Old June 25, 2002, 09:48   #31
The Rusty Gamer
Prince

Local Time: 14:24
Local Date: November 1, 2010
There's a game called Trump Tycoon by Activision due out on 15th October according to this release list. I wonder what that game is about?
Old June 25, 2002, 14:59   #32
CygnusZ
Warlord

Local Time: 02:24
Wait a second, is there a game similar to "Television Tycoon"? It's not in the Tycoon series, but the premise was that you ran a television station and you had to manage what shows the station bought and sell advertising time.

Anybody know the game that I'm thinking of?
Old June 25, 2002, 15:21   #33
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 04:24
Quote:
Originally posted by CygnusZ
Wait a second, is there a game similar to "Television Tycoon"? It's not in the Tycoon series, but the premise was that you ran a television station and you had to manage what shows the station bought and sell advertising time.

Anybody know the game that I'm thinking of?
I tried a game like that some years ago, but the game was pretty old, so it never catched me...Don't remember the name of the game though...
Old June 25, 2002, 15:39   #34
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

MAD TV
or MAD News, where you had to manage a paper
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old June 25, 2002, 15:51   #35
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

Quote:
Originally posted by The Rusty Gamer
There's a game called Trump Tycoon by Activision due out on 15th October according to this release list. I wonder what that game is about?
and State Fair Tycoon then
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old June 25, 2002, 16:16   #36
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 22:24
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by War4ever

anyone played monopoly tycoon??
Yes. It was actually quite fun, but I haven't played it in a while. (Serious Sam 2 came out, and a lot of other games)
Old June 25, 2002, 23:41   #37
The Rusty Gamer
Prince

According to the above-mentioned release list, Monopoly 3 is coming out later this year. I wonder what enchancements that will have?

MAD TV can be downloaded for free from the underdogs site.
Old June 27, 2002, 14:29   #38
Juggler
Prince

Local Time: 03:24
Quote:
I'd like to see AK-47 Tycoon. Basically you'd manage a terrorist assault weapon, and sand would get in it, and stuff. It'd be fun.
Not a bad idea but I'd call it "AK-47 weapon manager&cleaner Tycoon" (just to make it sound better)

and I have a question - what's Ski Resort Tycoon like? I wanted to download it but heard it wasn't that good.
Old June 27, 2002, 14:57   #39
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Juggler
but heard it wasn't that good.
You heard correctly.

(apparently there is a ski resort manger aswell - haven't played that one.)

Do It Ourselves
Old June 27, 2002, 15:40   #40
Cookie Monster
King

Local Time: 21:24
extract as much money as you can from people because love is not a family value but love of money is tycoon..............
Old June 28, 2002, 03:00   #41
The Rusty Gamer
Prince

Ski Resort Tycoon 2 is out now. Is that an improvement does anyone know?

The same people have made a batch of relatively cheap tycoon games including Golf Resort Tycoon which was ok for what I paid for it (and I think a sequel is out or coming out) and also Roller Skater Tycoon but I don't know what that's like.

Other tycoon games from a different company include Arline Tycoon (which you can download a demo of and a sequel is coming out for that as well), Political Tycoon or Economic Tycoon (depending on which part of the world you are in and also has a demo) and finally Gadget Tycoon which I haven't found a demo for but has anyone played it and is it any good?

Last edited by The Rusty Gamer; June 28, 2002 at 22:49.
Old June 28, 2002, 06:12   #42
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Quote:
[...]and finally Gadget Tycoon which I haven't found a demo for but has anyone played it and is it any good?
I have been looking all over for a demo for this one too, so if someone knows a place to find a demo, please share your knowledge
Old June 28, 2002, 07:32   #43
Grumbold
Emperor

Almost none of these games produce demos because it would double the production time and people would find out how awful they were before they paid their money
Old July 1, 2002, 13:49   #44
FrankBullit
Civilization III Democracy Game
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by ADG
Sounds interesting. Right now I don't have any ideas for future tycoon games, but there's some tycoon games, I'd like to see fixed, like Car Tycoon. That game is great (When ignoring the tons of bugs and missings), which mean the general idea behind the game is great, but because it contains two tons bugs and missings (Like MP), it's unplayable But if someone could take the idea, and make the game playable, that would be great...And just for your knowledge, normally I don't care about cars, I believe I wouldn't even be able to recognize a Ferrari when one is driving down the street...
Old July 1, 2002, 13:50   #45
FrankBullit
Civilization III Democracy Game
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by ADG
Sounds interesting. Right now I don't have any ideas for future tycoon games, but there's some tycoon games, I'd like to see fixed, like Car Tycoon. That game is great (When ignoring the tons of bugs and missings), which mean the general idea behind the game is great, but because it contains two tons bugs and missings (Like MP), it's unplayable But if someone could take the idea, and make the game playable, that would be great...And just for your knowledge, normally I don't care about cars, I believe I wouldn't even be able to recognize a Ferrari when one is driving down the street...
Vector has put out a patch for Car Tycoon, don't know what it takes care of exactly, but I did download it.
Old July 1, 2002, 13:56   #46
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by FrankBullit
Vector has put out a patch for Car Tycoon, don't know what it takes care of exactly, but I did download it.
I know, I have the latest patch, but that one doesn't really fix the worst bugs...One of the main problems in the game is the heavy traffic: It takes a lot of time, just to drive a car through town. I believe it's like, when 10 cars are made, 1 car dissapeir...

