Old May 27, 2002, 23:36   #1
ReallyClang
Settler

Local Time: 01:26
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Can I See How Much Gold the AI is Making?
I notice when I propose a trade with a rival civ, it knows how much gold I have and how much I am making per turn. I only see how much they have in total. Is there a way to see what they are raking in per turn or is that just an advantage the AI has?
Old May 28, 2002, 01:48   #2
Hurricane
Warlord

Local Time: 03:26
One way to see how much they are earning is by increasing the amount of gold per turn in small steps and notice what your advisor says. If he suddenly goes from "This deal will probably be acceptable" or "We are close to a deal here" to "They would never accept such a deal" you know you have stepped over their line. An example; say you want to sell banking to an AI and ask for 10 gpt. The advisor says the deal is ok. You increase it to 11 and suddenly he says they´d never accept it. Now you know they earn 10 gold per turn.
Old May 28, 2002, 04:25   #3
ReallyClang
Settler

Local Time: 01:26
Hmm. Trial and error. Well I suppose that's what they do with their "advisor." At monarch and above they drive some hard bargains. Thanks for the tip. I think I'll set my gpt temporarily to negative before dealing from now on.
Old May 28, 2002, 05:28   #4
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 12:26
Remember that the AI recalculates its available funds in between chats. So if you make a deal that gets "every last penny of theirs", leave that trade, and then on the same turn go back to make a new deal, you will be able to get more money out of them as they will have allocated funds from science (for example) to 'spending'.
Old May 28, 2002, 05:30   #5
Jethro83
Prince

Local Time: 11:26
Quote:
Originally posted by Hurricane
One way to see how much they are earning is by increasing the amount of gold per turn in small steps and notice what your advisor says. If he suddenly goes from "This deal will probably be acceptable" or "We are close to a deal here" to "They would never accept such a deal" you know you have stepped over their line. An example; say you want to sell banking to an AI and ask for 10 gpt. The advisor says the deal is ok. You increase it to 11 and suddenly he says they´d never accept it. Now you know they earn 10 gold per turn.
So that's why I can never get a payment from another civ on a gold per turn basis. I ask for 1 gold per turn, which in the 20 turns the deal lasts will accumulate to 20 gold. They refuse. Then I ask for the lump sum of 20 and they accept. Such a ridiculous thing.
Old May 28, 2002, 05:34   #6
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 02:26
There's another thing... the AI never seems to accept a gpt deal, while it is in despotism, even though it could afford it. It has to be a Republic or a Monarchy to accept such deals.