Old June 14, 2002, 21:18   #61
Blisterz
Chieftain

Local Time: 02:18
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I spent alot of my youth homeless. Not bothering anyone (for the most part), and the only law I was breaking was sitting on the side walk once and awhile. Try and tell me that being respectful gets you treated nice, after I have been handcuffed to a bycycle rack and beat on for the better part of an hour. Stuff like that has happened to almost all the people I used to live in the city with, and surly you cant say that we were all deserving off a beating.

That is just one of the wonderful services the great Toronto metro police have to offer the cities worse off.

**** 52! (please someone tell me they get that)

William Seward Burroughs
February 5, 1914 - August 2, 1997 R.I.P. Uncle Bill, you are missed.
Old June 14, 2002, 21:21   #62
Blisterz
Chieftain

Local Time: 02:18
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Ming

Now, if you want to complain... complain about the idiots that pass the laws that the cops have to enforce

I agree with you as well

William Seward Burroughs
February 5, 1914 - August 2, 1997 R.I.P. Uncle Bill, you are missed.
Old June 15, 2002, 00:44   #63
SnowFire
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 21:18
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Vagrants are one thing. But the problem is that this law is completely ridiculous. Was it legal to park there? If so, what does it matter whether you're awake, asleep, building a trainset, whatever? The spot is occupied anyway.

Now if the city has a problem with a horde of people sleeping in cars, then they can put up parking meters and that will probably cure the problem, or move the people out into areas where you won't care if they're taking up the space for a night.

I say this as a person who has slept in a car at least a few times to save on hotel costs.
Old June 15, 2002, 02:21   #64
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 22:18
Re: Damn US Police State
Quote:
Originally posted by OzzyKP
At Rehobath I see that it is illegal to: sleep on the benches, dig holes, run, have dogs, have bikes, throw objects (frisbees, footballs, etc), no changing in the bathrooms (where the hell are you supposed to change?). These rules are at the other beaches too. Its amazing they let you go in the water at all. What a load of crap.
Just wait 'til someone lights them up with a home-grown nuke; all this trivial stuff will go away.
Old June 15, 2002, 12:31   #65
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

Local Time: 22:18
Quote:
Originally posted by SnowFire
Vagrants are one thing. But the problem is that this law is completely ridiculous. Was it legal to park there? If so, what does it matter whether you're awake, asleep, building a trainset, whatever? The spot is occupied anyway.

Now if the city has a problem with a horde of people sleeping in cars, then they can put up parking meters and that will probably cure the problem, or move the people out into areas where you won't care if they're taking up the space for a night.

I say this as a person who has slept in a car at least a few times to save on hotel costs.
Exactly, I checked all the signs in the neighborhood, you needed a permit from 9 am till 4 pm, but it was perfectly fine to park there at night...as long as I'm awake. Stupid law.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah