Old June 23, 2002, 12:54   #541
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 01:16
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Hundreds of new Minerals, Plants and animals have been found on Alpha Centauri! No intelligent life, but stiull, huge cowlike animals and reptiles of various assortment. The new Minerals are for the most part not named yet except for a certain fuel called Lunarius which could revolutionise the fuel industry. Samples are being sent back to the ULS for examination along with Ulk, a particularrly tasty native of the planet.
Old June 23, 2002, 13:00   #542
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 19:16
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Mars offers to give full support for the ULS in 99% of all situations (ie superstrong alliance) in exchange for the technology of the system used to go to alpha centauri and a promise that we can have some laand on each of what probes have shown to be the 3 planets that could be made partially habitable.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old June 23, 2002, 17:38   #543
SKILORD
King

It's a deal Mars, we agree. Your ships are welcome at Outreaches I and II. We only ask that you leave Alpha Centauri to us and instead colonise it's Sister planets. Ulk is being pacaged and sold by a Lunar Company called Interstellar Farm and Produce, they aree monopolizing the food trade between Alpha Centauri and Earth. Scientists are working to unravel the mysteries of the planet which will take 4 years if 2 other nations send help.
Old June 23, 2002, 17:38   #544
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Local Time: 20:16
The Munich Reporter
The German Paper of Politics and Such

Presidential Election Results
After a three year delay in election due to hanging chads, the results are finally in. Klaus Adolphus has been elected president of the GDFR. He has an agressive stance against the Genecom population.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yet Another Genecom Riot in Strausburg
Another anti-government riot by the Genecoms in Strausburg have caused more property damage and more deaths. No other details at this time. President Adolphus says that there may be a civil war against the Genecoms coming if this terrorism does not stop.
Old June 23, 2002, 18:10   #545
SKILORD
King

As therre are no Genecoms, or any use for them in the ULS we are quite happy. It is yet another reason that we pity you earthbounds.

The United Lunar States is changing it's name, to the First Lunar Democratic Interstellar Empire, or the Lunar Empire for short.

The Lunar Representative to the United nations proposes that a space station be built to possibly house the majority of the Genecom population. GIllegal Genecom products are not used by Lunarites as we have strong propaganda against them "They do you no good, only end your line" as there is no pollution in our territories.

IPBM's cannot reach to the New Solar System (names anyone?) Which Contains Alpha Centauri.

The Colonists from the Empire on Alpha Centauri are doing their best to use low pollutants and keep the planet ecologically perfect, vacations will be offered beginning next year
Old June 23, 2002, 18:14   #546
SKILORD
King

Lunarius: 2 years untuil viable

Complete Biological Library of all known Life forms (including those on A. Centauri) To be completed in New Washington in 5 years
Old June 23, 2002, 19:20   #547
SKILORD
King

The New Lunar Empire is willing to purchase any Lunar Colonies that the earthbound powers would selll her, we will feed your people and pay your government in return. This is a freindly offer.
Old June 23, 2002, 21:49   #548
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Alpha Centauri is the star, maybe we can name the planets AC-2 AC-4 and AC-5 (1,3, and 6 are completely uninhabitllbe).

AC-2 is the best of them and the one you landed on.

In accordance with our treaty, help is sent, though our scientists will send a copy of everything back to Mars.

The increasing unhappiness pf the NAF colonists with their isolationist rulers who, as a result, did not care as much for them because they arent the heartland, has led to a revolt. The Martian government has helped them and taken the colony. The Russian colony, unhappy with the seeming lack of any action at all by their government, has also revolted with the help of the Empire. Only German colonies remain.

To Germany: we will help you destroy the Genecoms if you give up your colony.

Top secret to the 3 Genecom nationalists whoare in the German colonies (and indeed the only Genecoms there, not many came!):
If they don't give up your colony, we will secure the supremacy of your brothers if we can have the colony.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old June 23, 2002, 22:20   #549
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

To Lunar Empire:

We will give you our all of our lunar colonies in exchange for all of your Antarctic posessions, and any other possesions you may have on Earth.
Old June 24, 2002, 04:59   #550
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 02:16
To Lunar Empire:
We will give you our land on the Moon, in exchange we would like some of this minerals and food that you founded in Alpha Centauri, Our scientist feels that they might be very useful to restore Earth to its natural status.
Of 20 milion colonist living on Moon 5 decided to stay on the moon, they want therefore to be Lunar citizens.
The remaining 15 milions, 10 are going to Venus (ous Spacefleet will transport them there in 1 year) 5 to Europe.

