Old July 2, 2002, 14:34   #151
November Adam
Prince

Local Time: 19:34
Local Date: October 31, 2010
to bad they patched that glitch.

My biggest peeve is that you can't store items in a chest, without it becoming the possesion of whom ever's building it is. Example, the foot lockers in Fort Darius, now I'm a member of the legion, so I thought I could store my stuff in the lockers and take them out. Well the guards who where in the room thought otherwise, so they decide to attack me. Now I don't like being attacked for such a stupid reason. So I killed those guys, then had all of the other guards in the Fort attack me. So I killed them, then went on a rampage. I then went to Caldera, and was mass attacked by the Legionairs there. I couldn't stand up to the onslaught of 10 heavily armed guards. They hacked my armor to pieces, with me as well. But I managed to kill 7 of them before falling to their attacks.

Fortunately I saved the game just before storing my items (several ebony items, as well as glass ones), in the footlocker, just in case this happened.

Sidenote-- any one have any luck finding an item that will hold more than 120 enchant points? I have been able to enchant an equisite ring with 4 bound spells on constant -- bound gloves, bound longsword, bound longbow, bound spear.

This way I can switch between these weapons and gain the benefit of having an increased skill with each of these weapons as I equip them.

These four spells used up 100, or 110 enchant points.
Old July 2, 2002, 23:01   #152
Tuberski

Local Time: 21:34
I haven't yet tried to enchant anything, I have a golden saint and a dremora ready to go, I just seem to spend a lot of time in the hinterlands and not being in town.

Of course, before that I spent a lot of time exploring Vivec, so I was sick of towns for a while.
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old July 4, 2002, 05:08   #153
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 02:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Anyone tried any of the 'plugins' that seem to be available - there are several official BethSoft ones and a host of fan provided ones - they look quite interesting -- I thought I'd make sure my game was completely up-to-date before starting and found the official ones and there are links in the BethSoft pages to the fan ones...

By the bye a popular 'plugin' is a house/villa/cache/stronghold for the storage of all your spoils ...

SG[1]
Old July 4, 2002, 10:46   #154
November Adam
Prince

Local Time: 19:34
I should write an email for them to release one for the X-Box. Man I could use a storage house, I guess I could knock off a guy in his house and take it over, but I don't want to do that.

Hey if you progress through the legion, can you retire and get a house?
Old July 4, 2002, 17:46   #155
Tuberski

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse Gits
Anyone tried any of the 'plugins' that seem to be available - there are several official BethSoft ones and a host of fan provided ones - they look quite interesting -- I thought I'd make sure my game was completely up-to-date before starting and found the official ones and there are links in the BethSoft pages to the fan ones...

By the bye a popular 'plugin' is a house/villa/cache/stronghold for the storage of all your spoils ...

SG[1]
I use the one that puts town names on the signposts so you don't have to highlight them to read them.

And a couple of fix plugins.
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old July 5, 2002, 14:17   #156
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 22:34
Quote:
Originally posted by Eroberer
It's a great game, Anun. It's a very long and deep game, and I recommend it. The entire Elder Scrolls series is highly praised.
The only thing I am worried about is the system requirements. I am running a Celeron 850 w/128 of ram, but I have a good video card (some might even say overkill for my system... well ok, I say its overkill for my system ).

I hear that MW needs an above average system to run smoothly, and there's no way I am running a game in 800x600.
Old July 5, 2002, 15:31   #157
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Despair not Anunikoba ...

My system is based around an 800MHz Athlon and MW ran adequately if you disallow the first 10 seconds or so after a scene change when it stuttered a little - this in 1024x768, but then ...

I upgraded to 1.1. (0625) I may have the build number wrong - a very long dl from the official site, copied the Video directory from the CD to my HDD and applied the appropriate NoCD crack from gamecopyworld which replaced a sluggish 6Meg executable with a sleek 3Meg substitute that runs like a greyhound -- it seems that the CD copy protection insists on running an on-the-fly encrypt - decrypt on all data thus crippling the games performance.

And before anyone asks - yes I paid top-dollar fo a fully authentic copy of the game (receipt available for inspection on request!) so I don't consider my actions in the slightest way reprehensible...

SG[1]
Old July 5, 2002, 15:43   #158
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

Local Time: 20:34
hmm

I am playing this game

right now I should have just completed this quest, but the girl stopped following me

I was suppose to take here to some field (she is a drummer) and I almost got to the field (I can see it from where I am) and she stopped moving at all

it is really annoying (of course I cannot remember what I will get if I complete it, but hey, I am a nice guy)

Jon Miller
Old July 5, 2002, 15:49   #159
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

I should say

I am playing as an a character whose goal is to kill all magic users

I thought it would be funny

Jon Miller
Old July 5, 2002, 16:41   #160
Tuberski

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Miller
hmm

I am playing this game

right now I should have just completed this quest, but the girl stopped following me

I was suppose to take here to some field (she is a drummer) and I almost got to the field (I can see it from where I am) and she stopped moving at all

it is really annoying (of course I cannot remember what I will get if I complete it, but hey, I am a nice guy)

Jon Miller

That is the most annoying part of the game, if you run they can't keep up and will just stop. So you have to walk or keep going back to fetch them.

