Old June 5, 2002, 17:44   #181
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 01:15
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Thank you my Italian Freinds. Comet fighters built on the moon aren currently strafing south america. They are outnumbered but their ships are highly superior to anything the Incans have. Casualties are low.

My Actual airforce is attacking them from my antarctic basses. i feel rather stupid for leaving myself open like that but then it never occured to me that an earth nation would declare war on the ULS. I offer support to the Pact of Freedom as a whol and the USA specifically.
Old June 5, 2002, 17:50   #182
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Local Time: 20:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The Munich Reporter
The German Paper of Politics and Such

GERMANY DECLARES WAR ON INCAN EMPIRE

Germany has declared war on the Incan Empire, after they declared war on Germany's ally, the ULS.

The new leader of the Incans, known as 'Crazy Bill', declared war on the ULS and sent their spacecraft to attack them. Their spacecraft are copies of Italian and French spacecraft.

Germany is calling the Incan attack "unprovoked." They ask that all Earth nations help defeat them for what they have done or are planning to do.

Germany is sending most of its navy to Incan waters, and is massing its army, along with its new secret weapon, as well as its air force, on the side of Antarctica closest to South America. German armed forces are also on the Moon. Exact locations of armed forces are classified.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Germany Masses Armed Forces on Martian Empire Borders

The New Martian Empire has shown dislike for the GDFR, after they tried to stop the new MI from getting to Mars. Forces are being massed on the borders of the Martian Empire, and all non-neccesary civilians have been advised to go home. Germany will not attack unless attacked.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Non-Agression Pact Proposed to Russia

Germany has proposed a non-agression pact to Russia, a guarantee that they will not attack each other. This has been proposed because they are both fighting wars, and want to guarantee that one will not sneak-attack the other.
Germany Announces Two New Space Stations

The German Space Organization has announced two new space stations today. One is to be named President Jonny, and will be put in Earth orbit. The other will be namedPresident Wilhelm, and will be put into Lunar orbit. They will be identical, both being refueling stations, scientific stations, and home to 10,000 people each. They are both expected to be finished in 4 years.
The German Secret Weapon: What Is It?

The german secret weapon that has been deployed in Antarctica and Mars has been shown to the world. It has been in the works for some time now, but now it is now worth it (in terms of money) thanks to the advent of Leonardicium. They are called 'battle drones', basically robotic infantry. With improvment in robotic and computer technology, they have become possible. The designer of the battle drones, who goes by Mr. Klaus, gave this answer when asked "why would you want robotic infantry?":

"Robotic infantry are stronger than regular infantry, and there is no human cost."

President Wilhelm thinks that he knows where Mr. Klaus got the idea for the battle drones. He says that "Mr. Klaus had always been a big Star Wars fan."
Antarctic Colonization Update

The colonization of German-claimed territory on Antarctica is complete. Germany will claim no more territory on Antarctica for several years, giving other nations a chance to colonize. All German Colonization of Antarctica is postponed until the Incan War is over.

Antarctic Map Included
Old June 5, 2002, 17:53   #183
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Oops... forgot the map.

Here it is.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	antarctica.gif
Views:	87
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	16808  
Old June 5, 2002, 18:06   #184
SKILORD
King

The ULS Thanks it's German ally. It begins it's own work on Robot Drones Working on a spiderlike design with a machine gun on it's underside and a Small side-mounted rocket launchers.

Project Ground Superiority: 2 years

They might be deployed against the Incans if this war drags out.

The ULS clains the land around it's Antarctic bases creating a large coastline of Lunar Land.
Old June 5, 2002, 18:13   #185
ChaotikVisions
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

UNN

Brain Thompson here again...(yeah, I can't make up good names)
The UK after being somewhat shocked by the Incan Empires declaration of war has sent a large portion of its mighty navy to destroy the pitiful Incan navy and wreck havok on Incan shipping, as well as having sent a good portion of their airforce to assist in the matter. The UK Prime Minister had this to say when asked about it.