I have never played a game longer than 15 years, and I guess I'll never be able to do that, since they are now making a completely new game about the same...With other words, they are just taking the game Car Tycoon, and rename it Wheels, then sell it again...Talking about getting ripped off
Old July 5, 2002, 13:32   #47
Alex
Emperor

Local Time: 23:24
Fart Tycoon.

Through careful management of food consumed during specific hours and using a vast array of different shaped underwear, you can produce the loudest and longest farts in the world, gaining points also for how stinking those farts are, in a thrilling contest where the player which manages to make most people throw up wins!

On the game's website, you can exchange your best farts with other players, and, through the innovative "SmellingMouse(TM)"* technology, you can even smell the farts you and others produce!

Do not miss the chance to become a real stinking fart tycoon!!

---
*Note: In order to make use of this feature, the user has to own a pointing device like the new OdourMouse(TM) by MicroSh!t Corporation.
Old July 5, 2002, 14:33   #48
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 22:24
Quote:
Originally posted by Anunikoba
Tyco® Tycoon:

You know what's especially ironic about this? I wasn't even thinking about the financial trouble Tyco is in when I posted this.

Heh, that WOULD make for a challenging game, wouldn't it?
Old July 5, 2002, 18:57   #49
Freeze
Chieftain

Dot.Com Tycoon

From managed hosting to telecom, consultancy, and running a big game site forum, this game has it all.
Old July 13, 2002, 21:02   #50
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

There's a law firm tycoon game called The Partners:

http://www.montecristogames.com/Gran...e/TPintro.htm#

Never tried it though...Just heard of it...
Old July 26, 2002, 00:47   #51
The Rusty Gamer
Prince

Well, I've bought Airline Tycoon just recently because:

1) It has a budget price

2) Avault gave it a good review here.

It's fun, quite enjoyable; only thing is I'm stuck at the second level of the campaign, I'm supposed to be the first to fly 2500 passengers but the AI players do far better than me from the start.

The sequel which will include enhancements such as being able to design and build your own plane is coming out soon so it depends whether you want to spend a budget price on the perfectly playable game as it is now or wait for the enhanced version and spend more for it.

Gadget Tycoon is also on special but it didn't get such a good review so I've held off buying that one. Maybe if they drop the price waaaay down...
Old July 26, 2002, 06:25   #52
Grumbold
Emperor

Looks like fun but the whole timer concept ruins it for me. If I have to make precise judgement calls I want time to consider the choices, not find that the compressed time has ticked away too fast.
Old July 26, 2002, 12:53   #53
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

I' just got the game Crazy Factory (Somebody says it's the same thing as Gadget Tycoon), but it's not worth anything...I've read the re-view in some gamemagazine, were they mention the only thing bad about the game, was the comedy they used in the game...But from what I have seen, the only good thing about the game, is the comedy they have used...The choices of what to do is way to few (Has a one-way research, can't actually see the product in game (only in boxes), To produce anything, you need only 4 people (to build it), you can't hire more than it (to build), which means with 4 people, you can make as much gadget as you wish (As long as you have the right machinery (1 person per machine)
Old August 23, 2002, 07:43   #54
Juggler
Prince

a new one

www.deepseatycoon.com
Old August 23, 2002, 08:30   #55
Galvatron
Civilization II PBEMPtWDG Glory of War
Prince

Local Time: 20:24
Quote:
Originally posted by tishco
The next generation of Tycoon games!

Microsoft/Bill Gates Tycoon!
Hmm how would the game work? You are microsoft and having an army of "programmers" these guys pretend they are able to produce software and in the end only update something which is already on the market and making big money out of it. Hey sounds funny hope it will produced some day will surely buy it

And the end title screen will say:
“It’s not a bug it’s a feature”

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.
Old August 23, 2002, 17:46   #56
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

...Religion Tycoon might be a good idea for the future.

Did you know there was a Ski Park Tycoon II
Old August 24, 2002, 16:09   #57
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkCloud
Did you know there was a Ski Park Tycoon II
I have heard of it, but never tried it (I'm not that much for skiing)

There's also a skateboard park tycoon game (Don't remember the name though, but I haven't tried this one either, since I don't like the skateboard that much...)
Old August 25, 2002, 11:23   #58
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

It's called Skate Park Tycoon, I believe... It looked horrid

There's also a Golf Park Tycoon II
In competition to Sid Meier's Golf... Actaully the 2 games look very much alike
Old August 25, 2002, 11:55   #59
The Rusty Gamer
Prince

I have Golf Resort Tycoon the first. It's ok for the price (it's an el cheapo). It has a 3d option where you can see through the eyes of any golfer or even any building I think from memory.

I don't know what enhancements version 2 has though.
Old August 27, 2002, 09:23   #60
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Quote:
Well, I've bought Airline Tycoon just recently because:
The game's boring... For a week or two it might be interesting, but then it just gets boring, since it's always the same thing to do. I downloaded evolution, but it wasn't interesting at all, the extra features they put in the game wasn't useable... The "build-you-own-plane" thing was unuseable, because I never got that much money to be able to actually afford a new plane (two weeks of a-lot-of-stops playing just couldn't do it), and the security is only there to laugh at, it defently didn't stop the other players to "attack" me, which they did almost every day, but still security couldn't stop them...

Needless to say: I deleted the game again...

If you really want to play the game, don't wait to pay full price for the "extra stuff", just go buy the "normal" version it cheap...