Old May 25, 2002, 02:32   #1
MosesPresley
Prince

Local Time: 20:17
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Babylonian Settler Magically Appears in Sparta
In my latest game, I am the Chinese. It is the year 2017. My automated workers are trying to clean pollution and then returning to the nearest city. My workers who tried to return to Sparta, my city BTW, start getting killed. I examine the city to see who is manning it. My two mech infs and a Babylonian settler!? I pulled my mechs out and now it says there is the Babs settler and a Babs mech inf. The next turn, the city was back to normal. When I reloaded the previous turn the city was also back to normal, so the bug isn't repeatable. This was in version 1.21f.

Has anyone else had anything like this with this patch?
"In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
—Orson Welles as Harry Lime
Old May 25, 2002, 07:18   #2
Sean
Prince

Local Time: 01:17
Local Date: November 1, 2010
No. I have not experienced anything so crazy in the games I have played. It sounds plain weird.
Old May 25, 2002, 07:31   #3
Stuie
King

Local Time: 21:17
Yes, this exact same situation happened to me, except the settler was Aztec. First game in a long time that I've played into the modern era, and this problem occurred in no less than six of my cities. I must have lost more than 20 workers because Dijon was effected, and was located at a choke point. Workers kept marching in and dying. I actually had to pull my native units out, and in some cases fight my way back into my own cities.

Also, while the workers were being destroyed, my mech infantry became elite, and I had 3 Great Leaders generated by killing my own workers.... guess that was compensation for all the workers I lost.
Old May 25, 2002, 08:14   #4
Lucilla
Mac
Princess

Local Time: 02:17
Very strange! Never seen it before.

I didn't try yet, but is it possible to move your own settler to a foreign city? If so, would that cause the same effect, just the other way around?
Old May 25, 2002, 11:22   #5
Saint Marcus
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 02:17
seems like a hoax...
Old May 25, 2002, 23:46   #6
aebrahim
Chieftain

Local Time: 19:17
Yes, I've had this same problem as well. One of my friends was playing a game, and I saw the same kinda thing.

In fact, in his game, there were many other irregularities, such as units showing up in one city in the right click menu that were in another. When selected, they would be activated in the correct city.

Also, some of his mech infantry fortified in his cities attacked HIS OWN passing units. It was weird.

I've seen too many weird things with 1.21 to be true. BTW, FWIW, both the installs are clean installs, patched to 1.21.
Old May 25, 2002, 23:58   #7
Capt Dizle
ACDG3 Gaians
King

Hoax, part of it anyway. Stuie is playing with us about generating GL fighting his own workers.

Good one Stuie!
Old May 25, 2002, 23:59   #8
Redstar
Warlord

ya..as you can't attack a worker so i don't see how a leader could be generated..let alone 3 .
Old May 26, 2002, 00:07   #9
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Quote:
Originally posted by Redstar
ya..as you can't attack a worker so i don't see how a leader could be generated..let alone 3 .
Unless it is a bug. I don't see how you could demand 99999999999999 gold per turn and have the computer accept, yet it did happen. It was a bug that was corrected in another patch.

This just may be another bug that needes correcting.
Old May 26, 2002, 01:34   #10
PhoenixPhlame73
Chieftain

Yeah, I've heard some strange stories about workers, though none have ever happened to me.

My favorite (hoax or not) is whoever siaaid that his workers went crazy and started to attack his cities, actually killing the mech infs inside

Lol, dunno if its a hoax, but this stuff makes me smile.

Last edited by PhoenixPhlame73; May 26, 2002 at 01:46.
Old May 26, 2002, 02:24   #11
aebrahim
Chieftain

I've had units attack and kill my workers too in the 1.21 patch.
Old May 26, 2002, 03:13   #12
Redstar
Warlord

"Unless it is a bug. I don't see how you could demand 99999999999999 gold per turn and have the computer accept, yet it did happen. It was a bug that was corrected in another patch"

Ya, that's true enough. SO i retract my statement
Old May 26, 2002, 08:08   #13
MosesPresley
Prince

This is no hoax. It happened in my last game. It was the first time I have ever seen it.
"In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
—Orson Welles as Harry Lime
Old May 26, 2002, 08:38   #14
aneeshm
King

Local Time: 06:47
No hoax . It happened to me before the 1.21 patch , though . I had nuked my own city (as an experiment to see how quickly I could develop it back) , and I was horrified to see my entire worker force DIE after they tried to clean the resultant pollution and enter the city (automated) .I tried the same with an infantry , and it died . Then I tried moving radar artillery into it , and it died after firing exactly three shots (invisible HP's ?) . In the city display , it showed one if my own conscript infantries . The city came back to normal only when I conscripted another infantry in the city .

P.S. : It was an old game , and even if I get the save , I don't remember it well enough to recreate it . I'm also not sure if it(the bug) will work with the 1.21 patch .
Old May 27, 2002, 01:59   #15
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 03:17
Re: Babylonian Settler Magically Appears in Sparta
Quote:
Originally posted by MosesPresley
In my latest game, I am the Chinese. It is the year 2017. My automated workers are trying to clean pollution and then returning to the nearest city. My workers who tried to return to Sparta, my city BTW, start getting killed. I examine the city to see who is manning it. My two mech infs and a Babylonian settler!? I pulled my mechs out and now it says there is the Babs settler and a Babs mech inf. The next turn, the city was back to normal. When I reloaded the previous turn the city was also back to normal, so the bug isn't repeatable. This was in version 1.21f.