"America has always been a strong ally of the UK in these modern times, and it would be wrong for us to abandon them now. With the help of the ULS and the GDFR, America can rest safely knowing Incans will be stopped before this mad charade actually takes hold."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUMMARY
Declared war on Incan Empire, sent most of my oceanic navy to destroy theres, and some of my airforce, no ground troops though.
Old June 5, 2002, 18:28   #186
Cap'n Crunch
Chieftain

We cannot have this can we? The Incans must be demolished for attacking the Pact of Freedom.

Germany:
Mother Russia has signed Non Agression Pacts with you before haven't we? After the last one you'de think we'd have to be mad to try it again.

We'll Sign It, Pres. Wilhelm, i have nothing against you and we seem to be fighting against common enemies.

The Russian Airforce is Bombing The Incan Dog'ses offensive against America. as well as a few major cities.
Old June 5, 2002, 19:03   #187
Cinna
Warlord

Italy: We've worked to hard on our alliance to abandon it now. Australia has no desire to form an alliance from the split and now weak Free Mars (ooc: god, i don't know what to call it now )

Inca: Australia warns Inca to steer clear of worldly events until they are built up. Australia suggests signing peace treaties and fast!!
We also condemn your actions against Free nations.

MI's Free Mars: We have our Phobos and are quite content. But if you take action against Italy, Germany, or the UK we will declare war. Give back the UK colonies or face war.

Mother Russia: We hardly find your grounds for war to be much better than ours were against Japan. Seeing how you've have had little interaction with Free Mars. But nevertheless, we support your war.

ULS: Australia wants part of OUTREACH I for refueling, docking, ect. What would this cost?
Old June 5, 2002, 20:35   #188
Captain
King

Cincinnati Daily
---
America attacked by Incan empire!
Congress declares a state of emergency and the armed forces placed on alert.

The Incan threat does not appear too high as they are also engaged in battle with the powerful ULS. only the southern states of Mexico, Cuba, Honduras, Belize, Panama, and Costa Rica have been mobilized.

Congress also passes resolution to end Official Policy of Isolationism.
---
*Note to reader:

America's policy of Isolationism (with the sole exception of Canada, their historical trading partner and long-time ally) was instituted nearly two decades ago after the Lunar Colony debacle. Borders were effectively sealed for twenty years to ensure security and deal with domestic turmoil. America's sudden appearance on the diplomatic scene comes as a huge shock to those familiar with its gradual disengagement from external politics over the last 20 years.

The Cincinnati Daily is the newspaper for America's New Capital - Cincinnati - after the nuclear incidents resulting from the Lunar Wars left the majority of the eastern seaboard, including Washington and NY, a radioactive wasteland. America is indebted to Canada (who escaped the nuclear devastation) for the decades of medical assistance and help in decontamination, as well as the financial and technical assistance in the Reconstruction.

---
ACTIONS
Congress requests Canadian assistance as their long-term ally and friend. Congress requests aid from the other Pact of Freedom members, Russia and the UK.

Congress thanks all nations who have come to its aid thus far.

Congress opens doors for diplomatic negotiations.

---
Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
Old June 5, 2002, 20:36   #189
Captain
King

oops. I forgot trickey was ruler of the USA. i guess he hasn't posted in a while. just ignore me.
Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
Old June 5, 2002, 22:31   #190
Cap'n Crunch
Chieftain

naw take it he just hasen't posted since he signed up. go ahead
Old June 5, 2002, 22:42   #191
Cap'n Crunch
Chieftain

Germany:

How Much would the plans for those droid things cost?

Italy:

How much would that metal cost?

ULS:

How much does docking etc. cost on Outreach I?

Everyon:
Wanna buy fine russian goods?
Old June 5, 2002, 22:45   #192
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 19:15
The split nations of mars have reunited to oppose the new earthling threat. An emergency draft has been announced, and the Russian forces have been repulsed.

To Germany:
We NEVER showed ANY hostilities toward you. You were hostile to us in trying to stop me from freeing my people, but I am forgiving and do not begrudge you. In fact, we offer a non-aggression pact to you.

To the world:
The British attempt to forciibly put colonists under an unpopular government is against the basic ideas of self-determination and democracy. Yes, democracy. The Empire shall be turned into a sort of constitutional monarchy: the Emperor/Empress rules for life, but is greatly limited by a body of the people and is elected, not determined by blood lines.

