Old May 17, 2001, 11:05   #1
Demolition
Settler

Local Time: 01:02
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Argh, not CTP again (city-management)
Taken from gamespot review of CIV-III(page 4/4):
"......The city-management screen takes up only a small portion of the main screen, so most of the actual game stays in view."

Does this means endless clicking to manage your city ??
Just take a look on CTP I/II, I got tired of the game of many reasons but one of them was : No overview of city, to many windows to open before you could view the thing you are intressted in.

Please remember , keep it simple, limit numbers of window you have to open or numbers of mouse-click when you manage your city to only 1 window or click (if possible), it was done in CIV I/II.
Old May 17, 2001, 11:23   #2
Jarouik
Warlord

Local Time: 03:02
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Well, if you take a look at one of the latest screenshots of the city screen at http://www.gamespy.com/asp/image.asp...3/image20.jpg, it seems that they are doing a very good job indeed with minimizing clicking and maximizing clarity - it is quite like in Civ 2, only that the screen is not in a separate window but apparently overlaid on the main map.

I just hope that there is an option to make the featured city view (aerial picture of the city) appear when something important occurs, like in Civ, since in Civ 2 I never bothered clicking the view button to see the city.