Old July 1, 2002, 14:46   #61
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 04:54
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
Mr. Speaker, this is all very well and good, but what is the current stance of the government regarding Case Pink? This plan must be carried out, and an enemy must be destroyed, but the question is, which enemy is it that must be destroyed? I believe, sir, that if you go in to destroy France and not America, you will commit a grave mistake, sir. America is what needs to be attacked and defeated. France is a nothing state, run by cowards, it will take little to break. America, on the other hand, will simply become more powerful as time goes by, the Americans will simply expand, at the expense of our own people! The land that we need they will take up, and they will build a mightier army than we could muster if we do not check them in their early stages of construction. It is what is needed, sir, and I believe you know this. And so, sir, I ask, what is the current target of Case Pink?
hi ,

who is the speaker of the house , ....

yes the plan must be done , BUT , ask UberKruX , they would have to be have at least 50 % veteran units and even then , ....

have a nice day
Old July 13, 2002, 03:30   #62
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 20:54
Local Date: October 31, 2010
::Blows dust off rostra::

::Notices that no one is sitting in attendance, yet::

Ahem.

Parties.

What are they good for? There must be something. A grouping of like minded individuals is where they came from, long long ago IRL. That's OK. That's good. They help people get constructive things done from time to time.

What are they bad for? A lot. When the grouping of like minded individuals becomes;

a reason to believe this opinion or that, because your party decided that is best, or worse because your opponents say something else (even if your opponents have a good idea),

a group that becomes very savvy at putting their own candidates into important positions (so that other ideas and groups are shut out),

a platform for wanna-be demagogues to further their own plans through manipulation of public opinion...

There are many ways that parties can be destructive. I am not in favour of banning them. However, I suggest that the people put them on a very short leash.

And to the parties, remember that your banishment as groups remains merely a single vote of 67% away. That vote may be initiated by any individual on the citizen roll.
Old July 13, 2002, 03:37   #63
GoodFella
Warlord

Local Time: 02:54
Love or hate parties, it would be undemocratic to ban them.
Old July 13, 2002, 04:28   #64
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 14:54
/me wakes up from nearly empty stands and pushes aside nearly empty popcorn box

As I believe you stated elsewhere, nye, the election polls should have no party politics beyond the candidates stating which parties they are members of, in addition to their stated intentions.

Parties are fine, but we must have some important places free of them.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!