Has anyone else had anything like this with this patch?
hi ,

since day one of the new patch ; workers lose their ID when captured , they show up as yours , bla-bla , its been reported a 100 times , ......101 now

when capturing a city , building a settler , first one your ID , second one from the civ the city was from , third one back to you , ..... , ............and putting that settler with "foreign" ID in one of your city's , fortify it , but later down the road go to war with that civ , and bang , you pulled all your units out of that city , and the settler (!) has captured your city , ..........

aint live full of surprise's , ...........

not to mention IFE , ...........

have a nice day

oh yeah , it shall be fixed in the next patch , ..........

Last edited by Panag; May 27, 2002 at 14:51.
Old May 27, 2002, 14:48   #16
The Eliminator
Warlord

Uhh yeah, I don't think that's what he was saying....
Old May 28, 2002, 10:15   #17
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Local Time: 04:17
No hoax. I've experienced this several times in 1.17f, with Workers dying, and my units getting promotions for it.

Anyone remember the Civ 1 bug where your city suddenly became as if empty, but the units were there? You had to move the units out of the city, reenter it, and sometimes, you got the message that you captured that city. Civ 1 nostalgia in Civ 3 .
Old May 28, 2002, 10:45   #18
Stuie
King

Local Time: 21:17
Quote:
Originally posted by jimmytrick
Hoax, part of it anyway. Stuie is playing with us about generating GL fighting his own workers.

Good one Stuie!
I'm serious jt! My Mech Infantry in Dijon was elite, and the workers just kept marching in and dying. Finally Napolean appeared. I figured what the hell, I'll use him to rush an ICBM. Next turn the murderous workers advanced on Lyons with even greater ferocity, only to be gunned down repeatly by another of my astute Mech Infantry units, and then Riechlieu shows up. Of course I didn't save any of the save game files, so I'm waiting until it inevitably happens in my current game to post a save.
Old May 28, 2002, 12:53   #19
MiloMilo
Warlord

Panag, do you use any punctuation besides commas and ellipses?
Sheesh, it's almost as bad as that L33t guy.
It occurs to me that english is probably not your first anguage, in which case I will come off as being insensitive. Still though, grammar, like getting to Carnegie Hall, is a matter of practice practice practice.
Old May 28, 2002, 15:59   #20
Switch
Prince

MiloMilo
There's also another good thing to learn............how to stay on topic............this, is quite good to know, as well.
Old May 28, 2002, 17:07   #21
steven8r
Prince

Sparta Attacks Own Forces
I've never had any Babylonian Settlers in my cities, but I have had the Spartans attack friendly units before.

In one game where I was the Greeks and at war w/ the Romans, I was trying to beef-up Sparta's defenses and I tried to move Radar Artillery into Sparta, but it kept getting attacked. After the second RA died trying to enter Sparta, I just let them fend for themselves.

In my game, Sparta had always been mine--never captured/recaptured.

I don't know exactly how long this was in effect because I didn't try sending any more units into Sparta until after the war was over. My Cavalry unit (which was made by some stupid city during that war instead of MechInfantry) made it into Sparta OK, but I later had trouble disbanding it.

The 'glitch' or 'city pride' or whatever affected Sparta seems to have corrected itself. I had no further troubles during that game trying to move units into Sparta.

This happened pre 1.21f patch

Last edited by steven8r; May 28, 2002 at 17:43.
Old May 28, 2002, 23:57   #22
Thrawn05
King

The only problem with my workers and settlers, is that they not always change their look when going from middle to industrial age. One turn, they are old style, the next, the new style, and somtimes the icon in the build menu doesn't appear. Weird stuff, did several clean uninstalls and reinstall (on both of my HDs) and still it happens.

Just my 2 cents.
Old May 29, 2002, 08:47   #23
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 03:17
Re: Sparta Attacks Own Forces
Quote:
Originally posted by steven8r
I've never had any Babylonian Settlers in my cities, but I have had the Spartans attack friendly units before.

In one game where I was the Greeks and at war w/ the Romans, I was trying to beef-up Sparta's defenses and I tried to move Radar Artillery into Sparta, but it kept getting attacked. After the second RA died trying to enter Sparta, I just let them fend for themselves.

In my game, Sparta had always been mine--never captured/recaptured.

I don't know exactly how long this was in effect because I didn't try sending any more units into Sparta until after the war was over. My Cavalry unit (which was made by some stupid city during that war instead of MechInfantry) made it into Sparta OK, but I later had trouble disbanding it.

The 'glitch' or 'city pride' or whatever affected Sparta seems to have corrected itself. I had no further troubles during that game trying to move units into Sparta.

This happened pre 1.21f patch
hi ,

could the problem be with the artillery unit , just because there is something wrong with its file , .......

not to many problems with lets say spearman , ....

have a nice day