View Poll Results: Who should be Science Advisor?
Tassadar5000 47 56.63%
civman2000 36 43.37%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 13, 2002, 04:13   #31
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 20:23
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Who had plans for a better banana?
Old June 13, 2002, 04:57   #32
atawa
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession Games
King

Local Time: 04:23
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker
Civman, I voted for you, because you have this magical quality lacked by many in these forums, something known as EXPERIENCE.
Good point, my vote is for Civman
Old June 13, 2002, 05:03   #33
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Sorry kids. My vote goes to Tass.

For one, he has a sense of humour, not that civman doesn't, however...

For another, he has assured me via back channels that he does indeed have a plan for a better banana. Dentists will like his plan.
Old June 13, 2002, 05:14   #34
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 03:23
Quote:
Civman, I voted for you, because you have this magical quality lacked by many in these forums, something known as EXPERIENCE.
I've seen civman2000 playing a succession game on Regent (or was it Warlord?), which ended in a space race defeat. I'm unsure if I would like this kind of experience. Sure, this isn't an entirely fair comparison, because he was by far not the only one who played, but he claimed to be the leader, and he wouldn't be the only one in this gov't either, so it makes me think.
Old June 13, 2002, 05:21   #35
notyoueither
Deity

I sense mud being flung.
Old June 13, 2002, 05:21   #36
atawa
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession Games
King

IMHO experience in playing Demogames is more imoprtant then having a slight edge in civing skills.

Most is done by polls anyway.
Old June 13, 2002, 07:59   #37
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

LOL, that was because Sovy Kurosei kept making us go to war. I tried changing to republic to stop him so we could get some science , but he just ignored my pleas and kept sending us into victorious but detrimentla wars. I did what I could to stop him. So my promise is: I'll try to stop detrimental wars at all costs, even though as science guy i won't have much influence over it...

There's still another day! And if Tassadar hadn't read the message first, I could have told you that I too have a plan for a better banana!

Nothing personal, but I think Sir Ralph has become the official worst enemy of the AAACC3

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old June 13, 2002, 08:05   #38
Harovan
staff

No offense was meant, civman, the smell of incense here had just gotten too strong. And I know, what (or better who) your problem was in that game, and your position was lost, as everyone did, what he wanted.

As for the worst enemy, well, I'm honored.
Old June 13, 2002, 08:54   #39
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

I think some people didn't understand Tassadar's platform. He has a preference in tech choice, but he will always think before deciding. That means pragmatism, that means adaptation to the world. When I read Civman's posts, I feel he's less pragmatical, even if I think he's not completely rigid.
Old June 13, 2002, 09:28   #40
Harovan
staff

I agree with Spiffor. While I don't find civman incompetent (not at all!), I consider him acting more emotional than rational. I mentioned the succession game on purpose, not just to flame or so. Sure, it's not civmans fault that it got lost. They had a guy in the succession list, who just started wars with everyone he met, with or without declaration, and treaties were nil. Of course, the whole gang had to suffer from that. Civman did his best to secure a halfway decent gaming, kudos to him for that, but he did it in a very emotional way and the game thread often grew into long arguments, spam and rant fests. Not only his fault, but I see a connection to the demogame though. We also will stumble into wars, and we also have very aggressive players in the designed government, so I hope the discussions in the upcoming government can be made more calm than in the mentioned game.
Old June 13, 2002, 12:53   #41
Timeline
King

Local Time: 21:23
Quote:
Originally posted by civman2000

Nothing personal, but I think Sir Ralph has become the official worst enemy of the AAACC3

my promise is: I'll try to stop . . . wars at all costs.
And I think you just made yourself the enemy of the Imperialists

Disclaimer: My words in no way reflect those of the Imperialist Party.
Old June 13, 2002, 16:07   #42
Kuciwalker
Deity

Local Time: 22:23
If Tassadar isn't going to submit completely to the polls, HE MUST NOT WIN! The polls are the most important part of the Democracy Game; the are sacred.
Old June 13, 2002, 18:17   #43
punkbass2000
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameApolyton UniversityCivilization III PBEM
King

Local Time: 22:23
Quote:
If Tassadar isn't going to submit completely to the polls, HE MUST NOT WIN! The polls are the most important part of the Democracy Game; the are sacred.
I completely agree. This should be in the Constitution.
Old June 13, 2002, 21:07   #44
-=MordeN=-
Settler

My vote is to Tassadar bc he has a more "ahead-of-time" view of the tech and also a good planning of things which are better for the empire

go tassadar!!
Old June 14, 2002, 03:42   #45
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Tassadar.

He seems to have a reasonably balanced, well-reflected and foreseeing approach to the task, and I believe that's what we need.
Old June 14, 2002, 09:18   #46
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

1 day left, I can still catch up!

Timeline: Your disclaimer is entirely correct! The AAACC3 and the Imperialist party have merged! You did a good job at skewing my words and replacing the most important words with "..."

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old June 14, 2002, 15:17   #47
civman2000
Emperor

i'm catching up! All of the last 3 votes were for me ! I you all!

EDIT: 1 more for me , two more for tassadar

Last edited by civman2000; June 14, 2002 at 15:40.
Old June 14, 2002, 15:30   #48
Timeline
King

HEY, it's what politicians do best!
Old June 15, 2002, 09:51   #49
civman2000
Emperor

10 hours left, i need 11 votes...Vote for me and vote for experience! Vote for flexibility!

Old June 15, 2002, 10:04   #50
ThePlagueRat
PtWDG RoleplayCTP2 Source Code ProjectACDG Peace
King

I think i'll vote for civman, cause he sounds like a smartass-politician!

The remaining question is:
Who will listen to the peoples voice?
Old June 15, 2002, 10:13   #51
civman2000
Emperor

You voted for tass accidentally ! It went from 45-34 to 46-34!

I will ALWAYS obey the people. That's why I think the most important skill for an advisor is good polling. I have experience with how the civ2 game works and how the polls can work so that makes me a better candidate.

Old June 15, 2002, 21:37   #52
civman2000
Emperor

wait a minute...it's 6/15, and it hasnt ended

Oh, it seems that trip miscounted: post 5-day poll 6/11 (in US) nad it ends 6/16. not 6/15...