With the patch they DO run and seem to keep up a little better.
Old July 5, 2002, 16:46   #161
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

no I go back and I don't run, she just won't move another step

Jon miller
Old July 5, 2002, 19:16   #162
Tuberski

Well, that does suck. kill her.
Old July 5, 2002, 20:00   #163
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

nah

I think I will leave her forever in sight of her destination (where she is now)

Jon Miller
Old July 6, 2002, 19:40   #164
JohnIII
Warlord

I remember her. Just kill her.

In other new, I maxed out my Hlaalu Stronghold. I love the fact that it comes with all the Ebony weaponry .

Re: chests, before I got my stronghold I was using the room just inside the Ald-ruhn Fighters Guild as my 'home'. It was really irritating, because if I forgot to close the door I got expelled.

Re: the main quest. Just do it! You get some really cool **** from doing the main quest, and people like you more.

Other quests that are massively beneficial are the Legion quests. One of those nets you the Masque of Clavicus Vile, which in addition to being a might Heavy Helmet has a constant effect of +30 Personality. The final 'quest', where you become Knight Dragon, gets you Chrysamere, a bloody amazing two-handed sword, and the Lord's Mail, a decent bit of Legion armour (for once...most of their stuff is awful).

Raid Daedric Shrines as much as you can. Once you get past level 10 you should be able to clean most of them out, which means you find Golden Saints (Soultrap AND they have Daedric weapons), Daedric Shrine quests, and lots of Orcish armour.
Old July 6, 2002, 23:22   #165
Eroberer
King

Good advice. The main quest is actually incredibly fun, too.

Also, here's a list of items that simply must be possessed at all times:

1) Boots of Blinding Speed (and the supplimental spell or enchanted item that casts resist magika once or more)

2) Constant Effect Levitation Ring (can get +8 Levitate on an exquisite ring)

3) Constant Effect Fortify Strength (cuts down on trips back to loot)

Anything else I should look into? I also have a helm (Redoran Master's, though I'm not in that House) with about 20pt Night-Eye constant effect, that after a few hours of play I can officially say is necessary (with the boots of blinding speed).
Old July 7, 2002, 00:48   #166
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

I love watching the clouds move across the night sky

Jon Miller
Old July 7, 2002, 06:51   #167
JohnIII
Warlord

Quote:
1) Boots of Blinding Speed (and the supplimental spell or enchanted item that casts resist magika once or more)
Why? I've never run (hehe) into trouble without them, and that would require having a constant effect resist Magicka to be useful. What's their armour rating?

Quote:
2) Constant Effect Levitation Ring (can get +8 Levitate on an exquisite ring)
Again, why? I have a Steel Blade of Heaven (there are a few of them around) that I use when needed, and you can't rest while levitating. Having said that, levitate is very useful for getting around Vivec.

Quote:
3) Constant Effect Fortify Strength (cuts down on trips back to loot)
Well, yeah, but an Amulet of Divine/Almsivi Intervention and a Feather spell can do that anyway. Having said that, I'm going around with constant +20 strength, so...

Quote:
Anything else I should look into? I also have a helm (Redoran Master's, though I'm not in that House) with about 20pt Night-Eye constant effect, that after a few hours of play I can officially say is necessary (with the boots of blinding speed).
You can get Belts of Sanguine [whatever] that are constant effect Fortify Block/Marksman/Axe/Long Blade/etc. that are very useful. My favourite is my custom-made Guardian Amulet, constant +10 shield on self.

Also, enchant your freakin' weaponry. An Ebony Broadsword can easily hold 20 fire damage on target, 10 restore health on self, cast when strikes.

One more tip, folks: once the game is patched, Indoril armour (the stuff the Ordinators wear) is top-notch Medium armour (before the patch it alternates between Medium and Heavy). However, if you EVER gets seen wearing the helm or cuirass by and Ordinator, you are on EVERY Ordinator's ****-list, forever. So I am.

I believe there are almost full sets of glass and Indoril armour in Ghostgate (you have to go there for some missions, and to do one of the pilgrimages). Speaking of which, join both the Temple and the Cult and boost your rank so you can use their shrines for free. The Cult also give you some nice artifacts.
Old July 7, 2002, 11:12   #168
Eroberer
King

JohnIII, the boots and levitate are both to get around quickly. You can go anywhere as the crow flys, which is helpful for both speed, and finding stuff.

There is a particular "bug" that allows one to cast a resist magika effect once and put on the boots, and the resist magika effect lasts for as long as you have on the boots. I have an enchanted pair of pants with 100% resist magika for 5 seconds, which is more than long enough to put on the boots. They're also the only boots that I ever need now, since I no longer carry around a pair of spare indoril boots.

