Old June 19, 2002, 23:03   #1
Timeline
King

Local Time: 21:54
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Special Announcement - Formation of Major Party
June 19, 2002
Greetings Apolytonians

It is my hope that you are enjoying your evening, or whatever time it may be in our respective areas around the globe. Tonight, several brave comrades have unanimously decided to announce the beginning of a new party that will finally respect the people, as the founding fathers of our great Democracy intended.

This group can no longer stand by and watch the Imperialist Party trample on our freedoms like pop corn at the movie theater. We feel that it is no longer healthy or beneficial for the Imperialist Party to continue unopposed, and their advantage of advancing unstopped by any other major party . . . ends today. We will not allow public society to be left without a voice, and we will forge a new presidential administration that respects the people, and values them for what we ALL are, human beings, equal, none better than another of his fellow man.

Furthermore, the citizens of our nation who acknowledge the benefits of peaceful empire building have been left without representation in our government by any major party. The Imperialists and other military fascists have pressured us with their warlike dogma long enough. It is time for a balanced view to shine forth, and bring a reasonable and levelheaded voice to or government.

Industrial expansion at home will always champion reckless domination and subjugation of other empires. We support giving ourselves breathing room when necessary, but acknowledge the superior concept of taking full advantage of what we have, here at home, rather than greedily pursuing things which can serve us no benefit. We believe in industrializing our cities, and investing in culture and science, these are the accomplishments that will shape us into a towering nation above all other civilizations of the world.

Founded on these basic, yet fundamental principles we shall establish our party. Staunch advocates and defenders of Democracy, we are determined to prove faithful to the people. As leaders, we will convey rational options and alternatives to the public, which will be based on the current issues and requirements of our nation at the time. Although we as a party favor positive internal expansion, we are pledged to obediently follow the people’s will with resolve and vigilance, whatever their will may be.

Yes my fellow patrons, truly this is what democracy is all about: having fun and working as a team. As a party and a nation, this is what we will do.

We are the Democratic Industrialists of Apolyton, a shining beacon of the people.

Signed,
Timeline
Spiffor
Ninot
Tassadar5000
Eli
civman2000
notyoueither ::supports these positive principles as a non-member of all parties::
Jonny
Guardian
Sheik
Trevman
Wojit ::with us in spirit::

Last edited by Timeline; June 22, 2002 at 00:55.
Old June 19, 2002, 23:09   #2
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Local Time: 22:54
sounds like a nice party. the hawks offer an olive branch, although we will inevitably clash in the future. anyway, what are your views on war and the military?
Old June 19, 2002, 23:16   #3
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 20:54
Balance is key.

We must make war when war is beneficial.

We must build when we have the opportunity.

We must be constituted so as to thwart tyranny.

Most of all, the people must be supreme!

I will support any who adhere to these principles.
Old June 19, 2002, 23:23   #4
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

June, 19, 2002 - An Offical Letter from the Leader of The Culture Party

I, Jonny, leader of The Culture Party, hereby officaly announce our merger with the Democratic Industrialists of Apolyton.

Both of our parties were created with similar ideas and both opposed the Imperialists. It would be in our best interests to join together to oppose them.

I hereby pledge my support to the fundamentals, ideals, and goals of the Democratic Industrialists of Apolyton.

***Jonny signs document.***
Old June 19, 2002, 23:23   #5
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

War is a tool, but not a propper way of life.

It is just like a hammer is good to use if you must hammer a nail, but it is innapropriate if you are trying to cook a meal.

But we must keep the toolbox around, fully stocked, just in case of something breaking of course. However, we should only open this toolbox when neccesary. To keep it open might mean the children swallowing a screw. we can't have that now can we?

(what I mean to say is War is nice if we need it, but we won't advocate it where it is unnneccesary.)
Old June 19, 2002, 23:32   #6
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

i am honestly amazed at the amount of people who actualy believe we have time to putz around with our infinately large jungle while the AI expands rapidly on a huge world.

we shall soon find ourselves surrounded, with all the good land grabbed.

and i shall sit alone, and laugh.

this post brought to you by supreme military commander UberKruX. Glory Comes From Spilt Blood.

Old June 19, 2002, 23:58   #7
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Not alone Uber. Balance.

Aggressive expansion is the way right now.

/Edit. Speaking for myself.
Old June 20, 2002, 00:03   #8
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 04:54
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by UberKruX
i am honestly amazed at the amount of people who actualy believe we have time to putz around with our infinately large jungle while the AI expands rapidly on a huge world.

this post brought to you by supreme military commander UberKruX. Glory Comes From Spilt Blood.

hi ,

supreme tactics , supreme tactics my dear friend , ....

have a nice day
Old June 20, 2002, 00:20   #9
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Quote:

I agree with you Uber. Though I normally like peaceful building, our current situation doesn't give us that option.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old June 20, 2002, 00:25   #10
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Quote:
The Imperialists and other military fascists have pressured us with their warlike dogma long enough.

