aggression Pact.

Which reminds me...

The NAF (North American Federation) along with it's Pact of Freedom partner the UK (United Kingdom) would like to extend to the Japanese people and their leader (President? Prime Minister?)Hogura the hand of friendship.

We offer you a Non-Aggression Pact.
So... what about our offer?
Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
Old June 14, 2002, 20:42   #485
Captain
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Giovanni Wine

OOC:
Yeah I would say 4 years from now.... so 2124!!
It's 2119 now, so wouldn't that be 2123?
Or are you already in June 15? It's only 8:30 EST (-5 GMT) here.

IC:

About the Genecoms, I agree. They should not be allowed to participate in regular Olympics.

But we do think that Persia should be allowed in. They are not the enemy, yet. We should try to have good relations so that war is not our fault.

Also, we need to get that IPF working soon. The cost of the NAF occupation of Incaland and the regular patrols we do of the whole thing cost us about 5 trillion $NAF per year. If the IPF takes over the patrols, occupation would only cost $2 trillion NAF. If we left completely, we'd be willing to contribute the $2 trillion we save towards maintenance of an IPF (that's a lot of money but worth it for us to feel safe).

Just for perspective, current GNP of NAF is $40 trillion (up 4 trillion since the end of war).

We have an outstanding loan from China of $9 trillion.
Mars also gave us about half a trillion in aid.

We expect to increase our GNP by $3 trillion per year during reconstruction (next seven years, except during famine years), after which our economic growth will slow back down to normal.

The UK's economy is also improving after London was detoxified to hazard levels (down from danger levels). It is at $14 trillion and rising very fast, $1 trillion per year.
Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
Old June 14, 2002, 23:13   #486
High Lord J
Warlord

Local Time: 01:16
I can't keep up with this guys... I am gone for like a day and a half and 3 more pages comes out. I would like to stay as Chine but I am falling behind. So unless me less frequent post amount compared to you guys is ok I will drop out.
Old June 14, 2002, 23:21   #487
Captain
King

No, stay. You don't have to post that often, just post whenever you can.

on the news related to China:

1) is China going to the UN?
2) is China going to the Olympics?
3) what will China do about the famine caused by nuclear winter?
4) Persia might erupt into war with neighbours
Old June 14, 2002, 23:25   #488
Space05us
King

To the World: When is the UN confrence, Japan wants to join
Old June 15, 2002, 09:55   #489
High Lord J
Warlord

News Flash:

The new over the counter medication "PAR" is a big hit in China, Austrila, Italiy, and America! Between all the countries about ((what is a realistic amount here?)) $___ was made. As around 9/10 of the profits go to Chinease Government the recent loans given are almost repayed and then the other countries have to give China money anyway.

China wants to know what will work best to end famine. They think they are one of the richest nations ((am I?)). They will spend huge amounts of money to end any kind of famine.

The recent trained men who went to test the skies on whats coming have confirmed most speculations about nuclear winters coming. They think they can lessen the effects if they are allowed to send aircrafts all over the earth to get men working up there. They want premission from all nations.
Old June 15, 2002, 10:00   #490
High Lord J
Warlord

**Classified**
The Chinese army is starting to recruit in case of a Persian threat. They should easily upgrade to large army in a month.

The Chinese has given extra funding to the Navy to double the ship building. Since they have been working on ships for a long time anyway they are now at medium and are still work g on upgrading.

The Chinese Air Force is at planning stage of upgrading there size.
Old June 15, 2002, 10:54   #491
Space05us
King

To China: Japan will allow you to use it's air space in exchange would like to request a loan to help in scientific research which we will initially pay off at $2 million per year, but when all research is done you will be paid the full difference.

To Italy:you have yet to respond to our last letter, is there something unreasonable about it?
Old June 15, 2002, 11:40   #492
Captain
King

Quote:
Originally posted by High Lord J
The new over the counter medication "PAR" is a big hit in China, Austrila, Italiy, and America! Between all the countries about ((what is a realistic amount here?)) $___ was made.
Well, we borrowed 9 trillion, so if sales paid 3/4 of this back, plus your sales in other countries, I'd say that you have about $12-18 trillion in sales over the past couple of years.