To GFDR:
What happened in Starsburg is just a prelude of what will soon happen to the whole world if we do not stop these Genecoms NOW!
Italy alone can not do much, but if we create a unite front against the rebel Genecom we will probably succeed. What I'am offering is something very close to an Allianec to you and to NAF, we can not offer you a formal alliance until we talk about it with Australia, but this Pact will work almost exactly like a real alliance.

To every Earth Nation:
Te Formula for the Galileianus is not perfect and we already tested it. We offer this to your governments for free, we feel tha in a so low moment for our planet the only way we can survie is be cooperation ad by helping each other.

-----------------------

Italian Stats and Projects
Denuclearization of military: 10 years
Scientific Research: done
Evacuation from Moon Base: 1 year

Name: New Italian Empire
Territories: Italian Europe, Italian Phobos, Italian Venus, Italian Moon Base, Galapagos Italian Military Base.
Population: 247 milion (140 Europe, 87 Venus, 10 Moon, 10 Phobos)
Nuclear Winter Sick: 23 milion
Suffering Famine: 3 milion

Military:
Army: Large
Navy: Medium
Air Force: Medium
Space Fleet: Large
Nukes: 250 (-25 each year)
Interplanetary Nukes: none

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old June 24, 2002, 07:24   #551
civman2000
Emperor

To GDFR: We will also let you use our Galileanus mines

Old June 24, 2002, 09:01   #552
SKILORD
King

To Italy:
I accept, I will gladly transmit the minerals to you and will even send a group of your scientisets to the planet if you wish

To GDFR:
I accept, i have much less need to keep forces on the planet with peace breaking out everywhere. I offer also to send German scientists to AC-2 if you wish.
Old June 24, 2002, 15:25   #553
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 02:16
Quote:
Originally posted by SKILORD
To Italy:
I accept, I will gladly transmit the minerals to you and will even send a group of your scientisets to the planet if you wish
Lunar Empire: That would help our scientific research a lot, thank you.

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old June 25, 2002, 08:28   #554
SKILORD
King

Over the next four years i will be upgrading the army to Large.
I will also be sending my space fleet on tour to display the majesty of my ships, civvilians will be allowed onboard to see the ships.
Artificial Centauri, the first Space Station in the new System will be completed in 7 years.
Old June 25, 2002, 08:36   #555
civman2000
Emperor

Mars has stormed the GDFR colonies, the planet is now united. THye have also secretly sent thousands of weapons and the equivalent of $1.5 billion to the genecom rebels in the GDFR.

Military:
ARmy: Large, shrinking a bit because of the completion of the unification
Air force: large, shrinking a little bit also
Navy: large, growing
Nukes: none
Interstellar fleet: tiny, growing

Old June 25, 2002, 09:44   #556
Cinna
Warlord

ooc: I will be going to Germany for two weeks tomorow. So do whatever you want with my nation until i return. i hope this game lives, but more than likely the 5 of you will just lose interest and it will die.
Old June 25, 2002, 10:09   #557
SKILORD
King

It's had a good run and has been the closest to "Never Ending" than any other on 'poly. but i fear that ur right Cinna, However when it's done i'll chronicle it's hstory in a more digestible form for all to read.
Old June 25, 2002, 10:17   #558
Jonny

To ULS: I accept your plans for sending German scientists to AC-2 and the plans for territory trading.

I also request your help in defeating the Martian Menace. They have stormed our Martian colony, killing many innocent people. They also seem to be helping the Genecom rebels in Germany. We recently intercepted a large shipment of weapons and cash headed for Genecom HQ in Strausburg.
Old June 25, 2002, 10:26   #559
Jonny

The Invasion Commander sat in the cockpit of one of his spaceships. In front of him was Mars. He admired the view for a minute, but then he got back into military matters.

"Boys, you know your mission," he said on the radio. "I want a blockade of this entire planet. Don't let any ships out. If they fire at you, fire back at them. If they destroy one of our ships, you have permission to drop as many bombs on mars as you please."
Old June 25, 2002, 10:37   #560
Captain
King

THe NAF breaks it's long years of silence. While not much is known about what proceeded during the NAF's second isolationist period and information has been hard to come by, six significant events stand out.

1) Chancellor Trent was replaced by Chancellor Belore, sending the NAF into it's isolationist mode for several years.

