View Poll Results: Should this board/commision be created?
Yes, we need a place for Eli, Timeline, and Punkbass to talk about Bananas 19 70.37%
Nope, we don't need this board, burn it to the ground! 4 14.81%
Bananas are tasty if prepared properly. 4 14.81%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 14, 2002, 13:31   #1
Timeline
King

Local Time: 21:35
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Official: Proposal to found the "Board of Territoritial Development and Expansion"
This thread has been made to facilitate the creation of the “Board of Territorial Development and Expansion”. This board (with dedicated thread) shall pretty much be the center of city and land development.

Board Members:

City Planner: Punkbass
Public Works Minister: Eli
Imperial Expansion: Timeline

Required observers: President Trip or Vice President Space05us

Purpose: To serve as a center of communication between these interlinked positions. Members can debate, hammer out details, and present a united front to the president on our course of action. When there is a disputed issue that may effect expansion and development, there can be a vote between the three members or a compromise. Having one dedicated thread for this specific area of discussion is superior to having arguments scattered about our massive forum. And also, it will give citizens and officials a specific place to go to address city and expansion needs.

Eli, Punkbass, let’s have a vote on weather to create this board. Also, out of my pledge to listen to the people, I have attached a poll to see how everyone els feels. Comments are welcomed by all.

Ministers: Please post your vote here. I, of course vote yes.

Last edited by Timeline; June 14, 2002 at 19:16.
Old June 14, 2002, 15:07   #2
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 20:35
i don't see why not...doesnt have to be official, but if they want they can make a thread where they discuss stuff as teh board...

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old June 14, 2002, 15:09   #3
Timeline
King

Yes, it is just a glorified version of a thread

But more important, i need their approval first....
Old June 14, 2002, 15:17   #4
punkbass2000
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameApolyton UniversityCivilization III PBEM
King

Local Time: 22:35
I haven't won yet, you know.
Old June 14, 2002, 15:40   #5
Timeline
King

Quote:
Originally posted by punkbass2000
Hey, niether have I but you don't see that stopping me .

Sir Ralph is more than welcome to cast an official vote here too and express his thoughts as well if he likes
Old June 14, 2002, 16:45   #6
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

if you need a supervisor, make it the VP not the Prez... the VP needs some more work
Old June 14, 2002, 16:55   #7
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 05:35
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by civman2000
i don't see why not...doesnt have to be official, but if they want they can make a thread where they discuss stuff as teh board...
I agree.

A simple thread to coordinate moves will do.
Old June 14, 2002, 17:34   #8
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 03:35
Quote:
Originally posted by punkbass2000
I love that feeling, getting closer and closer, over 40% actually. Never lose faith. How do you feel?

Timeline: thanks
Old June 14, 2002, 18:48   #9
Trevman
Warlord

Local Time: 18:35
Sounds like too much bureaucracy to me.
If you don't feel the slightist bit joyful seeing the Iraqis dancing in the street, then you are lost to the radical left. If you don't feel the slightest bit bad that we had to use force to do this, then you are lost to the radical right.
Old June 14, 2002, 18:57   #10
Timeline
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Trevman
Sounds like too much bureaucracy to me.
Bureaucracy is better than Anarchy. Which is exactly what we will have if every minister does what he wants to do.

This Commission/Council/Board Will ensure active communication between these Ministers, and will help things to get done more coherently.
Old June 14, 2002, 20:37   #11
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 04:35
I voted yes.
Ministers need to discuss their ideas and their priorities. Only when disagreements between people are clear, these disagreements can be worked on. Dialogue among the ministers is the best way to ensure our everlasting greatness.
Go the Board !
Old June 14, 2002, 23:05   #12
Space05us
King

Local Time: 14:35
not that I don't think it's a good idea, but it's not neccesary as you can go into the chat, talk, and PM your list of wants to the prez.
Old June 14, 2002, 23:20   #13
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

I say it's a good idea. Like civman said, it doesn't really have to be official, but some organization and cohesion between the Infrastructure Ministers would be very helpful in forming a cohesive plan on how to address the running of cities and infrastructure.
Old June 14, 2002, 23:23   #14
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

i think there has to be cohesion all around though, i mean i'm going to need cities and roads to make war now aren't i?

or i can work completely against the other ministers, ranting loudly about how we need to build only military units. whichever way you want it.
Old June 14, 2002, 23:26   #15
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta

Yes, but when you're talking the building and management of our infrastructure, an especially important task throughout the entire game, cooperation and a plan are more necassary than anything else. Sure, you can ask to build a road to the front, but what if the Minister of Public Works starts building roads/irrigation in one area, but then the Minister of Imperial Expansion decides to build a new city somewhere else? That may sound stupid, but things like that actually have to be discussed... things don't just happen.
Old June 14, 2002, 23:56   #16
Timeline
King

Good points Trip.

Also UberKux, if you need a fort or a road built, or some military units, you take it before the CTED (Council of Territorial Expansion and Development) and then Eli, Punkbass, and myself put it in the timetable and organize a way to make it happen. (if deemed prudent)
Old June 15, 2002, 12:18   #17
Timeline
King

Bump- I think this poll should continue for one more day so we can get the people's thoughts.

Monday I propose we form the CTED council, and appoint its official members.

Cheers
Old June 15, 2002, 13:18   #18
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

go ahead. talking to one GROUP of people would be easier for the rest of us i suppose. just dont go all OPEC on us, ie:

"we refuse to build you military units until we build 20 more workers", i swaer i'll pillage our own roads if i have to...
Old June 15, 2002, 13:43   #19
Jon Shafer

Quote:
Originally posted by UberKruX
go ahead. talking to one GROUP of people would be easier for the rest of us i suppose. just dont go all OPEC on us, ie:

"we refuse to build you military units until we build 20 more workers", i swaer i'll pillage our own roads if i have to...
Rofl!
I'd have to agree on this one. I'm sure Uber and I could get quite a crowd going for impeachment.