Old June 20, 2002, 00:33   #11
Timeline
King

Quote:

That's it! I was gonna try to ignore this post but after the third guy posted, and all of them saying they agree with Uber, I couldn't hold back any longer.

"i am honestly amazed at the amount of people who actualy believe we have time to putz around with our infinately large jungle while the AI expands rapidly on a huge world.

we shall soon find ourselves surrounded, with all the good land grabbed."

Supreme Strategy? Where is any strategy mentioned here?

Yes the DIA understands our current situation, and is even now taking steps to compromise with uber's tech requests.

We must expand into this jungle and build cities and clear tiles and get strong to prepare for the inevitable battles that will come. It is no doubt that there will be another AI civ near us somewhere, and most likely they will have better land than us that we may need.

But the key is building our home now, so that we can be strong when we meet these others. The last thing we want to do is "putz" as he put it, and waste time exploring with settlers and looking for a promised land that may not be there. We need to settle, grow strong. Rather than prepare for a palace jump we need to develop our most valued city.

I have been chatting with Uber, and besides some minor ideological differences, we are very much in agreement.

Last edited by Timeline; June 20, 2002 at 00:55.
Old June 20, 2002, 01:11   #12
Trevman
Warlord

Local Time: 18:54
I was thinking of creating my own party but this one aligns very well with my views so I will join this one.
Democratic Industrialists Unite!!
If you don't feel the slightist bit joyful seeing the Iraqis dancing in the street, then you are lost to the radical left. If you don't feel the slightest bit bad that we had to use force to do this, then you are lost to the radical right.
Old June 20, 2002, 03:17   #13
notyoueither
Deity

Oh joy! Another party averted.
Old June 20, 2002, 03:29   #14
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

I already did create my own party, but it seems I didn't really need to after all...

I hereby announce that The Guardians are now Democratic Industrialists.

One by one we can achieve little, but together we are strong!

Here's to a healthy, strong and prosperous empire!

Guardian
Old June 20, 2002, 03:32   #15
notyoueither
Deity

Is aggressive war ever an option in your opinion Guardian?
Old June 20, 2002, 03:50   #16
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
Is aggressive war ever an option in your opinion Guardian?
Yes, in some cases it could be, but it would have to be done honorably.

That is, we would have to have a good reason and we would have to win it without resorting to dirty tricks like signing treates and then breaking them.

As for what would be considered a good reason... well, if they have something we really need, and they either won't give it to us at all or make demands that are totally unreasonable, then that could be a reason...

Like, we may have to go to war to grab some decent land, or to secure access to strategic resources. -But we should always try the alternative first so we can say we gave them a fair chance to avoid it.
Old June 20, 2002, 03:59   #17
notyoueither
Deity

Fair?

Fair is our legions striding the world in triumph!

Those who give us what we wish may live in peace. Those who get in our way must be made into speed bumps.

That is the fair they will extend to us. That is the fair we must extend to them.
Old June 20, 2002, 04:35   #18
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Quote:
Those who give us what we wish may live in peace. Those who get in our way must be made into speed bumps.
That's more or less what I was saying...
Old June 20, 2002, 04:57   #19
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 05:54
Timeline : Looks good. I'm in.
Old June 20, 2002, 04:59   #20
notyoueither
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Guardian

That's more or less what I was saying...
Thanks for the clarification.
Old June 20, 2002, 05:10   #21
Space05us
King

Local Time: 14:54
I must get my assassins to work on this....
Old June 20, 2002, 05:17   #22
notyoueither
Deity

Hash? Where?
Old June 20, 2002, 05:29   #23
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Hash? Where?
hi ,

in the jungle , ....

have a nice high day
Old June 20, 2002, 05:52   #24
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

To all party memebrs and readers : I strongly advise to vote, and to express your views, on these two polls :
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=53429
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=53527

These polls go about important issues, and we cannot let a small minority of people deciding about them. I advise everybody to vote there, for the sake of democracy.
Old June 20, 2002, 08:31   #25
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

TIMELINE: WHY WAS I NOT ON THE LIST?????????

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old June 20, 2002, 08:58   #26
Timeline
King

Quote:
Originally posted by civman2000
TIMELINE: WHY WAS I NOT ON THE LIST?????????
Just wanted to get your approval before I signed your name to it . Your added .
Old June 20, 2002, 09:01   #27
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

"Civman" is not my name...civman2000 please (if it's an official list use the official names! I dont care too much about the "2000", but plaes do not capitalize the "C")

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old June 20, 2002, 09:07   #28
Timeline
King

Aren't we picky

Welcome Trevman, and Guardian, to the DIA party.
Old June 20, 2002, 09:21   #29
Space05us
King

Local Time: 14:54
civman.... a traitor to his own organization!!! this is a sad day indeed...
Old June 20, 2002, 11:52   #30
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 03:54
Yes, even I, the official worst enemy of the AAACC3, must concur