Local Time: 21:35
Local Date: October 31, 2010
weird. I'll look into it sometime
Old August 15, 2002, 04:53   #392
OneFootInTheGrave
King

Local Time: 02:35
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Somehow this is a possible weakness - it is by far the easiest to go trough a few outlaw strongholds and you will make enough money to train one skill at least to 50%. If there was no training than the game would be much harder. Even though it speeds up your progress, which is the goal anyway I guess.

I think there is someone in Balmora mages guild offering enchant training.

Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good.
Old August 15, 2002, 09:05   #393
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 22:35
Already talked to her, but she can only train your enchant skill up to about fifty or so. I'm looking for somebody to train it up to eighty or even a hundred, but people like that are few and far between.
Old August 15, 2002, 09:34   #394
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Where to find all the trainers who can raise skills up to 100:
http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/dosw...d_trainers.txt
Old August 15, 2002, 15:13   #395
OneFootInTheGrave
King

Quote:
Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
Where to find all the trainers who can raise skills up to 100:
http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/dosw...d_trainers.txt
I'll resist for now

Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good.
Old August 16, 2002, 19:06   #396
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

Can't be bothered to check the thread (and anyway, it seems heavy with spoilers in the last few pages), so I'll just ask regardless of whether it's been asked before.

How do I do the Puzzle Canal? I've figured that, except for level three, the outer bits only join to other in weird ways. Level three, i've figured I need to get behind the smoky thing in the centre (thank god for the levitating shrine), but don't understand the clue on the shrine opposite it. Help?
"They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara
Old August 16, 2002, 20:28   #397
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Jump in the water and drown yourself until you've only got one or two health points left. When you've done this, a bridge will extend, the barrier will disappear, and you'll get all of your health back.
Old August 17, 2002, 05:09   #398
OneFootInTheGrave
King

Quote:
Originally posted by loinburger
Jump in the water and drown yourself until you've only got one or two health points left. When you've done this, a bridge will extend, the barrier will disappear, and you'll get all of your health back.
And how was one supposed to find this himself???

Anyway another question... do we need ordinators in the game?

I feel some urge to go to Vivec and get the world of Morrowind rid of evil ordinators?

Does this have any adverse effects on the game? I feel like making a crusade now ... since I am their official enemy now.

Old August 17, 2002, 10:13   #399
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave
And how was one supposed to find this himself???
The clue was "breathe the waters of glory" or something. So I tried a water breathing spell, which didn't work, which only left drowning myself.

Quote:
I feel some urge to go to Vivec and get the world of Morrowind rid of evil ordinators?

Does this have any adverse effects on the game? I feel like making a crusade now ... since I am their official enemy now.
You don't need the ordinators in order to complete any tasks, but the priests at the High Fane (who you do need to complete the quest) won't like you if you start killing ordinators, and may make you atone or something before they'll talk to you.
Old August 17, 2002, 16:23   #400
OneFootInTheGrave
King

Ok

what is atonement - don't forget that these guys attack me first, I just need to talk to them

Sooo not too bad (as I found some dead ordinator before, and took its armor) So they all want to kill me because of it.

Just what was this atonement? If it is doable - why not.

Old August 17, 2002, 17:59   #401
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave
Just what was this atonement? If it is doable - why not.
Depends on where you are in the game. If they're all pissed at you because you're the Nevarine, then you've got to finish up your Nevarine quests and talk to Vivec before they'll leave you alone. If they're all pissed at you because you have a bounty on your head, then you either need to pay a fine to a guard to get the bounty off (cast "calm humanoid" spells so that they'll stop attacking you long enough for you to pay your fine, or else go to another town where you're not KOS yet and pay your fine there), or else you need to acquire some Writs from the Morag Tong and present them to a guard, or else if you're a Thieve's Guild member you need to talk to a thief about having your fine removed.

If the priests won't talk to you because you killed so many Ordinators (and hence they won't let you see Vivec), then I don't know what you can do.
Old August 18, 2002, 07:13   #402
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

Heh - me silly. Don't want to download an 8Mb patch all in one chunk? Simlple answer - Kazaa it off someone. It only has an hour to go now.

Incidentally - is Kazaa a verb? I know Google is, but Kazaa I'm not sure about.
Old August 18, 2002, 15:39   #403
Zkribbler
Deity

Local Time: 19:35
There is no noun which cannot be verbed.
Old August 18, 2002, 15:53   #404
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

A perfect example.

Ok, so where were the hoards of choice treasures in the Puzzle Canal promised to me by the Pilgrim's Path? Huh?
Old August 18, 2002, 18:00   #405
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Your guess is as good as mine. All I found was a lot of water.
Old August 19, 2002, 00:47   #406
ravagon
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 10:35
There's (yet another ) mod that expands on this, putting in more daedra and items at the end (of level 5? - I haven't gotten to it yet).

