Old June 14, 2002, 11:42   #1
Moral Hazard
King

Local Time: 22:34
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Some important game set up polls closed with out definite resolution.
This is kind of important. So I made a new thread. Since I'd like to get everyones attention, and resolve the issue ASAP.

Anyway alot of polls closed today see my current polls thread for which ones. But some of them closed with debatable winners.

These polls have debatable winners in my opinion.
Land Mass
Random. has plurality on single option but continents have a plurality when aggregated. I think this means we should go with random, because the different levels of continents are pretty different. But I'm not sure.

Barbarians
We've already discussed the problems with this one of course, but I'm not sure if we ever came to consensus.

Number of terms in a row allowed.
This one is kind of low priority since we won't need it for a while. Results not totally clear I think it specifies that term limits be imposed at three terms.

This one hasn't closed yet but will today.
Difficulty Setting
Once again already discussed, but I'm not sure it was finalized.

Like I said they have already been discussed in this poll but I want to make sure you think it is legit and that everyone votes on it. Oh and I wasn't entirely sure when this poll was going to close. I specified in my thread, it would close today to coincide with the polls it was about. But I didn't get any feed back on it. Oh the reason I question it's legitimacy was there was no option for a revote on the two most popular options. Personally I find it legitimate but I think I should verify.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated. I apoligize if any one thinks I shouldn't have created a new thread on this. I wasn't entirely sure if I should. Anyway since I have I have I think it's best to continue the discussion in here.
Old June 14, 2002, 11:57   #2
Timeline
King

Local Time: 21:34
I say just let the winners win.......and let's get on to the game!

I am kinda tired of debating
Old June 14, 2002, 12:03   #3
Moral Hazard
King

Who makes the call who the winner is however. I'd be glad to make it Truthfully I don't really care, but I like debating.
Old June 14, 2002, 12:06   #4
Timeline
King

Local Time: 21:34
Just go with the one with the highest amount of votes.

As a pro-averager that is a strong statement coming from me. But sometimes there is just a time to go with the flow in the name of progress.
Old June 14, 2002, 12:46   #5
Moral Hazard
King

Ok, If I don't hear any strong objections I'll go with the highest voted at 2400 GMT if the option is still winning the poll, in the difficulty and barbarian thread. And hold a runnoff expiring Sunday for the land Mass thread. Considering the game can't start till then anyway.

Last edited by Moral Hazard; June 14, 2002 at 13:20.
Old June 14, 2002, 23:39   #6
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Re: Some important game set up polls closed with out definite resolution.
Quote:
Originally posted by Moral Hazard
Number of terms in a row allowed.
This one is kind of low priority since we won't need it for a while. Results not totally clear I think it specifies that term limits be imposed at three terms.
Didn't unlimited terms win by a landslide, or am I just visually impaired?
Old June 15, 2002, 01:12   #7
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 02:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Re: Re: Some important game set up polls closed with out definite resolution.
Quote:
Originally posted by Trip

Yeah, I have to agree with trip...It did win in a landslide, I don't see why it's unresolved.
Old June 15, 2002, 03:14   #8
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

Local Time: 04:34
Re: Re: Some important game set up polls closed with out definite resolution.
Quote:
Originally posted by Trip

Not if you sum up all votes for having it limited.
Old June 15, 2002, 03:22   #9
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

Landmass is either Random, Continents 70% or Continents 60%

Barbarians either Roaming, Restless or Raging.

About the Limits it's either No limit of three terms limit.

I think a repoll on these options should do the trick. (Oh, well, maybe not for Barbarians and Worldsize, but for random, it should need +50% of the votes to go)

Oh, and the biggest problem would to get enough voters (75% of origanally (That's 51 voters on Barbarians; 39 voters on Landmass and 45 on the term length)) That's why a reasonable limit must be selected. What do you think of a timeline for repolls?
Old June 15, 2002, 03:37   #10
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 02:34
Re: Re: Re: Some important game set up polls closed with out definite resolution.
Quote:
Originally posted by Gramphos

Not if you sum up all votes for having it limited.
However, I thought the people have already agreed: The option that gets the most votes wins.

Each of the limited votes represents a different option, and should be treated as such.

But, that's just my opinion. I shall sit back and wait for this issue to clear itself up
Old June 15, 2002, 05:12   #11
Gramphos
staff
Technical Director

It's actually not that easy. A rerun would be better, if we had the time.

when there is only one unlimited option, and many limited, the unlimited almost always wins.

Random would have won every setup polls (civs and climate...) except barbaraians if the number of poll options had been enough to fit all combinations in one poll.
Old June 15, 2002, 06:02   #12
Moral Hazard
King

Well If we want repolls they should be started today. I'm fine with emperor and roaming myself especially considering we had a vote to decide the winner and plurality won by a plurality. We already have 30 voters on the landmass run off.

Last edited by Moral Hazard; June 15, 2002 at 06:12.
Old June 15, 2002, 08:14   #13
Gramphos
staff
Technical Director

The problerm with a trunoff on barbarians is that it probably would give almost the same result again, unless it can be redused to two options.
Old June 15, 2002, 08:15   #14
Gramphos
staff
Technical Director

Oh, and the number of terms thing can be decided during this term (we have a minimum of three terms left for that.)