Old June 18, 2002, 05:35   #31
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 03:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Timeline: I disagree vehemently. Don't build cities in the jungle now! I would build a 2nd city with the free settler a bit NW of Apolyton, where the jungles begin (3-4 tiles away), use both cities to build first warriors, then settlers, and meanwhile explore and search a better site. The free palace jump can be our saver with that piss poor start.
Old June 18, 2002, 06:05   #32
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 20:42
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I'm chomping M&Ms panag. They will not forsake us.

Sir Ralph has a point, the only thing being... it delays the building of the new capitol on the other side of the banana expanse. If the swamp is narrow, OK. If the swamp is broad, we end up with 2 corrupt cities.

Flip a coin Ralph. Do you feel lucky?
Old June 18, 2002, 06:34   #33
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 14:42
We must aim to make ourselves successful - we will not be so with so many jungle cities right now. Even I, with little Civ3 play experience realize that.

Either we make it across the jungle and refound our nation, or we are destined to be discovered by future archaeologists, questing for knowledge of those early civilizations that didn't quite make it.

Let us ensure this does not happen.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old June 18, 2002, 06:49   #34
Timeline
King

Local Time: 21:42
"Noooooooooooo!

Initial cities in the middle of a jungle? Arrrrgggghhh!"

LOL, you make it sound like I gave us this starting spot. I am simply trying to make the best of our situation and esses how large this expanse is.

Notice, it just says TARGET area.......who knows what we may find a little father north? Also don't forget, we are industrialist and our city would be built right on a river. With 3 workers on Banana slashing duty this city will be first class in 13 turns or less.

See that warrior to the left? He is going to explore NWW and hopefully we will find better target areas for our next settler, or find an end to the Natylopa in the north. A second warrior will be along in 2 turns which will explore north. Our top priority is finding out how big this looming jungle is.

The river is a sign to settle, and like i said, with 3 workers we should easily be able to clear out a small usable area.

If there are expanses of grassland on the other side I am going to establish cities there (duh) rather than build in the jungle. I know how dangerous the jungle is .

I will talk to punkbass about what he thinks about disbanding our capital and making another one, but I don't think it's the best idea, depending on what we find up north.

Ralph: We are not turning back. The people have already decided to move forward, and like I said, who knows what we may find at target area 1? If we find a grasland spot at the end of the river, I am settling next to it, no questions asked. I am not going to waste our free settler on a city 2-3 tiles away, that's still in the jungle, and that may be disbanded anyway

I agree with Nye for the most part, we gotta get out of this jungle, and explore more north and west. If we find super-duper land way north, then I can see the possibility of refounding our nation. But if we find good land immediantly north, I think we should keep Aplyton where it is, and not disband it.

You can bet Barbarians are gonna be along shortly too

What a mess.

Last edited by Timeline; June 18, 2002 at 06:54.
Old June 18, 2002, 07:01   #35
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Good thinking Timeline, however if that Jungle continues as it seems to do from the tile borders visible in the screen shots, everything on the productive side will be mostly useless due to corruption due to distance unless we jump the Palace ASAP.

If there is coast there, ...

we're screwed anyway.
Old June 18, 2002, 07:10   #36
Timeline
King

If there is a.......vast.......open.......prosperous.....grass land/plain area (crosses fingers), then, like i said, I will discuss with Punkbass and Mr. President the option of ditching Apolyton.

These are truly dark days........

Lot's of decisions...many many many....I didn't think IE minister would get so much action
Old June 18, 2002, 07:13   #37
notyoueither
Deity

You the man.
Old June 18, 2002, 07:13   #38
Timeline
King

UderKrux where are you???

Are you going to explore to the west or move Mr. Tough north to protect me?
Old June 18, 2002, 07:21   #39
The Viceroy
Prince

I would not put workers on auto yet.. especially not jungle clear auto, there is plenty of space for apolyton for now.

Send workers to clear from the river area.. + if we start a city NW of Apolyton, around there ..

Of course, all that depends on what the warriors find .. but if its more jungle .. I would stick with that .
Old June 18, 2002, 07:32   #40
Timeline
King

Quote:
Originally posted by The Viceroy
I would not put workers on auto yet.. especially not jungle clear auto, there is plenty of space for apolyton for now.

Send workers to clear from the river area.. + if we start a city NW of Apolyton, around there ..
Did someone talk about auto? I don't think Eli would approve of an AI controling his second-class citizens.

Yup, if more Jungle is what we find, then I suggest we pump out 2 workers instead of the settler and I will ask Eli to start handing out the machetes (except to Uber).

Punkbass disagrees thinking we should get another settler asap, but there is no sense in building more if there is no where we can use them.

Thank goodness we chose Egypt!!!
Old June 18, 2002, 08:31   #41
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 05:42
Let me know when/if you decide to build the second city near the river.

The current MOP plans dont take this option into account yet so I'll have to update them.
Old June 18, 2002, 08:44   #42
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 04:42
Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither

Sir Ralph has a point, the only thing being... it delays the building of the new capitol on the other side of the banana expanse. If the swamp is narrow, OK. If the swamp is broad, we end up with 2 corrupt cities.

hi ,

, rivers start normally near mountains or hill's , maybe we should stand on a hill or mountain , so we can see a bit further , .....

have a nice day
Old June 18, 2002, 09:08   #43
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither

If there is "another side", and not just a coast, or a desert, or vast plains, or a mountainous area, or, or, or. If we settle near the capital, we have for sure 2 good cities to build units meanwhile, and then 2 settlers to go to the "other side" guarded with warriors, or units to conquer another civ, if there is one. No need to flip a coin, at least for me.

But here seem to be a lot of coin-flippers and soothsayers. I heartly wish your exploring settlers gets not killed by a barbarian, for the sake of the game. And that he may find the Promised Land, if possible in the BCs.
Old June 18, 2002, 12:15   #44
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 04:42
Timeline :
I think you should make a poll with your plan. The poll will be the best way to know what the people want, rather than discussion in this thread.
Old June 18, 2002, 13:11   #45
Timeline
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor
Timeline :
I think you should make a poll with your plan. The poll will be the best way to know what the people want, rather than discussion in this thread.
I like to preceed polls with a discussion thread, helps hammer out details. My official plan has been posted here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...28#post1048778

So far is has backing by the president and PW minister, and a 100% approval rating.