We only owe you ~2.3 trillion NAF$ now.

Quote:

China wants to know what will work best to end famine. They think they are one of the richest nations ((am I?)). They will spend huge amounts of money to end any kind of famine.
You are. At the end of the war, our GNP was 36 trillion $NAF and we are one of the richest nations in the world. Yours was about the same then (the loan was 20% of GNP at the time).

(btw, GNP doesn't mean how much money your government can spend, it's a measure of your total national productivity in $ value, that is, it's a measure of everything your country produced that year).
Old June 15, 2002, 12:47   #493
Cinna
Warlord

ooc: isn't the UN conference today?

and where will the Olympics be held, I can't offer a city, sorry
Old June 15, 2002, 13:54   #494
Giovanni Wine
King

Japan:
Our solution has the power of dissolve the molecule of Uranium, that compose large part of the Nuclear dust. The problem is that Umn, that is a main element in the solution, has very high cost of production. Our scientist are currently working in a way cheap way to produce it, or are trying to find an alternative, cheap element to Umn, by mixing thousands and thousand of unknown chemicals founded by our colonist in Venus.
----------------------

Italy have already propose the city of Sofia, in the Italian province of Bulgaria, to be home of the summer Olympics of 2124 (today is 2120 GMT).
Nobody proposed another site for the Olympic, so we will hope that everything will run smoothly in Sofia.
After a high consul between the Coni (Olympic Commettee National Italian) leaders, they decided to include Persian athletes in the olympics, the security will be relly high
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
Old June 15, 2002, 15:36   #495
Captain
King

Yes, the UN is today! 2120.

What resolutions shall we make?

NAF proposes:

1) Yes to Creation of IPF force
1a) Equal contribution of military power and manpower by all nations of the UN
1b) Equally funded by all nations
1c) Head of IPF elected by a 2/3 vote in the UN
1d) IPF only sent on mission by a 2/3 vote in the UN

2) Yes to anti-cloning

3) No against anti-conscription proposal

current UN participants:
NAF & UK (Captain)
Italy (Giovanni)
Mars (civman)
Australia (Cinna)
Germany (Jonny)
China (High Lord J)
Japan (Space05us)

Russia (Cap'n Crunch, absent)
Sweden (IceEye, absent)
India (none)
Persia (none)
African (none)
Incan ("dead")

Total: 13 countries
Active: 7
2/3 Requirement is: 4 or 5 votes to pass?

---

Italy:
We would like to congratulate the CONI leaders for their overture of peace and friendship towards the Persians. We hope that this gesture will help bring about a continued peace.

NAF athletes are in training already and we hope to kick some butt! It's been a while since international competition but I think Hockey Gold will be ours! Our soccer (football) teams might also pose a challenge to you this time!

(Secret)
We will maintain our surveillance of Persian military movements from our Space Fleet and keep you informed of threats. Several Persian armour divisions have been removed from your border and are reposted near Egypt - we have alerted the Africans to the potential threat.

We are also working on an advanced security gateway that will detect 90% of all known explosives that pass through it. It should be ready in about 2 years (just before the Olympics). The gateway will also automatically taser the carrier, paralyzing them temporarily so they cannot pull a bomb trigger. Certain types of explosive will probably remain beyond our ability to detect and police dogs should be used in conjunction to identify these.

We are also developing an improved testing system for genetic enhancements (including Genecom treatment) to prevent any cheating. This system should supplement the drug testing system you already have in place.
Old June 15, 2002, 16:40   #496
Cinna
Warlord

Australia agrees with:

1, 1a, 1b, 1c
but NOT 1d

To send a force out should only require a majority (4/7)

2) Yes, to anti-cloning

3) Yes to anti-conscription

4) Yes to Olympics in Sofia (are we like the IOC too?)
but Olympics should go on a 5 year schedule
Old June 15, 2002, 19:38   #497
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 19:16
wait, since when was a 2/3rd vote needed??

Yes: 1, 1a,b,c, 2, 3, 4
No: 1d

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old June 15, 2002, 23:24   #498
Space05us
King

erm, how is a small nation such as me supposed to equally fund it when we make the least amout of money? (due to stock market crashes from the nukes, people got scared wanted thier money blah, blah, blah)
Old June 16, 2002, 08:43   #499
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

What about saying that the payment is proportional to the economic strength? Beacuase pf your argumetns I change my vote on 1b to no

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old June 16, 2002, 09:30   #500
Cinna
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by civman2000
wait, since when was a 2/3rd vote needed??

