Local Date: November 1, 2010
citizen registry discussion
just for discussion about the citizen registry. to keep it spam-free
Old June 20, 2002, 06:36   #2
disorganizer
Prince

Local Time: 02:55
i think we need a central thread for informations about our citizens. what sense does it make to have 2 threads to gather infos from? the join-part, the email-part and all... since we will need more info for the "fun-factor" also, i started a citizen registry.
one example for the fun-factor is:
in-game city.
we dont play a normal civ3-game, we play a kind of roleplay experience. this is a simulation of real-life and we should act acordingly, so every1 should move to a city where he/she/it wants to live in our nation. I can imagine maybe the citizens of some city campaign for having a wonder built there (maybe even if its not the best place for it in a normal civ3-game). we do not have to play a "perfect" civ3-game here (you can play this every day for yourself if you like). if we go to getting too much "civ3-gaming and optimization" and too less "fun-factor" topics in here, citizens will surely leave rather quick.

Visit the Rebel Pub and Brewery in Bavaria, Fanatika!
Old June 20, 2002, 08:51   #3
Nym
Prince

Local Time: 03:55
Quote:
Originally posted by disorganizer
i think we need a central thread for informations about our citizens. what sense does it make to have 2 threads to gather infos from? the join-part, the email-part and all... since we will need more info for the "fun-factor" also, i started a citizen registry.
one example for the fun-factor is:
in-game city.
we dont play a normal civ3-game, we play a kind of roleplay experience. this is a simulation of real-life and we should act acordingly, so every1 should move to a city where he/she/it wants to live in our nation. I can imagine maybe the citizens of some city campaign for having a wonder built there (maybe even if its not the best place for it in a normal civ3-game). we do not have to play a "perfect" civ3-game here (you can play this every day for yourself if you like). if we go to getting too much "civ3-gaming and optimization" and too less "fun-factor" topics in here, citizens will surely leave rather quick.
I agree for a kind of central citizens' repository.
Old June 20, 2002, 08:53   #4
Wojit
GalCiv Apolyton Empire
Chieftain

Local Time: 12:55
I agree
It has to be more of a Roleplaying experience, or else it's just a slow game of Civ 3.

What? I'm just rephrasing the last post??
Look over there!!!
*Flees*
Old June 20, 2002, 08:54   #5
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 20:55
Local Date: October 31, 2010
i think it's a waste of time and space...

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old June 20, 2002, 11:59   #6
Kuciwalker
Deity

Local Time: 22:55
We already have one. However, it's unnecessary for roleplaying. Just see my editorials and letters .
Old June 20, 2002, 14:47   #7
disorganizer
Prince

Well, i think it gives the citizens a kind of "we" feeling. Just to get them more concerned with the game-matters.
A waste of space? Maybe. But i think we have enough space. A waste of time? Do you take so long to type a post? Which you have to change maybe 2-3 time during the game? Or do you plan to move around our nation all the time?
The existing registries (2 of it. Join-Thread and the email adreßbook) are mixed. Also, no additional information is added. I did not say we should use the registry i started, i started it as an example of how it could be. The next problem with the existing one is that one poor guy has to edit the summary all the time because there is no organized posting mechanism for the citizens.

Old August 7, 2002, 16:52   #8
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
hmmm. this thread is unofficial. it should not be used ;-9
post there instead:
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=52372
What's up? First disorganizer creates a thread and then he tells us that no one should be posting in it. Do we need to go and delete our info from the thread? Why was it created in the first place?
Old August 7, 2002, 18:50   #9
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
The existing registries (2 of it. Join-Thread and the email adreßbook) are mixed. Also, no additional information is added. I did not say we should use the registry i started, i started it as an example of how it could be. The next problem with the existing one is that one poor guy has to edit the summary all the time because there is no organized posting mechanism for the citizens.
Incorrect. We have a system and it is about the most stable, predictable part of this game.

You post your intent in the join thread. One of us collects the names from time to time. Gramphos is by at least once in a while to add the new names to the first post. If and when he can no longer come by for some extended period, he can pass the torch to one of the other die hards who are likely to be here for a long while.

It's simple, it works. It is all we need officially.

If you wish to go beyond that with unofficial threads for other purposes, feel as free as the next poster. However, I would request that you cease attempts to make your various projects appear to be official. Some people are getting confused, and in some cases, annoyed.

Oh, BTW. One further request. Please do not solicit people to put their email addresses in the open forum. It's poor netiquette as many people may be unaware of the consequences.

Thank you.
Old August 8, 2002, 03:03   #10
disorganizer
Prince

as you all may have noticed (sometime you should look at the post-dates. really! it will help!) the thread was far obsolete. i always since told by the government then stated that the registry will then not be used.
i will now have it closed by the mods to hinder further confusion from having it popping up on page 1 due to a post in an obsolete thread.
if you really want a registry, discuss, poll, and start a new one.