2) Union with the UK was delayed - however, the UK acted in the same role as Canada did before the first Federation - as a window or screening tool towards the rest of the world. Union will proceed as planned if Chancellor Trent resumes power.

3) The Mahatma Woz episode captured the attention of the NAF though news of this was kept from the outside world. The result was a crackdown on illegal genetic clinics - including clone labs, Genecom labs, and even certain types of medical clinics who offered Genetic engineering services. Certain types of debilitating genetic diseases are the only legal reason for Genetic Engineering. This has split the nation even more fiercely between Genecom and non-Genecom.

4) The Genecoms themselves are split. The loyalists are active in the Grand Assembly and oppose further discrimination against the Genecom population. They remind the Council that Genecoms only underwent treatment to help save their country from the Incan threat. Genecoms continue to comprise the majority of the armed forces in the occupation lands. The Genecom rebels have walked out of the Assembly and have started their own "nation" based out of Philedelphia. About 200 000 Genecoms reside there and another million in Genecom 'rebel' territory in the former devastated US East Coast. About 600 000 Loyal Genecoms left the East Coast and moved to Montreal, Los Angeles and Mexico City where Loyalist Genecom communities remain healthy - though there are those there who wish to join the fledgling Genecom nation in the East. NAF armed forces have cut the rebel sectors off, allowing only Genecom Loyalists to exit and no one to enter. The small Genecom population of London remains fractured. Currently, the Loyalists are in power but the rebels have a strong minority. Street battles rage in some of the contested sectors of London. So far the rebels have been contained within London.

5) Chancellor Belore declares that all NAF citizens including Genecoms, whether living in the NAF or not, must return to NAF territories for registration as an indication of their pledge of allegiance. Anyone who refuses to do so will be considered a traitor and subject to execution. The deadline for registration is one year and the NAF government is willing to pay relocation costs. However, there is a zero tolerance policy. Hunter-killer teams are being trained to hunt down the targets as soon as the deadline is up - assuming foreign governments do not already have termination teams set up. (secret: even if you don't approve it, Chancellor Belore will likely send in the teams covertly).

While Genecoms are the main target, it is not fair to target them alone. The Genecom Party (loyal) has made it clear it will not tolerate discrimination and threatens to cease it's opposition to the rebels if the Government does not show proper appreciation for everything loyal Genecoms have sacrificed to protect the nation. Certain civil liberties groups are furious about the registry but so far widespread protest has been muted.

No Genecoms are known to have left the planet (our Space Fleet was very vigilant in their duties) and all known groups are being watched carefully. However, there are many unknowns. The Official Registry at the time of the Incan war indicated 22 million Genecoms. Due to blackmarket clinics, analysts estimate an additional 3 million. However, no new Genecoms are likely to be produced given the intense crackdown and while Philedelphia labs remain open, the people there are already Genecoms and no new ones can be produced.

6) While the isolationist policy has slowed economic growth, due to reduced foreign investment, a strong domestic market and low interest rates have bolstered the economy significantly. The effects of the famine were muted due to extremely strict rationing of food supplies and creative engineering. Again, there was a loss of certain civil liberties (one-child policy) and a loss of capitalist policies (nationalization of agri-business and government set pricing) but a general disaster was averted. Less than two million people died directly of starvation. The shrunken population holds steady at 650 million. Belore and the Big Twelve are credited with avoiding famine and also staying on track with economic recovery. Now, in year 2130, we are at 65 trillion NAF$ and the UK is at $25 trillion. However, the drastic measures and the Registry have lowered her popularity. Chancellor Trent, though very old now, has a chance to win back the Chancellorship come the expected elections in two years.

DIPLOMACY:

NAF congratulates ULS for arriving in Alpha Centauri. We issue a caution not to colonize too rapidly given the great unknowns.

NAF maintains its interest in the outside world at low levels, except for anything affecting the security of earth, which is of prime importance.

NAF wishes to know when proposed IPF will start patrolling South America so we can pull back. Certain loyalist Genecoms are beginning to settle in the occupation lands. We cannot uproot them now as the loyalists are aiding us against rebel Genecoms. If the IPF comes soon, we can pull out quickly and stop the settlement.

NAF to Italy, Germany:
Do you agree with Chancellor Belore's policy of re-patriating all NAF citizens (including Genecoms) in your lands?
Do you agree with Chancellor Belore's policy of termination if citizens refuse?
If you disagree, we cannot have an alliance at this time. (However if Chancellor Trent returns to power, he will definitely seek an alliance as well as closer relations. He will also oppose termination unless citizens prove to be real rebels. He is more humanitarian than Belore is.)

