Old June 10, 2002, 01:39   #1
Jacobite1688
Spanish Civers
Prince

Local Time: 20:16
Local Date: October 31, 2010
New Scenario Available for Download! The Lost Island is here!
At last, it is done enough! Anouncing the release of my The Lost Island scenario! (ver. 2.3) Here it is: King Arthur and the fall of Roman Britian. Its sort of based off Winston Churchill's account of the events. It is my best work to date, yes, better then the Banana Republic thing. I wanted it to be the best Artuhrian Scenario ever made and I feel it is pretty dame good. I would love to hear what you all think about it. Perhaps my next project will be 14th century Europe.

For more information and to download the scenario, go to my Web site. The link is in my signature below.
Old June 10, 2002, 01:59   #2
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 12:16
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Wow, your webpage is looking good Jacobite
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
Old June 12, 2002, 02:32   #3
Jacobite1688
Spanish Civers
Prince

Thanks for the compliment, Case. Still, I am a little disheartened though. I threw Banana Republic together as a joke in a couple of hours and the thread concerning it got more than a dozen replies. I spent MONTHS (when the time is all added up) on The Lost Island and the only comment it has generated in two days is that my Web site looks good.
Maybe my next scenario project should just be about the Three Stooges.
Old June 12, 2002, 02:35   #4
DarthVeda
Emperor

Local Time: 22:16
I'd try it, but I'm busy with Kyokujitsu

I did check out your webpage, though

to be honest, I don't play a lot of scenarios though. Only my own
Old June 12, 2002, 02:53   #5
Jacobite1688
Spanish Civers
Prince

Yeah, I guess I don't play too many scenarios myself. Moreover, the scenarios I have designed up till now were really made just for my own amusement. I don't mean to complain to you all.
Old June 12, 2002, 03:22   #6
DarthVeda
Emperor

Local Time: 22:16
Well I went and tried it even though I don't really care for mideival europe.

I found the Tech tree a little too oppresive as the Scotts. I found my territory of size 1 and 2 cities being encroached on and there wasn't too much I could do about it.

The scenario looks good, it's just that it's not my cup of tea. Good job!
Old June 12, 2002, 04:43   #7
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 21:16
i'm more a modern warfare type scenario, if i can't have tanks and artillery, it really doesn't interest me...
Old June 12, 2002, 05:43   #8
Cyrion
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 04:16
Hi Jacobite,

I'm still playing my 2 games!!

I'll send you more comments by mail soon!!

BUT: really nice scen IMHO!!
LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464
Old June 12, 2002, 08:55   #9
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 21:16
I'll take a look at it, the screenshot looks good.
Old June 12, 2002, 10:31   #10
Jacobite1688
Spanish Civers
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by DarthVeda
I found the Tech tree a little too oppresive as the Scotts. I found my territory of size 1 and 2 cities being encroached on and there wasn't too much I could do about it.
Constructive complaints, thank you as I will prob. start on another scenario soon. It also will not likely be a modern scenario, so I know at least two people who will not be interested in it. Still, it is good we have a variety of intrests, it keeps scenario production varied.
Old June 17, 2002, 12:57   #11
Jim Winchell
Chieftain

Local Time: 02:16
I played your Lost Island scenario, which has been the only scenario I've tried in the last year. I liked the map, units and theme, although I had little problem wiping out the AI civs as King Arthur's civ was. Some criticism, hopefully constructive:

1. I'm not sure what the monk unit was for.
2. The missionary unit is too powerful. Towards the beginning of the game, I sold all my churches and bribed London (the only enemy city with a city wall). After I changed to combined monarchy, I was making so much gold each turn that I just bribed all of the enemy cities away instead of assaulting them. I would delete this unit.
3. The government menu still had the regular Civ definition for Communism.
4. The description for the wonders was too lengthy and ran off of my pop up screen so I was unable to see what the effects of the wonders were.
5. The event-created barbarians were pretty lame. The barbarians just marched to the nearest fort and parked it for the rest of the game. I would make the event-created units owned by one of the AI civs instead of being barbarians. To make things really hairy for the player, have the event-created units for the invasions appear on the beaches every turn and/or create a hard to kill ruler-type unit similar to the King Arthur unit.
6. After taking a couple of the AI's cities (especially London) the AI really wimped out and wasn't much of a threat. On the east side of the map, I would place some one hex cities (which should be unconquerable if the missionary units are deleted) to represent the Viking, Danish, and North German tribes in Europe. This way these civs would not be completely eliminated by merely capturing or destroying the cities in England. And hopefully these civs would build ships and units in these cities to carry out raids and invasions in England. Give them the Navigation advance at start so they get the boat unit that won't flounder. Maybe give them the Magellian or the Lighthouse wonder (and Nuclear Power) so their boats will move faster to England.
7. The Irish never raided England in my game. This might have been due to the lack of cities along the coast between Ireland and England for the AI to build boats at.
Old June 17, 2002, 21:06   #12
Space05us
King

Local Time: 14:16
Im going to go download it and play it. I'll be back with my thoughts