Old May 25, 2002, 17:15   #1
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 19:18
Local Date: October 31, 2010
cNES: civman2000's NES
1st, the rules:
1. NO personal attacks. All attacks are assumed to be in character unless there is a strong reason to believe otherwise. In those cases, the offender will be kicked out immediately.
2. A "resonable" number of your posts about your civ (as opposed to about how the game works or other stuff) MUST be in story format. I will not define "reasonable," but just please be reasonable about this .
3. Make all combat realistic and reasonable. There will be no moderation but if most of the people agree something is not realistic it will be changed.
4. Last but most importantly, the #1 goal of an NES is to create an interesting story and have fun, NOT to make your civ the strongest. .

If there is rampant breaking of these rules (although I only think #'s 3 and 4 might be broken) I will be forced to moderate it.

It's meant to mirror how a map with correct starting positions would go if:
1. there was no war
2. ICS was curbed a bit.

I went through each civ and had them expand a bit. Then i repeated and so on until all territory was taken.

It begins in 1800, and every day is 3 turns (2 years per turn until 1950 and 1 year per turn afterwards). Everyone is in the early industrial age (ironclads and riflemen) and tech advances every 7 days. All civs have large armies and medium navies and are monrachies except the exceptions listed below:

Huge army, small navy
Aztecs

medium army, large navy
English

Republics
English
French
Greece

Democracies
America
Iroquois

map (i recommend saving it and zooming in on austrailia and other areas that are split up a lot, it might be hard to tell who has what otherwise):
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	map.gif
Views:	106
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	16179  

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old May 25, 2002, 17:27   #2
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 01:18
Local Date: November 1, 2010
can you do the contries in a more understandable fashion?
Old May 25, 2002, 17:44   #3
trickey
Civilization III Democracy GameNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

Local Time: 21:18
yeah, :trickey confused :
Old May 25, 2002, 17:53   #4
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

?

They're mostly colored like in civ3. Just look at them. For example, Rome is Red and controls Italy (plus colonies). And similarily the iroqs are purplish and west of america.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old May 25, 2002, 17:56   #5
trickey
Civilization III Democracy GameNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

no i mean their army and gov't and stuff
Old May 25, 2002, 18:06   #6
civman2000
Emperor

All are monarchies except the few i mentioned. All have large armies and medium navies except the ones i mentioned. There are no alliances and everyone is at peace (is that what you wanted to knpow?) Up to now, everyone has peacefully expanded, but now there is no space left and they have to go to war to expand

Old May 25, 2002, 18:09   #7
trickey
Prince

i will try as france as soon as some others sign up. Thanks for the explanation civman, my brain is kinda retarted lately :embarrassed:
Old May 26, 2002, 08:53   #8
civman2000
Emperor

anyone??

Old May 27, 2002, 16:59   #9
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Local Time: 20:18
Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
Too confoozing for me
Old June 13, 2002, 05:18   #10
Space05us
King

Local Time: 13:18
poor them ,too bad they don't understand. I DO!

of course Im insnane too
Old June 13, 2002, 07:19   #11
civman2000
Emperor

lol, i worked hard making that map...and then they do't even care and right stuff like "Too confoozing for me"

Old June 13, 2002, 08:09   #12
High Lord J
Warlord

Would help if you told us who is who like a color key. Most people don't know off hand where each ancient civ was.
Old June 13, 2002, 08:10   #13
High Lord J
Warlord

I think whenever there is an attack the person says they are attacking and then you decided who wins.
Old June 13, 2002, 12:13   #14
Space05us
King

I'll be Buccha Leader of the Iroquois. I lay claim to the obvious Iroquois lands of North America! (it would appear as though it is one whole thing, and thats how Im going to play it)

Buccha (boo-kah) was in his throne room playing cards with his best general, Dance too Much (Nickname Dot). "Ha! I have two pair" shouted Buccha
"Is that it sir, I have a royal flush," Dot laid down his cards for Buccha to see. Quickly Buccha becam enraged."How do you always win!?"
"I cheat. sir"
"Oh yeah I forgot, you're military personel you'll do anything to win."
Suddenly the Minister of trade, Wets His Pants(Nickname Willy), came bursting into the room.
"Sir! Sir! They've offered it to us!!"
"What have they offered?" Asked Buccha
"They've offered to give us Communism!"
"Who?"
"I don't know there are too many to keep track of!"
"Okay, what do they want in exchange?"
"Bronze Working, Sir"
For a moment Buccha thought Willy was pulling a joke but then he remembered how the AI likes to skip certain techs.
"Very well trade acce..."
"NO!" Dot burst out with anger " We cannot give them this tech if we do than it could mean possible wars against thousands of spearmen... countless lives would be lost." suddenly he started an interpertive dance of how a war would go between the Iroquois and the whoever was on the recieving end.
"Good point Dances Too Much, perhaps we should buy you some stickier shoes while we're at it... Inform them that we cannot accept"
"Very well sir"
---------------------------------------------
hehehe
Old June 14, 2002, 14:38   #15
Jaguar
C4DG Sarantium
Emperor

For those confused as to who is babylon and who is persia... babylon is the dark blue.
Old June 14, 2002, 14:40   #16
Jaguar
C4DG Sarantium
Emperor

I'll take Japan
Old June 14, 2002, 15:27   #17
Space05us
King

Foreign Minister Dot (Yeah hes a general too) walks into Buccha's office.
"What is it Dot?"
"We have good news for you sir!"
"Which one the one on the left or right?"
"Erm... pardon sir?"
Buccha puts his glasses on "Oh never mind continue what's the good news?"
"Japan has a new leader sir!"
"Okay... hows that good news?"
"He has settled all of Japan there is no more civil war, we can continue trades with them!"
"Very well send for Willy"
Old June 14, 2002, 16:58   #18
Jaguar
C4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Royal Princess Meyuki was throwing one of her usual tantrums. "I want a horsie! I want one NOW!"