Yes: 1, 1a,b,c, 2, 3, 4
No: 1d
ooc:

wait civman, whose 2, 3, and 4 did you agree with mine or Captains?
Old June 16, 2002, 09:33   #501
civman2000
Emperor

They're the same (you don't have a 4 but 2 and 3 are the same).

Old June 16, 2002, 13:05   #502
High Lord J
Warlord

NAF list

Yes: 1, 1a,1b,1c, 2
No: 1d,3

**Classified **

The Chinese Olympic team are having soccer (football) practices everyday

The Chinese track team is very fast. They practice every day, all day (3 hours,1 hour break,3 hours,etc...) China is searching everywhere in China for fast people. Even two infantry were put on the team.

Everyone knows the Chinese will win in Ping-Pong so the team is just having 1 hour practices every other day
Old June 16, 2002, 13:36   #503
Giovanni Wine
King

UN meeting:
Italy vote yes to: 1a, 1b, 1c, 1d, 2, 4
No: 3 (Italy think conscription should be allowed, but only in times of real need./ i.e. Incan wars)

In answer to the Japanese representative, I'd say that, since the UN should make the interests of all nations, it should be financed by all nations equally.
That way, every nation, no matter how big or strong they are, will have the same power and voice in the UN.

-----------------------

Olympics
The Italian citizens are getting prepared for the big events, the economy had a real explosion, thanks to the large amount of tourist, and athletes that go visit the site of the future Olympics.
Sofia is preparing for the event, the city has been literally rebiulted, streets looks nicer, palaces repainted and a new huge stadium just outside the city has been constructed.

The Olympic teams
"The Italian soccer team looks stronger than ever", declared Headcoach Facchetti, "this group of young people has a great team spirit, and the great skills of some of them should bring us the gold on this competition."
But Italy is not only soccer, also the swimming team looks really strong, and is ready to fight for a gold, evebn though the Australian and NAF teams look really good as well, but just like the ancient Olympic of Sidney 2000, Italy may collect much more medals of what we expect from that competition.
Italy aims at the minimum goal of 7 gold, 4 silver and 3 bronze.
Italy's strenght are: Soccer, biking, marathon, swimming, sailing, judo, sword(what is the correct name?), long jump, Volleyball.
Italy weakest are: Sprinting, baseball, high jump and track.
Many athletes are preparing for the events, and with the help of the "home field" we should be able to do extremely good these years.

------------------------

Italian Projects and Stats

Reconstruction: 2 years
Olympics will start in: 2years
Scientific research: XX years
Denuclearization of military: 15 years (stopped for two years)

Name: New Italian Empire
Territories: Italian Europe, Italian Phobos, Italian Venus, Italian Moon Base, Galapagos Italian Military Base.
Population: 233 milion (134 Europe, 71 Venus, 18 Moon, 10 Phobos)
Biological Warfare Sick: 0.5 milion
Biological Casualities: 4.5 milion
Nuclear Winter Sick: 22 milion

Military:
Army: Large
Navy: Medium
Air Force: Medium
Space Fleet: Small
Nukes: 375 (-25 each year)
Interplanetary Nukes: none

Saluti
Old June 16, 2002, 18:50   #504
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

OOC: Sorry guys, I've been away a couple of days.

We vote for 1, 1c, 1d, 2, and 4 for the UN.

