Old June 9, 2002, 22:36   #91
Tassadar500
Emperor

Local Time: 19:12
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Can I be vice-president
Old June 9, 2002, 22:39   #92
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 20:12
I would go for vp, but I have very similar view as those of space05us and don't want to draw votes away from him, so i'll go for science advisor. I'll be in Utah from june 28-july 10 so my deputy will have to take over during that time though...

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old June 9, 2002, 23:15   #93
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 14:12
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Let's keep things simple, else we'll take forever on all our first decisions. As for Ministers, we don't need any more than the ones specified in the poll that has been put up. Air Force, Navy etc Ministers? Maybe we will need them if the Minister of War is getting overworked, but surely that can wait until we are actually at the point.

Am I the only one who doesn't want things overly complex??????!!?!?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old June 9, 2002, 23:28   #94
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 22:12
Agreed. For now let's keep things simple. If the need arises for more ministers, then the current ministers can vote on it and a new office can be created.
Old June 9, 2002, 23:40   #95
Adc
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:12
Edited: I will be travelling for part of this term so I am dropping my candidacy for all positions (for now at least...)

Last edited by Adc; June 10, 2002 at 14:26.
Old June 9, 2002, 23:48   #96
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 20:12
MWIA: I agree. The only position I think should be added is public works, because workers are so important in civ3 vs in civ2...

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old June 10, 2002, 01:08   #97
Chandragupta
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 21:12
My god that's a lot of posts... I know I'm new at this but still! At any rate, I'll run for Minister of Imperial Expansion if it still exists in the final list of official ministerial (that a word?) positions.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt
Old June 10, 2002, 01:18   #98
punkbass2000
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameApolyton UniversityCivilization III PBEM
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Adc
I'm going for president, since I've seen only one candidate and I believ some competition is healthy.
Oh, I'd also like to run for City Planner and Science advisor, if one can run for several offices.
Of course you can, there are no rules.
Old June 10, 2002, 01:34   #99
Timeline
King

I would also like to announce my intention to run as Minster of Imperial Expansion.

I feel I would be ideal for this position as I am an avid Civ 3 player and take great pride in my city placement ability .

I value proper city placement for long-term expansion, but do not follow this line of thinking as rigidly as some do. I understand the importance of balancing short term needs with long term benfits.

Vote for Timeline, and put our nation in line for building cities that stand the test of time .

Last edited by Timeline; June 10, 2002 at 01:49.
Old June 10, 2002, 01:41   #100
Space05us
King

Local Time: 14:12
MrWIA I think you should go for Military advisor!
Old June 10, 2002, 01:47   #101
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta

I think a party member in office is always good . MWIA has also been quite instrumental in helping to set things up and give us a baseline, I would like to see him in some kind of minister position.
Old June 10, 2002, 03:19   #102
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

Local Time: 04:12
Quote:
Originally posted by cyclotron7
So who magages gold distribution? The trade advisor or the Prez?
If we have a Financial minister he'll be in charge. If not we'll have to fine someone to trust that he is not giving more to some pepole...
Old June 10, 2002, 10:38   #103
beno
Civilization III Democracy GameMac
Chieftain

Local Time: 02:12
hello my fellow Democrats,

Assuming with the new beta patch now released for mac, I can read the saved files, and assuming there is still room in the citizenry - I would love to join.

If I have assumed wrongly, please let me know (and why etc. - the techy side of this is not my strongpoint). As a mac user I can only hope that my flouncy artistic input in the cultural advancement of whichever civ we choose to be, can aid in the utter destruction of our enemies. (just completed my first regent game as the Persians, and running out of time to get into space, I won by icing the opposition wit' my ICBM's - still feel a bit filthy)

Questions:
Is there a regular time to clock in for each instalment of this lengthy fiasco?
If there isn't compatibility between mac and pc, what the --- can I do about it?
Why, (in the game I mentioned above) did my automated workers keep returning to my capital and dieing - was this a hunger strike due to my barbaric military tactics?
Also, why did a great leader I got get shot by one of my infantrymen when he tried to enter the city? - not the welcome home I was expecting!

Answers to any of the above would keep my forces safely within my borders
Old June 10, 2002, 12:23   #104
Captain
King

when do we vote on these?
Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
Old June 10, 2002, 12:26   #105
Jon Shafer

Quote:
Originally posted by Captain
when do we vote on these?
I set up a poll asking that.
Old June 10, 2002, 14:28   #106
Cyclotron
Never Ending StoriesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Please note:

Unfortunately, some surprise schedule anomolies will prevent me from being close to a computer for the next two weeks or so. Thus, if it is decided that the game will start in the next two weeks, I feel I must retract my candidacy for Minister of Trade. Good luck to... er, whoever wants it.
Old June 10, 2002, 14:33   #107
Adc
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:12
Please note:
I will be travelling for part of this term so I am dropping my candidacy for all positions, which included president, City Planner and Science Advisor (for now at least...)
Old June 10, 2002, 22:43   #108
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Sign me up for Imperial Expansion minister.
Old June 11, 2002, 00:08   #109
Timeline
King

n/t

Last edited by Timeline; June 11, 2002 at 00:23.
Old June 11, 2002, 09:28   #110
Gen. Hancock
Settler

I will run for Imperial expansion Advisor