To the ULS:
I wish to join this "pact of freedom." Hopefully we can bring self-determination and freedom to the entire solar system some day.

To the UK (secret, even from other top Imperial leaders):
If you help us defeat the Russians and protect our homeland, you will be able to have your colony with no problems, and I even may turn over some of the leaders of the revolt.

To the world (again):
THe RUssian attack is sudden and barbaric. FIrst, they attack the new, peaceful, democratic government for crimes comitted by the old one. And they are only attacking civillian populations!:
Quote:
The Bear (A Russian BattleCruiser) is now in orbit of Mars laying down heavy fire on Martian cities
To my best estimates, approximately 3 million innocent civillians have already been murdered by these supposedly "in hopes of ending Martian Tyrrany"! I call for a grand condemnation of Russia for intentional and intensive attacks on civillian populations. It's essentially the same as using nukes, except that the quantity of casualties is a bit less!

We intend to stay out of Earthling politics. We will not intervene, as we would hope that you would not intervene in an intra-Martian war.

We also call for a reevaluation of the Gaian Act:
1. Many have considered any attack on Earthlings a violation of the act, which is not at all what it was meant to be. It was meant to protect Earth itself from invasion, not make all Earthling nations invincible to any attack at all.
2. I note that any actual combat on Earth in the ULS's declaring war on the ultra-aggressive Incas would, according to the Gaian Act, be sufficient provocation for any Earthling nation to declare war on the ULS. This once again is unfair and should be reformed if not altogether removed.

I am not saying that the Gaian Act is a bad thing, I'm just saying it is too strong to be reasonable and is used as if it were even stronger!

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old June 5, 2002, 23:18   #193
ChaotikVisions
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

To the Solar System and Empress MI,

The Empress claims that we attempt to subjucate our OWN people, that because she had a few Martian Way fanatics in key positions, everyone wanted to join the rebellion. If this was so why were colonial officials killed in the rebellion? If that was so why did a large portion of the Mars colony colonial army help the UK take it back, with support from members of the colony.

To MI but made as a public message:
Do not attempt to think that because you suceeded with propaganda and suprise attacks in a peaceful colony that it means they wanted to rebel. They are UK citizens and happy to be so, those who wish to immigrate to your Empire may do so freely, we do not stop them. What you are wanting is the land, not the people, or else you would be fine with that. Even now MI has sent messages saying she would stop asking for the colony if I went to war against Russia, this obviously isn't going to happen.

You deserve what is coming Empress, and if you threaten the UK once more or try to take back our colony, we use our mighty space navy to reduce your citys to rubble, that is all.

-Prime Minister- William the II, Former Naval Admiral
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diplomatic Message sent to all nations.

Clarifaction of the Gaian Act for Empress MI
1. It was stated that an attack on Earth nations colony could be interpreted as a precursor to invasion, not that an attack on an Earthling violated the act.
2.You note wrong, the Gaian Act clearly states unprovoked invasions of Earth nations, the Incans have clearly provoked such an invasion.
3.It doesn't really matter what you think of the Gaian Act Empress, it is for Earth nations.
Old June 5, 2002, 23:23   #194
Jonny

To MI

We accept the non-agression pact.

We will pull back our forces from the border.

All civilians are allowed back in.

German travel agents are once again offering vacation packages to Mars.
Old June 5, 2002, 23:25   #195
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

We accept your ownership of the colony. Ironically, many martians are fleeing to the colony fearing russian attack .

And how do I deserve what is coming?? Maybe the rebel leaders of the colony, definitely the Usurper and her cronies, but what have I done to deserve any attack?

To make a parallel to Earth history, this would be like the Americans invading Russia after the fall of communism. Hostilities had been rising slowly, but just before it all burst one government caved in. Attacking the new government that wishes to end those old hostilities and is friendly is very unreasonable, and make no sense.

OOC: I know it isn't a complete analogy. That I'll I'm gonna say for tonight, hope to see everyone's responses tomorrow!

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old June 5, 2002, 23:33   #196
Jonny

To Russia

Plans for the battle drones are not for sale while you are at war with the Martian Empire.

