Old May 29, 2002, 03:25   #1
JackInTheGreen
Settler

Local Time: 19:35
Local Date: October 31, 2010
SLIC Error on saved games
I keep getting a SLIC error message whenever I load a saved game (unless it's very early in the game). The error message is "In object CheckForUnit, function_GetUnitFromArmy: value out of bounds". This appears to occur on the first unit move after loading and all subsequent moves (mine and the AI) for the duration of the first turn after loading. After the first turn the game seems to operate normally. I'm running the CTPII patch 1.11 and the Apolyton mod pack. I hope that someone here can help me out.
Old May 29, 2002, 08:15   #2
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 02:35
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Im not sure of the exact reference to the SLIC message, but was the save game from the unmodded game? You cant play a saved game from the original game with the apolyton pack, or most of the other mods, if any.
Old May 29, 2002, 10:35   #3
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Have you got DebugSlic to '=Yes' or '=No' ? It should be '=No' for running any mods.

(In case you haven't the foggiest what I'm talking about, open ctp2_program/ctp2/userprofile.txt and search for DebugSlic)
Old May 29, 2002, 13:18   #4
JackInTheGreen
Settler

Local Time: 19:35
Thanks Immortal Wombat, that seems to have been the problem. I thought I had already changed that but I must have exited the text editor without saving. Again, thanks a lot.
Old May 29, 2002, 13:47   #5
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 18:35
Wombat- Maybe you can explain a few things about slic for me. What exactly do you do when you "reload the slic" and why does it matter if the debug equals yes or no? I'm just kind of curious what exactly these changes do to the program. Thanks in advance.
Old May 29, 2002, 19:09   #6
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

debugslic is a flag that toggles how well the game finds errors in the code. I'm sure Peter could explain this better, but bascally, if its set to Yes, it finds every single source of error, and tells you. For some reason, there are some 'bugs' that the debug finds that do not affect the operation of the code, and indeed seem to be neccessary to the function of the code.
To stop the messages from flagging up these non-bugs, set debugslic to no, and it will glide over errors that are not detrimental to the operation of the code. But will still tell you about syntax errors, and incorrectly written code.

To "reload the slic", you can either reload the game, or open the chat window (') and type "/reloadslic" This flushes out all the pre-running SLIC (including message logs, global variables etc.) and replaces it with the SLIC that is being loaded from script.slc and its subsidiary files. This is useful while editing SLIC with the game open, because you can write some code, load it in, see what errors it gives you, change them, reload etc. Or if it gives you no errors, you can see exactly what the code does, and whether its working as it should.
Old May 30, 2002, 12:51   #7
Oerdin
Deity

Ok, I think I understand things a little better now. Thanks.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old May 30, 2002, 19:26   #8
Mad_Merse
Settler

Local Time: 20:35
Amazing, just amazing. They anticipate your problem and post the answer just before you get there.

I came here tonight to search for an answer for the exact same problem, but Wombat had already posted the answer. And yes, my debugslic entry was set to "yes" also.

Thanks

Bob Mercer
Old May 31, 2002, 18:32   #9
Oerdin
Deity

We at Apolyton take pride in our community.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.