"In good time, young one." said Togukawa.

"When I say now, I MEAN IT!"

"Alright, we will negotiate for the horses with the Iroquois."

Meyuki left.

"What do you say when somebody does you a favor?" Tokugawa shouted after her.
Old June 14, 2002, 17:31   #19
Space05us
King

Willy quickly entered the office
"You called sir?"
"Yes. I want you to set up trades with Japan, tell them we will trade them coal for gems."
"Very well, sir I'll get right on it"
"One last thing Willy..."
"Whats that sir?"
"Change your pants"
Willy looks down and quickly looks back up "Sorry sir you know how I am when I get excited"
Old June 14, 2002, 21:01   #20
trickey
Prince

ill take russia.
Old June 14, 2002, 21:28   #21
Cinna
Warlord

Local Time: 20:18
It's 1800 and England is a republic? ummm who taught you history?
Old June 14, 2002, 21:33   #22
Jaguar
C4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Well the Babylonians didn't exactly have a large army in 1800 either.
Old June 14, 2002, 22:22   #23
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 12:18
I'd like to join, but can we slow the number of turns down a bit? I had trouble in SNESA3 because I often wasn't able to post, so I got kind of left behind. Anyway, if that's ok, I'll take the French.
Old June 14, 2002, 23:34   #24
Space05us
King

Willy come running into Buccha's office
"SIR!!!"
"What is it?" Buccha says in a panicked manner
"um....wait a sec" Willy shuffles through his papers
"Wets His Pants, if you don't hurry up I'll have you hung to the flag pole by your underwear!" Willy knew he was in trouble when Buccha used his real name
"Oh, here it is" straightens clothes, clears voice "We have made contact with France, one of our Ironclads...erm ... accidently ran into one of thier galleons."
"Is that it Willy?" Buccha rolls his eyes
"Ummmm......." Willy sorts through his papers.
"Hurry up!"
"uhhhhhhh...... yeah thats it."
"good make sure the door is locked when you leave."
"But sir the president is only allowed to lock his door fot one of two reasons; either he has a confrence going on, or he is having......" Buchha glares at him "Uh right sir as you say sir!"
Old June 15, 2002, 02:16   #25
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 12:18
OOC: Civman, can we please slow the turn rate down a bit. if we have it going at three per day then on weekdays I'm going to be missing two out of every three turns. /OOC

Prime Minister Napoleon of the French Republic was sitting in his office, practicing the speech he was due to make that afternoon to the National Assembly. At this point his secretary came in holding a piece of paper.

"Yes, Monsieur Dupon, what is it?" Napaleon asked.

"Monsieur Premier, one of our ships has met the Iroqouis. They have made no official reaction."

"Hmmm. I think we should try to establish diplomatic relations with them. I shall add that to my planned speech and ask the National Assembly to fund it."

"Very good, Premier."

Napoleon made his speech, very persuasively as always, requesting:

1) Expansion of the French army.

2) National subsidies for the development of large-scale industry (i.e., we're researching Industrialization).

3) Funding for the establishment of diplomatic relations with the Iroquois and Japanese (I'm assuming we already had relations with Russia).

4) Modernization of the French Navy.

The bill passed easily, and French diplomats set out for Salamnca and Kyoto.

EDIT: Also, if we have tech advances every 7 days, we will have 1 advance every 42 game years. Sounds very slow.

Last edited by GeneralTacticus; June 15, 2002 at 02:55.
Old June 15, 2002, 07:07   #26
trickey
Prince

The times are tough in Russia. Huge rebellions after there were mass executions of anyone speeking out against the queen.

"But, but my queen" the science advisor's voice trembled as he feared loosing his head "we cannot go on running our country in this manner, the people do not agree with it!"

"The people? What do the people have to do with this? This is my country and I will run it as i please! I will not loose power to a bunch of fools you call governors." when she said this she swong her fist in a vionlant motion, causing her wig to fall off.

"Oh my.." were the advisor's last words. The queen gave a shout to her guards, and, well, you know the rest. You can't blame her, she couldn't let her little "secret" out
Old June 15, 2002, 09:23   #27
civman2000
Emperor

tech advaance means advance 1/3 of an era, not one tech. I timed it with 3 turns in one day so that the tech rate would be realistic and have both the modern age and industrial ages end at exactly the right times. If you dont like that we can make it 1 day=1 year though...

Old June 15, 2002, 11:42   #28
Space05us
King

"Who's my science advisor?" asked Buccha
"Ummmm......"
"Well who is it?"
"I think Dreams Too Much (nick name Mat) is sir."
"Okay call him in here."
"yes sir...." Willy yells for Mat who slowly walks in staring at the ceiling.
"Dreams To Much what are we researching at the moment?"
Mat continues to stare at the ceiling then he starts to count on his fingers, he runs out so he sits donw and counts on his toes.
"MAT!!" yells Buccha
"huh? yeah?"
"What are we researching?"
"um... something about making everything replacable by spare parts or something li.... now if we just move that over here and then take away...." Mat goes on thinking.
"Very well."
Old June 15, 2002, 14:09   #29
trickey
Prince

Catherine the great is assinated by a band of rebels. They claim control of the country. They call themselves governors, and the people have no problem with them "dissposing" of catherine
Old June 15, 2002, 19:42   #30
civman2000
Emperor

I will be the Babylonians. We seek peace and are currently worried about getting some better medicine to fight off all our diseases.