Old June 1, 2002, 16:35   #1
dexters
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 01:49
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Your AI stories Here
Hello folks,

Long time lurker, took a six month break from Civ 3 and I'm back.
What I enjoyed about the forums, more than the flaming and hate mongering, is reading about people's games, especially how the game AI played against them and how each individual responded.

I've been browsing through the stories board and found a lot of fan fiction and stories based on real games. I hope this thread finds a home here. What I'm asking from readers is to post their AI stories here in plain prose. No need to make it into a story. Just explain what happened, what interesting ways did the AI act and how you reacted and the result. If the AI was interesting from the entire game, feel free to post a summarized version of your entire game if you'd like.

Thank you!
Old June 1, 2002, 17:38   #2
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Local Time: 19:49
Local Date: October 31, 2010
*Shrugs*

Well, there is this one succession game where those stupid iroquis took all of North America for themselves...
Old June 1, 2002, 18:06   #3
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Local Time: 20:49
Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
One time I was playing against the romans HUGE pangea, 2 players, and they kept attacking the same spearman I put on a mountain in their territory, it was funny because I got a great leader when I charged one of his warriors.
Old June 1, 2002, 22:13   #4
Keeper of Hell
Chieftain

Earlier today, was playing Persians. I invaded the continent of the hopelessly out-teched Iroquois, smashing through four of their cities on the first turn with my Tanks. What do the clever natives respond with? An attack column consisting of about 30 units, Riflemen/Pikemen/Swordsmen. This attack column takes a long, winding course past every single one of my Tanks, taking a ton of flak as they go, and finally arrives at the captured Iroquois capital, where they halt. My turn: bomb the column until every single unit is down to one, destroy the entire thing with Tanks. Five turns later and the Iroquois were history.
Old June 1, 2002, 23:46   #5
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
The first game I played on diety, I was all alone on a medium sized island, when 4 TRANSPORTs, landed and took my 5 cities with Tanks, I was super pissed, cuz all I had were pikemen