Likewise, we will not sell the plans to the Martian Empire (if they wanted them) while they are at war with you.

Why? We wish to stay ENTIRELY and COMPLETELY neutral in this conflict.
Old June 5, 2002, 23:35   #197
SKILORD
King

The ULS, seeing Germany make it's peace decides to likewise back down. The Troops are being relocated to the earth front against the Incan Agressors.

Our travel agents are not offering plans there.

Outreach I is available as a refuling station The price is moderate but not exortion.

Mars does however deserve all assaults on it as their agressive actions against Earth Nations are atrocious (UK colony/Biowarfare) The Russians i beleive have stated that they wish for a democracy to begin in Mars i can see easily that you have only traded one dictatorship for another. Rather than the fall of the soviet union i would say it would be more like the Soviet Union changing leaders.
Old June 5, 2002, 23:44   #198
Jonny

The Munich Reporter
The German Paper of Politics and Such

SPECIAL REPORT: The War on The Incas

German Forces Occupy the Faulklands and Tierra del Fuego

German forces have occupied the Faulklands, as well as the island of Tierra del Fuego on the southern tip of Antarctica. German forces met relatively light opposition.

President Wilhelm says "They probably weren't expecting an attack from the Antarctic front, so those areas were lightly defended."

German ships are bombarding cities on the coast, and the air force is bombing major manufacturing centers.
ooc: My navy is medium, I upgraded it a while back, it just never got updated on the main page.
Old June 5, 2002, 23:46   #199
Crazy Bill
Settler

Grand Inca! The Italians are blockading the Moon, we only have 3 starfighters to oppose them!
Attack them and use our Two remaining transport Subs to land an Army of fine incan armor In France. Threaten the world wth nucklear weapons if the invasion forces do not retreat. Continue our push against america and use a few marchant ships to drop our finest Infantry in missisippi!Begin launching Rockets against the Ships to near our coast.

Begin also construction of our secret space station in orbit of an unknown planet. Comandeer a Merchant vessle load it with explosives and suicide bomb Outreach I.

Wouldn't that bring the world firmly against us?

Ask for a NAP with Australia
Old June 5, 2002, 23:47   #200
Crazy Bill
Settler

Attack the German landing forces!
Old June 6, 2002, 00:00   #201
Cap'n Crunch
Chieftain

We the Russian People only ask that a democratic republic be created in mars. We narrow our targets to Government structures and begin a propaganda assault to make the people veiw us as liberators rather than murderers.

Russian Snipers are trying their hardest to nail MI but without success.

"I wish only for peace in our solar system. I want the martian People to be free and i want The Martian Government to end it's terror campaign against earth.* and her colonies."

"Earth and the other stellar powers deserve their colonies on any planet the Martians have no claim to the lands outside of Mars's territory. and yet they wish to keep us out of it for their future imperialistic use."

To Australia:
The Martians attacked an Ally of mine they have surpressed their people also I plan to give the Martian People the land i talke from the Tyrrant Queen!

* Martian nationalists bombed a Russian building during a festival recently. this had no direct connection with the Martian government but the Martians have been known to harbor these terrorists (Martian Way sound fammiliar?)
Old June 6, 2002, 00:12   #202
SKILORD
King

The ULS is VERY upset about the bombing of Outreach I and urges the world to attack the Incans.

You have nukes pointed at you too Incaland!
Old June 6, 2002, 02:10   #203
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 02:15
ISA Report
The Italian Space Agency report that part of our Space fleet around the moon have been attacked by the Incans, with this attack Italy is now officially at war AGAINST the Incans.

Speech of Emperor Giovanni Del Vino to the Italian People
(Many reporters from all nation attended too)
"The Incans have declared war against has by attacking our space fleet that was protecting the moon from them, Italy will not sit and watch the Incans attacking all nation and will now join the war together with Germany, ULS, Russia and all the other nation against Incaland! This is a big war, and I request the need of all our military stregth against Inca.
We will, for now, forget any issue concerning Mars and MI, and we will not join in any war against them, but we will concentrate on defeating the Incan Dictatorship"

Dialogues:
"General Garibaldi, what do you plan for an Invasion against Incaland"

"Emperor, we should 80% of our space fleet around the Moon, 10% to orbit around Earth and the 10% that was damaged by Incans sneak attack is already at the ISA Headquarter for reparations"

"Excellent"

"Admiral Casanova took command of the spacefleet, while Admiral Vespucci is escorting our troops to land in Incaland"

"Who is in command of our troops?"