I tallied the votes for the UN, and here are the results:

1) Creation of IPF force: passes with 100% vote.
1a)Equal contribution of military power and manpower by all nations of the UN: Passes with 83% vote.
1b)Equally funded by all nations: passes with 67% vote.
1c)Head of IPF elected by a 2/3 vote in the UN: passed with 100% vote.
1d)IPF only sent on mission by a 2/3 vote in the UN: fails with only 50% vote.
2)Anti-cloning: passes with 100% vote.
3)Anti-Conscrpition: fails with only 33% vote.
4)Olympics in Sofia: passes with 100% vote.
Old June 16, 2002, 19:46   #505
Giovanni Wine
King

ROMA NEWSPAPER

Elections in November
It is time to hold new elections in the Italian Empire, the Elections will be held in October, and the Prime Minister will take office in February of the next year.
The candidates are:
  • Federico Del Piero, from Padova, the actual PM, of the Green Party
  • Dejan Asanovic, from Split, of the Colonist Party
  • Gioacchino Barbareschi, from New Venezia (Venus), of the Federalist Party
  • Ciau Popescu, from Bucarest, of the Isolationist Party

The poll gives so far the majority to the Green Party, with a 7% lead over the Isolationist.
Green: 45%
Isolatinist: 38%
Colonist: 10%
Federalist: 7%

The Emperor will have full power from October to February, due to the absence of a PM.

Saluti
Old June 16, 2002, 20:33   #506
Space05us
King

To the World: We regret to inform you that we cannot join the UN if we must pay more money than we make. However we will be willing to lend any assistance it may require in the form of troops, supplies, etc. We hope you can make an exception to the rule for us so that we may join.
Old June 16, 2002, 21:39   #507
High Lord J
Warlord

To Japan: We think you should work harder on your economy to increase it. We would send you money right away but we feel it would go to waste. You should set up some plans and we will be happy to help with money.

If you go with the plan for our PAR medication ((that helps with the after affects of the nuclear war if you haven't read about it)) that China already produces and sells in many countries including you own we will allow you to keep 20% of the profits made in your country which will make you a nice profit.
Old June 16, 2002, 22:00   #508
civman2000
Emperor

Mars will not particiapate in the Olympics because the lower gravity on our planet (or is it higher? I think earth is slightly beigger than mars...) would make our athletes too weak to compete on earth. However, all colonist teams as well as separate "national" teams that exist for each of the Empire's 13 Grand Territories are invited to Marsopolis for the Martian Olympics.

THe Pacifists still control the nation, though other parties are growing:
Pacifists: 59%
Martian Way: 23%
Conservative Peaceful Party: 15%
Other: 3%

Old June 16, 2002, 22:07   #509
Space05us
King

To China: We are currently working on rebuilding our economy, we have been since this depression started. Sad to say though I don't see things picking up anytime in this decade, as much of our production goes towards rebuilding and very little goes towards exports. We will go with your plan for the medication, but what do you want us to do you weren't clear on the point.

To Italy: Is there any possible way we can get some of your solution? We'll just go for 100 square meters. One last question though, don't worryyour answer won't affect wether or not we buy it. Is it safe to put it in cattle grazing fields?

To the UN: The rebellion in the Phillipines is gaining ground fast. We have been told that the rebels are killing innocent people without cause. We are requesting your help, please send peace keeping forces at once!

Building:
uncontaminated fish farms= 5 years
kelp and algea farms= 6 years
(I know we haven't finished researching them but we can begin building the structures which is what takes the longest)
Long term research:
Kelp and algea farms= 3 years
cheap alternative to Umn= ? years
Old June 16, 2002, 22:26   #510
Giovanni Wine
King

To Japan:
Our solution was never tested yet, but our scientist believe it should work good on cattle farm, as long as the animals are kept into the cleaned area.
We did not produce enough solution to sell it, as I told you, the cost of production of Umn is extremely high, and our economy suffered greatly from the Incan war, so we prefere start working on an alternative chemical to the Umn, our scientist said they founded a chemical very similar to Umn on Venus, but it highly volatile, so we still have big problemes of transportation of the solution on Earth, and once used, the effects won't last long.
On the other hand, our solution with the new Chemical (the element name is Venusiarum) in place of Umn is working greatly as fertilazer in the Italian colonies in Venus.
We will be glad to help your people with food from Venus, since soon or later Earth food supplies will finish.
But we cannot sell you the solution right now, cause we produce only a very few amount for testing.

To Mars: We are sorry that you'll not partecipate on the Olympics in Sofia, we hope that your athletes will do a better trainment to get ready for the next Olympics. But we ask you not to start a Co-Olympic, there might be many problems with two Olympics going on at the same time.
Why don't you candidate Marsopolis for the future Olympic, after the ones which will be held in Sofia.

Saluti