Old February 5, 2003, 01:23   #91
dervish
Chieftain

Local Time: 06:26
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by kring
Welcome back, dervish; long time since I have seen you around.
Hey!!! How is she hanging, Kring?? How is your family and kids???
I've been cut off from internet access as a punishment (heavy reprimand) in our totalitarian corporation. And I have been granted only limited access as a reward. But I can live with that. I never played a new Play the World edition. No pirated version of that released yet. Have you played it yet?? What is it like?

I see this thread getting too cumbersome. Shouldn't we let it die, may be??
Old February 5, 2003, 01:37   #92
dervish
Chieftain

Local Time: 06:26
Quote:
Originally posted by Azazel
great thread darvish. I was calling for the establishment of ethno-lingo-cultural trees for a long time.

But this calls for a real change, A VERY BIG change.

you should start with a small tribe. A REALLY SMALL TRIBE. and you should work your way through thousands of other tribes, assimilating them, killing them off, establishing new national identities. and it would work that the assimilation would work both ways. by assimilating another people, you change your nation/tribe/people as well, say, sliders of agression/industriousness move.

But to do that we'll have to change the premise of the game. No longer do we start with a fledgeling kingdom at 4000 BC, but we start at say... 10,000BC, and we let time tick more slowly at ancient times. Another thing that would have to change is the scale of the map. we'll need MUCH bigger maps.

I Can't wait for the time such ideas would be implemented in a civ game.
Nice to see you, Azazel!!! I am 100% totally with you on that. Especially with the last part about changing start time to even deeper into ancient and prehistoric times and changing maps to bigger ones. I even think that it would be better to incorporate real big scale MAP OF THE REAL EARTH compiled by geodetics and map-makers to get the real taste of reality with real city names - almost everything REAL.

One more thing, may be we should be allowed to play certain periods of time and certain parts of the world separately. Like in Empire Earth.
Old February 5, 2003, 12:02   #93
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 04:26
that's what scenarios are for.

Thumbs up on everything else.

now, all we have to do is to propose a new commerse and military model, incorporating actual numbers, and not 'units' and 'shields' and 'gold'. But THAT would be wishful thinking.
Old February 7, 2003, 01:40   #94
Underseer
Warlord

Local Time: 19:26
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor
Very interesting. Now we are armed against those who think Arabs and Turks are the same !
But really, I love these ethnic trees. I didn't know that ethiopians were Semitic.
They have strong and long historical ties with that part of the world. Their cuisine (please, no one make the obvious joke) even has strongly Mediterranean characteristics. (The food is yummy, by the way. We've got a couple of Ethiopian restaurants around here.)
Old February 7, 2003, 15:39   #95
Az
Emperor

They have a distinct ethnicity, but yes, they have very strong connections with Semites.
Old March 23, 2003, 10:09   #96
VJ
King

Local Time: 01:26
Too complicated, too much details Doesn't work
Old March 23, 2003, 17:33   #97
Az
Emperor

And here I was hoping that you'll actually make a useful contribution to this thread. oh How Naive I was!! [/drama mode]