Old May 30, 2002, 01:10   #1
Ben Williams
Chieftain

Local Time: 20:38
Local Date: October 31, 2010
AI and modern combat
Has anyone else noticed this? On monarch, whenever I get into a war with an AI in the modern age, after both of us have synthetic fibers, they never use modern armor. Usually they attack with a massive amount of mech infantry's, which is stupid because they are primarily defensive units, and going up against another MI they have no chance of maintaining equil kill ratios (let alone winning ratios) in the long run. AND because the AI doesn't bombard units, a modern war comes down to who can produce more, if you can produce the same amount or more than the AI, you win by default (unless you're really stupid). Build nothing but MA for attack and MI for defence (if you're on the same continant of course) and see what happens, you win because the AI is to busy jerking you off with defensive units.

While I'm at it, why does the AI spend so much time bombarding my land, by the modern age you can afford to lose a few shields and food for a few turns, and that's only if you don't have the workers available to fix it right away.

This whole thing wouldn't be so tragic if they didn't use warriors against my tanks.

-ben
Old May 30, 2002, 08:46   #2
=DrJambo=
Prince

Local Time: 01:38
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I totally agree, however, there is an easy solution to this..

Basically, untag the offensive strategy in the editor for the mech infantry. I also did this with riflemen and infantry to encourage the AI to use the more offensive units (Cavalry, Tanks and Modern Armour).