General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 02:50
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
Hmmm,

I got a P2 350, 224 MB RAM, and a Voodoo3 with 16 MB VRam. I know my processor is slow, but you think it'll work? Or do I have to wait for my new laptop to play this as well?
The minimum processor requirements is a p2 450, I doubt that it would work very well at all for you - if at all.

Once I got into the city I started to experience a bit of slow down on my system.

Do It Ourselves
Old June 19, 2002, 17:38   #32
Pythagoras
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
King

Local Time: 21:50
Local Date: October 31, 2010
450! Im starting to feel that creeping feeling when game requirements begin to catch up with my computer .

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown
Old June 19, 2002, 18:13   #33
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Local Time: 22:50
Oooh, pooty. Hopefully they release a demo, so I can try .

Or else, I'll just wait until I get my laptop.
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old June 19, 2002, 18:29   #34
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 19:50
I have the game, but it doesn't work.

I have 3dfx Voodoo3. The game doesn't support that.

I'm screwed.
Old June 19, 2002, 18:32   #35
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Imran, I don't think that Voodoo 3 is going to work. I have a Voodoo 3 card. It no work . Mongo sad

I'll wait and see if someone can get a fix. But the game officially doesn't support 3dfx cards. It needs complete open GL.
Old June 19, 2002, 18:34   #36
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

No Voodoo 3s? What am I suppose to play over the summer? I guess I'll just have to settle on Icewind Dale 2.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old June 19, 2002, 18:52   #37
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Local Time: 20:50
You should ditch your V3s as soon as possible, seeing as there's no new driver support for them which are required for almost all new games (probably IWD2 as well?)
Old June 19, 2002, 18:59   #38
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

But I can't spare any money

Maybe after my trip...

IWD2 should be able to work with a V3. The basic engine hasn't changed.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old June 19, 2002, 19:45   #39
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Local Time: 20:50
The problem is usually with the fact that these new games use new versions of DirectX and OpenGL, and there's no drivers for your video card and those new DX/OpenGL versions.

But if they used the same engine as IWD1, then it should work...
Old June 19, 2002, 19:49   #40
Apocalypse
Emperor

Yeah, I know what the problem is with. This is why I can't get Mech4 or High Heat to work.
Old June 19, 2002, 20:59   #41
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Apocalypse
Yeah, I know what the problem is with. This is why I can't get Mech4 or High Heat to work.
I could run Mech Warrior 4 with out any problems when I had a voodoo3.

Do It Ourselves
Old June 19, 2002, 21:08   #42
Apocalypse
Emperor

Well on top of being old, my V3 craps out sometimes.
Old June 21, 2002, 08:43   #43
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

stupid double post.
Old June 21, 2002, 08:44   #44
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy
screenshots??
of the char. creation screen
some pics taken from IGN (yes, they're very big ... sorry):

Old June 21, 2002, 08:45   #45
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Old June 21, 2002, 08:46   #46
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Old June 23, 2002, 17:00   #47
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 05:50
ok, comp. specs. time .

I have a PIII 500 Mhz with 128MB RAM. and a RIVA TNT2 Model 64 32Mb Accelerator . will it work ?

s-shots look yumeee.
Old June 23, 2002, 17:13   #48
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Dalgetti
ok, comp. specs. time .

I have a PIII 500 Mhz with 128MB RAM. and a RIVA TNT2 Model 64 32Mb Accelerator . will it work ?

s-shots look yumeee.
That's almost the same as me, only I have a Geforce2 MX - It's runs pretty well for me on the lowest graphics settings, but I sometimes get a bit of lag/chopiness when the game uses new graphics or animations. but I'm having that problem with alot of games recently, so it could very well be a hardware problem of mine...

Do It Ourselves
Old June 23, 2002, 17:44   #49
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Osweld

but I'm having that problem with alot of games recently, so it could very well be a hardware problem of mine...
Could be the RAM. Same thing for me on newer games with my 128MB.
Old June 25, 2002, 01:46   #50
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

I'm not sure how to post screenshots or make them.

But I'm still early into chap 1.

I have a level 3 Cleric. He's human and neutral good.

I'll probably keep him single class. I like high level clerics.

There are a few rules that I disagree with. I suppose they thought mages would be underpowered if playing solo. So they extended monster summoning times to 24 hours!! huge unbalance. Sorcerers and bards can change their spells when they go up a level!!! Unbelievably cheesy .

So I'm a little disappointed they changed some rules to facilitate single player. The whole point is to party. So if you don't have a cleric. Tough sh!t.

The henchman seem to have some bugs in a party/multiplayer. nothing too serious.

And the camera angle is too low!! . but I'm starting to get used to it.

But the game is fun. I like it. It looks good. Plays fairly well with a few minor bugs for me (although many people have serious non-playable bugs).

