Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 04:02
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by panag

hi ,

for every one drafted , one citizen unhappy for 20 turns , ...

have a nice day
hi ,

well it seems that this gets worse when you mobilize for a longer period of time , like two times in a row , and somehow , even with only one infantry drafted , a citizen becomes really unhappy , ...

have a nice day
Old June 17, 2002, 19:45   #32
kring
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerNationStatesCTP2 Source Code ProjectApolyton UniversityCivilization IV Creators
King

Local Time: 20:02
Local Date: October 31, 2010
According to one of the Firaxians (Soren, maybe), it is cumulative, and you can have a negative unhappiness factor, esp. if you don't have enough citizens.
Old June 17, 2002, 19:52   #33
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by kring
According to one of the Firaxians (Soren, maybe), it is cumulative, and you can have a negative unhappiness factor, esp. if you don't have enough citizens.
hi ,

true , it seems to be like that .
and it should be like that , ...

have a nice day
Old June 18, 2002, 11:45   #34
Cookie Monster
King

Local Time: 21:02
Quote:
Originally posted by ahenobarb
I disagree. War mobilization is a tool of the weak. Only use it if you're about to get rolled over by another civ. Otherwise stay out of it during your wars.

The effect is to transfer control of your economy to the whim of your AI opponent. If you are a democracy you will get war weariness, if your mobilized you get it worse. The effect is that over the course of the war, more and more of your cities revolt, meaning that you have to take production away from actually producing units and change them to entertainers -- but the point of mobilization is to get that extra production bonus. What has actually happened is that you have become less productive, because less of your citizens are producing. ... And you are stuck because you can't get out without the peace treat, which the AI often won't give even after you've conquered 75% of his territory.

If your not mobilized, no peace treaty? Who cares -- I'm coming to get you! And your (the player's) cities are full of shiny happy people holding hands and you have shiny new swords or tanks hacking away at will in the enemy cities territories. You've got cultural improvements going up and you can continue to work on those marginal cities.

The most effective strategy is to stockpile units and keep them near the borders waiting to overwhelm your opponent. If you haven't done this already, war-mobilization isn't going to help much. The only time I would use War-mobilization is if your are behind in units ("Compared to these guys we have a weak military") In other words, its an act of deparation.
Ah but when used properly war mobilization is a tool of the strong!

Case, you must pick a religious civ. Switch to monarchy/communism. I'll assume that we have all the infrastructure that we need because we are late industrial or early modern. Pop out units and engage in protracted war the rest of the game to stop the AI from winning the space race, domination, or any other victory. This is not an elegant way to play Civ3 I agree, but is very effective for all those who wish to utterly destroy everything in site! Give it a try.

Good luck
Old June 18, 2002, 14:12   #35
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Haupt. Dietrich

Ah but when used properly war mobilization is a tool of the strong!

Case, you must pick a religious civ. Switch to monarchy/communism. I'll assume that we have all the infrastructure that we need because we are late industrial or early modern. Pop out units and engage in protracted war the rest of the game to stop the AI from winning the space race, domination, or any other victory. This is not an elegant way to play Civ3 I agree, but is very effective for all those who wish to utterly destroy everything in site! Give it a try.

Good luck
hi ,

it helps a bit to look at the civ-specific-abilities , but the main point is , that when used the right way , it can become a tool to jump-start your military campaign , to re-arm after a long war , to "upgrade" your units , to increase production when corruption is eating a large number of shields , ...or just to increase for a while longer a piece of your golden age , ....

have a nice day
Old June 18, 2002, 15:25   #36
Cookie Monster
King

Quote:
Originally posted by panag

hi ,

it helps a bit to look at the civ-specific-abilities , but the main point is , that when used the right way , it can become a tool to jump-start your military campaign , to re-arm after a long war , to "upgrade" your units , to increase production when corruption is eating a large number of shields , ...or just to increase for a while longer a piece of your golden age , ....

have a nice day
Yes someone who understands!

Your points are some of the other reasons I forgot to say about why I like war economy. Happy gaming!
Old June 18, 2002, 16:04   #37
DaveV
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Local Time: 22:02
Is the mobilization bonus cumulative with golden age bonus? E.g., if you are German and win with a panzer while mobilized, do you then gain two extra shields per square?
Old June 18, 2002, 17:25   #38
ahenobarb
Prince

Local Time: 02:02
Quote:
Originally posted by Haupt. Dietrich

Yes someone who understands!

Your points are some of the other reasons I forgot to say about why I like war economy. Happy gaming!
You can do all thos things without being mobilized and you are not confined to waiting around for a peace treaty to get out it.

Your strategy is sound, that's what I do too (unless I'm working on cultural victory), but I don't mobilize even in preparation for war. the problem is that once you are mobilized, you are locked into that strategy until the clunky AI churns out a peace treaty for you.

I just won't trade my freedom of action for a shield per city.
Old June 19, 2002, 08:40   #39
Cookie Monster
King

Agreed.

I definately make sure I've built up my major cities prior to engaging in wartime economy. Since many people haven't really experimented with wartime economy I thought I'd give it a go.

I'm only on my second game using my wartime economy experiment so I'm not 100% sure of this strategy, however the results so far do look encouraging.