Botheration. Small spoiler wanted...
Just got the Azura quest to wipe out some daedra on some island near Dagon Fel. Problem is that she didn't actually say which one (or if she did it didn't go into my journal). I made it to the one with the big (named) shrine and found a horde of cultist-types scrapping with ordinators. None of whom seemed to know anything about some woman I'm supposed to avoid eliminating.
Am I on the wrong island? There seem to be a dozen or more to choose from (and my clunky system allows me to explore maybe one and a bit each night, heh ) ...
Old August 19, 2002, 08:52   #407
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

You're on the wrong island, (one which you'll need to return to later, though). The island you want is northwest of Dagon Fel, just north of the middle of the main island. It doesn't have a shrine, just a shack. (It's marked on the world map that came with the game.) You'll know it when you get there because there are over half a dozen Daedra scattered around it. Whatever you do, don't go in the shack! Make sure you loot all the bodies of the dead Daedra before going back to Azura.
Old August 19, 2002, 14:15   #408
Eroberer
King

Local Time: 21:35
Hey, how do I get that quest to get Azura's star? I've been to that temple in the moutains that only opens at a specific time, but I got no option to ask for a quest. Where is it?
Old August 19, 2002, 15:16   #409
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

You get the quest at the Shrine of Azura (or maybe it's Azura's Shrine), which is under a massive statue of Azura at the southeastern tip of the main island. It ought to be marked on the map that came with the game, also.
Old August 19, 2002, 16:19   #410
OneFootInTheGrave
King

Well I don't get the bounty up, as all these fookers attack me first.

And furthermore, I did a lovely amulet which kills all the ordinators in 50 ft

it is fun watching them fall to take them out of the misery ..

Anyway, I am trully tempted to do that hack, and give those traders lots of money as it is a hassle to build u pt money only to have a few spells cast. At least in Balmore I can than trade some of the armor to get the money back, but still I have to build up the money first which is a pain.

I am tempted.... trully now.

And what does that recall spell do?

Old August 19, 2002, 16:32   #411
November Adam
Prince

If you cast a mark spell, the recall spell will take you back to the spot you cast the mark spell.

Mine is cast infront of Creeper.
Old August 19, 2002, 19:13   #412
OneFootInTheGrave
King

OOOOO,

so whenever you recall you get infront of creeper?

Wicked....

And what about load, does it take you even if you are overloaded?

I have to do this.

Old August 19, 2002, 19:38   #413
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

Oh yes, it most certainly does. I'm planning on marking creeper too - I have a large stack of stuff in Gnisis that was weighing me down, sitting on the ground next to where my Divine Intervention took me...
Old August 20, 2002, 05:03   #414
OneFootInTheGrave
King

Ok two more questions.

1. Who can sell me a mark spell
2. How do I make this creeper with money? Actually I changed his attributes -I have upped him to 500k gold only (and gave him th ability to buy it all) in the construction set, and a new .esp file was created, but when I load the game, Creeper is still the old one.

I know I could probably read it somewhere, but I just thought asking you guys is the easier way around it

Old August 20, 2002, 09:09   #415
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

1. I forget, check around Mage's guilds I spose. It's a pretty common spell.
2. When the first game screen comes up, before you actually load the game, click on "options" (or maybe "data" or something). A list of plugins will come up--check the plugin(s) that you want loaded with your game.
Old August 20, 2002, 14:28   #416
OneFootInTheGrave
King

Thanks

asa for 1. I went around all four, but I am just an apprentice in Mages Guild so some of the guys wont trade. I guess I will have to search a bit harder, actually I am at the point in the game where I want to push it all to the limits and that is why I need the money, and ordinators armor will provide hundreds of thousands quickly... they are like a gold mine (and annoying too which gives me the encouragement to root them out)

So Mark spell is all I need now.

Old August 20, 2002, 14:56   #417
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Check around Sadrith Mora also, there are a ton of freelance sorcerors who'll sell to you as long as your Mage's Guild faction isn't too high (which it won't be if you're only an apprentice). I'd be suprised if at least one of them didn't have the spell you need.
Old August 20, 2002, 15:37   #418
November Adam
Prince

what about the Telvanni? THey might have it as well.
Old August 20, 2002, 15:47   #419
OneFootInTheGrave
King

Quote:
Originally posted by loinburger
Check around Sadrith Mora also, there are a ton of freelance sorcerors who'll sell to you as long as your Mage's Guild faction isn't too high (which it won't be if you're only an apprentice). I'd be suprised if at least one of them didn't have the spell you need.
That is probably the way to go. Thanks

Soon time to go home and do some damage

Old August 20, 2002, 15:49   #420
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Almost certainly, but it's a real pain in the butt to travel around Telvanni cities with fast travel, whereas the Mage's Guilds are all linked with teleporters. But, if he's not able to find the spell from freelancers in Sadrith Mora, then his last resort is probably going to be the Telvanni. (Temples usually don't sell Mark and Recall, instead selling Divine or Alsimvi Intervention.)