NAF to Italy, Germany, others:
What shall be done about the Swedish arms falling into rebel Genecom hands? Shall we attack the Swedes?

Also, we just heard that the Martians attacked GDFR space colonies and are shipping arms to Genecom rebels. We are mobilizing our space fleet for war. We will keep 75% of the fleet on patrol around earth and send the remaining 25% to blockade the Martian fleet. (Our fleet size is still BTH). We will not do any landing on Mars - only orbital bombardment of military targets if required.

To MARS:
We are not openly declaring war. We are merely "rooting out the terrorist infrastructure" and negating threats. If you cooperate you will be spared. If not, well then...
Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
Old June 25, 2002, 11:02   #561
SKILORD
King

I have a formal MPP with the GDFR and an informal agreement to back up the Martians. I have close ties to both nations. I also have a dillema.

Heated debate over whether to "Bring Earth to it's Rightful place by ending martian agression" or to "Join the Martians, break the blockade, rush to the future, without the earthlings" were ended when President Pluto stated that the People of the Lunar Empire could never support an agressor. The Lunar Fleet has captured Martian Ships in the Centauri solar system and destroyed them stating "Only Peace Loving Nations will be alowed into the new System."
Lunar Soldiers have not landed but the fleet is helping Germany's blockade.

I offer the NAF any help they might need against rebel factions. Next year i remind them my scientists will be releasing their initial finds about the planet. We are working hard to understand it.
Old June 25, 2002, 11:17   #562
Cap'n Crunch
Chieftain

The Russian People have many Genecoms and the Recently elected President Boris is a Genecom.

We end the MPP with the Genecom hating NAF. We send large amounts of Armaments to our rebellious brethren. We also object to Mars's actions but can see that they were only trying to free their planet of the Imperialistic pig Germans. we dissaprove of their methods and remain neutral there for now. We have not formally declared war against our former allies but we warn any nation that attacks on the Genecoms of the world will be taken personally by the great Russian Bear. Our Army is Currently on alert.

To the ULS:
Sell our Colonies! How Dare you ask! You who has carried your stinking imperialism to other solar systems even! We condemn you! and begin arming our colonies with defensive measures.
Old June 25, 2002, 11:18   #563
Captain
King

NAF thanks the ULS for their help. You have always been a great ally agains the Incans.

We will deal with Genecoms on our territories - as of now, there are no open hostilities since the East Coast is a wasteland that regular folks can't live in. The major struggle is winning the loyalty of the Genecoms who haven't declared for one side or the other. Only in London and Montreal are there sporadic battles between loyalist Genecoms and traitor Genecoms.

We would ask the ULS to help monitor all ships leaving earth. We do not want any Genecoms to infiltrate other planetary systems.

To Germany, Italy, ULS (secret):

We suspect the Strasbourg Genecoms may be constructing something large. We are unsure of what it is. While they are not many, they are well-trained and it has been several years since our spy network has given us good intel. The project could be a space vessel, a nuclear weapon or "dirty" bomb (non-fissionable, just ruins the local area with radioactive fallout), an EMP generator to scramble electronics, a chemical-powered burst laser for shooting down satellites and ships, or something else. It is hard to know, but we should be prepared.
Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
Old June 25, 2002, 11:30   #564
SKILORD
King

ULS Ships, armed with EMP Rockets will be monitoring the Out of Earth Traffic. We Will be civil but our commanders are under order to stop all ships that deny us the ability to scan them for Genecoms with the EMP Rockets and then board them, searching for the Genecoms.

To Russia:
Tread Lightly
Old June 25, 2002, 11:34   #565
Captain
King

To RUSSIA:

The NAF is shocked to find such large numbers of Genecoms in Russia considering the technology was supposed to be well-secured. Our investigations have revealed Russian overtures to blackmarket operatives who left the country in Chancellor Trent's liberal reign. Belore's approval ratings shoot up and Chancellor Trent's prospects of winning the next elections look dim.

Chancellor Belore objects to the Russian arms shipments to rebel Genecoms. She reminds the Russians that the NAF will not tolerate unwanted foreign interference with internal matters and the US East Coast is an internal matter.

Chancellor Belore also wishes to remind the Russians that the large majority (22 million out of 25 million) Genecoms are loyal to the NAF. Their rights are not being trampled, despite what rumours say.