"General Armani is the head general in the mission"

"Armani?.. He is a good guy"

"Our troops will land on the Galapagos Island in a few minutes in order to build there a outpost for our Air force"

"Excellent"

"Oh.. BTW, the Russians would like to know the secret of Leonardicum"

"Tell them the secret in exchange of the plan of the Super F-Mig-100"

"I will sire"

In short
After the attack of Inca against Italian Spoaceships, Italy join the war agaonst Incaland
Italian troops landed on the coist of the Galapagos in order to install a main air force base there

OOC:
I would like to remember everyone that the Italian Military was upgraded during these years to:
Army: Large
Navy: Small
Air Force: Small
Spacefleet: Large
Nukes: Few
Intergalactic Nukes: None
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old June 6, 2002, 06:49   #204
Cinna
Warlord

Mother Russia: DO what you want. Australia will not go to war with Free Mars, we see that they are trying. Even the Beloved UK has a monarch. Therefore Australia places an embargo on Russia and hopes other civilized nations will do the same, until the war is ended.

Italy: See below...

Incaland: We have no choice but to declare WAR on your aggressive nation. Your unprovoked aggression on Italy our best friends, has lead to our war. The people of Santiago "Chile" are not safe. Best to issue a warning.

Free Mars: We respect and honour the fact that you are trying to change. We hereby declare our relations peaceful and we shall begin trading with you shortly.

ULS: We will pay it, whatever it is. We would like a part of outreach I, so consider it paid already.
Old June 6, 2002, 07:40   #205
civman2000
Emperor

AUstralia: Thank you for being civilized.

There is something I forgot to mention earlier: the Emperor/Empress can be impeached; in fact this procedure is easierthan it is in most nations.

Though we may not be the kind of democracy we like, we are our own flavor of it. THe leader keeps power for longer, but on the other hand is easier to remove. Other than that we are exactly like Earthling democracies.

THe supposed bombing of the festival was earned if it really was done by Martian nationalists. You murder our civillians, so you should expect the same treatment back. I do not endorse these attacks, but I do say that the were justified.

THe issue of giving the rebellion leaders to the British is currently being decided by referendum.

Russia, your propoganda will not work. It is being destroyed as soon as it is seen and replaced with an image of Russian ships frying innocent civillians, in fact an actual photograph from one of the attacks.

THe Martian military has almost doubled due to the draft and a huge growth of volunteers.

THe few cities the Russian military has control of are all in revolt, though none has succeeded yet in overthrowing the Russians. However, we find it hard to believe that all of the Russian soldiers would be willng to fire on civillian protests of their rule, and hope that these soldiers will realize the atrocity being committed and stop their government from carrying out this genocide.

Old June 6, 2002, 09:09   #206
IceEye
Chieftain

NEWS FLASH:

The company responsible for creating the Neo-Spitfire and selling it to Lunar, Max Communication and Arms, has claimed the area in yellow seen in the map further down.
Max Communication and Arms has well over 2 million employees, all from Sweden. Max Communication and Arms are moving all employees and material to the area they claimed - a distance from the South Pole. Sattelite pictures show the construction of launching rams, factory buildings, barracks, weapons training facilitys etc. What is Max Communication and Arms up to?

(ooc: how do I attach an image?)
Old June 6, 2002, 09:12   #207
IceEye
Chieftain

ok lets see if this works
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	korv.bmp
Views:	21
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	16836  
Old June 6, 2002, 09:14   #208
IceEye
Chieftain

man sorry for this but how do I make this map show in the post?
Old June 6, 2002, 10:30   #209
SKILORD
King

It has to be a jpg or a gif
Old June 6, 2002, 10:32   #210
SKILORD
King

I would also perfer if you had grabbed a nation instead of making ur own but oh well