All in all I will give it a thumbs up . but it needs work.
Old June 27, 2002, 08:31   #51
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 03:50
A few too many rules got bent or broken to please the purists but all in all I'm very impressed at this first attempt to produce a 3e game system.
Old June 27, 2002, 09:54   #52
dunk
Prince

So is the Single Palyer hack and slash or Ultima-esque?
Old June 27, 2002, 09:56   #53
dunk
Prince

The engine looks like Dungeon siege and the characters look like Pool of Radiance. From the screen shots.
Old June 28, 2002, 06:22   #54
Grumbold
Emperor

There's a lot of combat, make no mistake about that, but its controlled and measured fights, not the insane waves of critters you get in DS. There aren't 101 ways of solving a problem without fighting like in Fallout either. If you've played Baldurs Gate its about that standard.

Oh in my last post I forgot about Pools of Radiance being basically 3e. This is a version with better flow to it, but they've cut a few corners in the combat mechanics to do it. It makes it abusable if you let the munchkin brigade join your games.
Old June 28, 2002, 13:56   #55
Vesayen
King

I just beat it(moments ago) and alreadt started working on a module idea I have.
Old June 28, 2002, 15:27   #56
dunk
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Grumbold
There's a lot of combat, make no mistake about that, but its controlled and measured fights, not the insane waves of critters you get in DS. There aren't 101 ways of solving a problem without fighting like in Fallout either. If you've played Baldurs Gate its about that standard.

Oh in my last post I forgot about Pools of Radiance being basically 3e. This is a version with better flow to it, but they've cut a few corners in the combat mechanics to do it. It makes it abusable if you let the munchkin brigade join your games.
Lots of combat is fine. And I don't necessarily need 101 ways to solve problems without fighting either.

I guess what I was getting at was the world and story. How does the player fit into it? I've not played Baldur's Gate. Heard mixed thoughts on how immersive it is. I have played Icewind Dale, though, and thought, fun to kill the badees, but not much else to the game.

Munchkin Brigade?
Old July 3, 2002, 20:25   #57
Grumbold
Emperor

Completed the 1 player plot now. Its pretty good stuff in my opinion. There's a coherent plot and good reason for doing what you are asked to do. There are lots of sub-quests and several areas which are not required for the main plot. Its certainly much superior to Icewind Dale (as is Baldurs Gate 2, for that matter.)

You can find faults if you want to - for instance the monster AI is quite weak so challenge is provided by quantity more often than quality. Looting every crate in sight prompts no reaction from the guards or house owners normally. Your henchman can display fits of moronic stupidity. But all these are quibbles when you consider that the plot had me playing every available moment from start to finish with no desire to try and break the rules or run wild with the editor or anything. The beauty of it is that now the editor is in the hands of thousands of eager fans, versions will appear where all these things have been addressed and tons of new content pumped in as well.

Munchkin brigade: "roleplayers" for whom the fun is in becoming more powerful than the worlds gods, no matter how cheesy a tactic it takes. Testers have already shown that its possible to create an item that adds +10 to every stat, gives immunity to all damage, does extra damage of all types etc and can be marked as a "plot" item to get round server side item level checks .... The only way to stop this sort of abuse is to run a server that does not accept characters from external sources.
Old July 3, 2002, 22:15   #58
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

well I've been playing multiplayer (as I've stated in other threads), I'm not even close to being done.

There are enough dialogue options and story dialogue to give you the impression you are within the world. While the world is more bare than I would prefer, the story line is solid and interesting enough. So far as far as I've got into it, its not something silly like kill the bad guy. Although the first part involves finding creatures which isn't a whole lot better. But still the plot is solid enough for my tastes.

The dialogue options could use a little bit of work. I usually just click on all of them. They seem to have no response at all from the character. No risk of pissing them off for what I've seen. This is a weak point. Dialogue is definately not as deep as Fallout. But like I said there are enough options and enough backstories to immerse yourselve within the world of neverwinter.

Combat isn't really tough. In fact it seems easy, although a few of the boss monsters may prove a challenge. But I still find combat fun especially in multiplayer.

I kind of miss not being able to see the sky, but oh well. Not a real biggie I suppose. The terrain isn't as pretty as Dungeon Siege. But the water looks decent. Graphics aren't top notch, but they aren't bad.

One thing I'm noticing is I'm glad modules can be made. I just started a new druid. and running through the prelude again is kind of boring. I'm going to use him on modules (ones the let in outside chars). While the original campaign is interesting, I can't see myself playing it more than once or twice.
Old July 4, 2002, 19:08   #59
Shi Huangdi
Emperor

Are you allowed to PK (Kill other player's characters) in this game?

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand
Old July 4, 2002, 19:15   #60
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

you bet

not sure whether you want that or not.

It depends on the Pvp settings. They could use a little work. Because I want spells to damage party members. But I don't want people coming in and killing entire parties for no reason.