She also indicates a willingness to allow certain rebel Genecoms to emigrate to Russia if Russia is willing to accept them. However, Russia would have to accept responsibility for any terrorist actions or subversive actions carried out by these rebels.

Chancellor Belore lastly wishes to remind the Russians that while we hold out many carrots, we are not hesitant to use a stick either. Our military remains the most powerful on the planet and we have very strong allies!

To ITALY, GDFR, ULS, AUSTRALIA:
We have worked well together in the past and Chancellor Belore apologizes for the cooling of relations since the time of Trent. However, this is a time of great peril. While we are not immediately in danger of losing control, there are entire countries that sponsor rebels and terrorists. These countries are our enemies as they seek to overthrow our legitimate governments. While we are not actively at war with any of them yet, this could change soon and we should present a united front to counter this threat. We ended the Incan threat together, and while we have still not resolved the issue, we are secure from Incan aggression. Let us protect ourselves from the aggression of these other nations whose true intentions will be revealed shortly.

To CHINA, JAPAN:
What side will you choose should war erupt? The side that sponsors rebels to overthrow their proper governments? Who knows, perhaps your countries will be the next targets of such rebels! Side with us now and forever end this threat to stability and the lawful order of things.

ACTIONS:
We put our military on alert in response to the Russian mobilization. Detailed surveillance of Russian military buildup and activity that would threaten the NAF and its friends and allies is being activated.
Old June 25, 2002, 17:09   #566
Jonny

President Adolphus and his military commander are having a chat in the War Room.

"President, you know the situation. This is what I suggest we do. Send many of our space transports full of Robowarriors to Mars, we may need them there. We should also send lots of armed forces to the Saturn system; we think that area may be a bit weak. We should station many soldiers on our Russian border, we think they may invade. Surround Strausburg with our armies, begin "Operation Pure Human." Station armies on our border with Antarctic Sweeden, we think there may still be people loyal to Sweeden there. Prepare to begin "Operation Antarctic Supremacy." That's all my suggestions for now."

"Sounds good, Commander. You may do all of those."
Old June 25, 2002, 17:12   #567
Jonny

To NAF, Italy, Australia, ULS, China, Japan:

The threat of war is real, my friends. We must do what we can to protect ourselves. For the most part, we have worked together well in the past. I propose we join in a grand alliance together to protect ourselves and each other.
Old June 25, 2002, 20:09   #568
civman2000
Emperor

Unknown to the Imperial Government, there were secretly thousands of Genecoms hiding on Mars! They have revolted, offering to create a Genecom Nation of Mars to get all Earthling rebels to stop annoying their home countries and come live on Mars with them should the Earthlings help them oust the Imperialist Imperial government.

Meanwhile, the Pacifists have returned, marching in the streets for new elections that the governmnet refuses to hold. They claim approximately 200,000 have been massacred in these protests, a figure that the government says is acutally about 20.

Old June 25, 2002, 21:57   #569
SKILORD
King

He pushed the jungle vines away, his hand reaching into the clearing. A clearing? he thought, that's odd. He hopped down from the log and wiped the sweat from his brow, keeping his gun ready. He approached the large white building and pulled the vines from it's door, kicking it in. He turned on the flashlight on his gun and peered into the dusty sarkness. The figures there were revolting, tied down and covered in boils and their own blood. They wore the uniforms of NAF genecoms, apparently captured. The glass chamber around them had kept them from deteriorating. He heard a crash and looked up.
It was a biped, a huge humanlike figure with wide hands mounted on wider arms and supporting immense claws. It grinned, revealing huge sabres of teeth in it's immense mouth. It was at least eight feet tall.
An Abomination.
He opened fire, stunning it for a second as he searched with his bullets for a weak spot. He never backed down, even when it advanced. It's razor claws glinting in the glow of his flashlight.
It took 600 bullets he later counted. but that didn't matter, what did matter was that there was now an immense corpse rotting in humid South America, scavengers would be ther soon and he had few bullets left, he looked up at a jug of formula, the label was english, he read it.
"My God....."

The ULS has discovered in occupied Incan territories a specially designed virus that targets only Genecoms. We have no idea what to do with it and are locking it up untuil the UN decides what we should do with it.

In other science news one of the Lizards of AC-2 is IDENTICAL in structure to the tyrranisaurus rex. what does it mean? we don't know, but we are working on it.
Old June 25, 2002, 22:05   #570
SKILORD
King

i agree Germany, a super alliance would be quite nice.