The boots do leave a bit of black, which is why I have the night-eye enchanted helm.
Old July 7, 2002, 11:27   #169
JohnIII
Warlord

So it's a cheat, really?

I agree, levitating is useful. But it's not useful enough to waste money on enchanting it.
Old July 7, 2002, 13:57   #170
Eroberer
King

I somehow doubt that it's actually a cheat. It didn't get fixed in the patch, and I'm sure the developers didn't want you to run around very slowly for the whole game.

The Enchanting for the levitation ring only took about 40k, which is easily gotten for a couple full suits of indoril armor from thouse Ordinators who keep attacking you. =P
Old July 8, 2002, 03:00   #171
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 22:34
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse Gits
Despair not Anunikoba ...

My system is based around an 800MHz Athlon and MW ran adequately if you disallow the first 10 seconds or so after a scene change when it stuttered a little - this in 1024x768, but then ...

I upgraded to 1.1. (0625) I may have the build number wrong - a very long dl from the official site, copied the Video directory from the CD to my HDD and applied the appropriate NoCD crack from gamecopyworld which replaced a sluggish 6Meg executable with a sleek 3Meg substitute that runs like a greyhound -- it seems that the CD copy protection insists on running an on-the-fly encrypt - decrypt on all data thus crippling the games performance.

And before anyone asks - yes I paid top-dollar fo a fully authentic copy of the game (receipt available for inspection on request!) so I don't consider my actions in the slightest way reprehensible...

SG[1]
Thanx. And the reason I re-quoted the whole thing is to emphasize just how stupid and crippling modern copy protections can be.
Old July 8, 2002, 09:22   #172
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

I would enchant, but I can't get much money at all. Any tips? I'm trying to stay entirely lawful (well, not pick up a bounty anyway. I'm happy to steal from unattended crates and stuff )
"They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara
Old July 8, 2002, 10:20   #173
JohnIII
Warlord

Well, there are several ways of doing this. Hunt smugglers--they are all over the west coast. Hunt Daedra-worshippers. Do quests for your various factions.

Selling stuff is a problem. I eventually cracked because, well, it's just stupid not to have anybody with more than 5000 gold and yet practically give the player items that are worth more. So I added one of those plug-ins that inserts a trader with about 100000 gold somewhere.

I had to kill him, because I found Chrysamere before I was supposed to and sold it to him, and then he equipped it, but it was much easier than going to Creeper and waiting for days.
Old July 8, 2002, 16:40   #174
Eroberer
King

JohnIII, just edit the Creeper in the TES. I did that, and now he has 999k (and will buy everything, basically).

Chowlett, you can raid the Great House vaults in Vivec. I can give you details if you wanna hear about it. That's a relatively easy 600k or so. I can also tell you more spoilers if you want.

Btw, I just got a 180k weapon. =) I won't spoil anyone's game by telling them what it was and how I got it though.
Old July 8, 2002, 16:50   #175
JohnIII
Warlord

Quote:
JohnIII, just edit the Creeper in the TES. I did that, and now he has 999k (and will buy everything, basically).
Again, I'd consider that a cheat, because Creeper pays full price, making it pointless to bother with Mercantile.
Old July 9, 2002, 14:34   #176
Eroberer
King

I really only made him buy everything just to see if it'd work. =) I won't do it that way when I reinstall the game in a bit, but I will give him more money 'cus I really don't want to wait around for forever (obviously an exploit anyway).

The other thing is that basically all of my money comes from high priced weapons and jewls, and you can sell jewels for a high price to Ajira in the Mages Guild, because you do so many quests for her that she likes you 100/100.

I urge everyone to modify Creeper's monetary value, to avoid looking retarded standing around the orcs mansion for weeks at a time.

Edit: Btw, there is a certain merchant with 10,000gp, who sells for full price, too. =P
Old July 9, 2002, 16:31   #177
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

Oh yeah - and where can I find mages able to sell Resist Magika and Cure spells - preferably Paralysation?
"They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara
Old July 10, 2002, 01:11   #178
ravagon
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 10:34
Crikey. Before reading through all of this stuff I was actually rather proud of myself for taking out a few crabs and a rat (who I'm pretty certain was actually a miniature giant space rat in disguise ) around Scyda Something and Pelagiad.

I guess I have a bit of a way to go yet.

Does that copy cracker really improve performance that much? My clunky 450MHz needs all the help it can get.
Old July 10, 2002, 06:53   #179
Scouse Gits
lifer
Emperor

Help...

Am I being incredibly stupid?

How do I hire a room (in Seyda Neen or whatever - the first town) when i ask about Services I am told that I can get food and room from the tradehouse, but once there I can find no indication as to how to do this - my character doesn't like sleeping rough

SG[1]
Old July 10, 2002, 09:13   #180
Qilue
King

Local Time: 12:34
There is a place to sleep in Seyen Noon (or however it's spelt). In the census office in that bottom room where the barrels are is a bedroll. You can sleep there for free.