Old September 26, 2002, 09:34   #121
XarXo
Prince

Local Time: 01:27
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by XarXo
This thread is about Cheats, Strategies and Cheat-Strategies.

The idea of strategy is not the typical one, must be one very simple but not evident (not based especially in the game, like "obtain X resource" or "discover Y knowledge"). That's all.

Get fun!
Just this.
Old September 28, 2002, 12:10   #122
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 20:27
Local Date: October 31, 2010
in idea with the luxury sharing, You can do a resource sharing trick where your human ally in dire need of iron will be supplied by you, for around 2 turns or so. your partner switches all the production to knights, swordmen and other iron req. production and declare war on you. Trade is nulled and you get your iron back. Meanwhile you partner will be able to build swordmen and knights and when they are completed, you can sign treaty and repeat the process to build more.
Old September 29, 2002, 02:50   #123
hahntsak
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Chieftain

Local Time: 17:27
Quote:
Originally posted by Calc II
in idea with the luxury sharing, You can do a resource sharing trick where your human ally in dire need of iron will be supplied by you, for around 2 turns or so. your partner switches all the production to knights, swordmen and other iron req. production and declare war on you. Trade is nulled and you get your iron back. Meanwhile you partner will be able to build swordmen and knights and when they are completed, you can sign treaty and repeat the process to build more.
i believe that's the ole tag team approach... sort of how an 'invasion army' was sent in trade deals in the bbs door game Solar Realms Elite a few times on my bbs long ago in dc..
Old October 1, 2002, 21:14   #124
MJW
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Prince

REP KILLER
level: Diety- Two humans 14 comps
Make a deal with the other guy. Make in insane offer for peace. If he accepts He is down to one city. If says no you have just ruined his rep and he can not get anything for trades. Unless its for peace. Fix:Make peace in a way that you can talk about it.
Old October 3, 2002, 20:31   #125
MJW
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Prince

BUMP
Old October 3, 2002, 20:33   #126
MJW
Prince

oh for=from
Old October 4, 2002, 10:55   #127
XarXo
Prince

Ok! Updated "Lucent Brains" and ideas text. For see them press the << link in the bottom of the replies. Enjoy!
Old October 5, 2002, 17:08   #128
Nyl
Settler

Invincible (mostly) kings
Playing Regicide or Mass Regicide, find a very small island and fill it with combat units plus your king(s). Unless someone is the Vikings, no one can touch your king until the late industrial age...
Old October 6, 2002, 08:35   #129
WarpStorm
King

I don't think that is a cheat, just a good strategy that will be able to be used very occasionally.
Old October 6, 2002, 19:08   #130
XarXo
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by XarXo
This thread is about Cheats, Strategies and Cheat-Strategies.

The idea of strategy is not the typical one, must be one very simple but not evident (not based especially in the game, like "obtain X resource" or "discover Y knowledge"). That's all.

Get fun!
Again
Old October 8, 2002, 11:33   #131
realpolitic
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by King of Rasslin
There should be a world wonder that gets rid of slavery. They had one in Call to Power. Civ 3 needs more imaginitive ideas like that. Alpha Centauri was the best, though.
Yeah, then the slaves become migrant workers and recieve 1/4 the pay of citizens.
Old October 8, 2002, 20:44   #132
hahntsak
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by realpolitic

Yeah, then the slaves become migrant workers and recieve 1/4 the pay of citizens.
but we can't let those migrant workers utilize govt facilities like iron works [prop 187] ...and if migrants are present citizens become pompous, lazy, and arrogant, however give them build army ability as we can always let cheap migrants go fight our wars for us. and their cheap and plentiful supply could be simulated by giving finish production ability [sounds like a manufactured leader? nah, we couldn't admit migrants as being leaders...]

now getting those migrants to mail moola back home that i can't figure out yet...
Old October 16, 2002, 11:21   #133
statusperfect
King

Local Time: 03:27
Diplomacy spam during turnless and simultaneous. Player A attacks player B. During the Attack player C & D send as many diplomacy requests as they can to player B.
Old October 20, 2002, 18:59   #134
CiverDan
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Lux InvictaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Roleplay
Prince

Obviously warmongers will try the "pack cities close together and pump out units" tactic used on higher levels and by people who millk games for high scores. I've been using this tactic on tiny Deity games recently with good success (Games with ppl like this will also turn any "builders into warmongers too if they want to stay in the game since the only way to counter this build up is to build up yourself)
Old October 31, 2002, 11:26   #135
XarXo
Prince

No more on top! Well, all in this life should have and end! The idea list and the "Lucent Brains" ranking now are closed . Thanks to all for your ideas!!

The lucentest brain in Apolyton is....

DR FELL

Last edited by XarXo; October 31, 2002 at 11:33.