Old July 1, 2002, 23:03   #31
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 20:55
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Thank you indeed, Mr. President. It is indeed an honor to be a part of this great party of men. Under our current president and his imperialist stance, I believe, we shall become that greatest of civilizations which we have always been destined to become. Apolytonia was always destined to become an empire, through knowledge, commerce, and especially power, and indeed, it shall be.
Old July 2, 2002, 14:02   #32
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 04:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Trip
*Nods*
Welcome. It's a pleasure to have you both on board, and I hope that with the Imperialists we can all help expand across the world, through diplomacy, peace, or ... war.
hi ,

, however this party is a bit small , ...

we need more people , ....

maybe if we all start to mark a link in the sig , ....

have a nice day
Old July 2, 2002, 18:31   #33
Robber Baron
Prince

Local Time: 21:55
If you will have me, I would like to join the Imperialists. Our game should be guided by two principles -- and only two, at this point: we must expand by any means at our disposal, and we must proceed pragmatically, not dogmatically. After witnessing various other parties and political figures in action, I have become convinced the Imperialist-3A2C3 party best embodies this philosophy.
Old July 4, 2002, 11:26   #34
The Dark Lord
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Chieftain

If you will have me (and if this party is still active) I will join. I want nothing more than to see our civilization elevated above all others, using whatever methods work best.

~THE DARK LORD APOLON
Old July 4, 2002, 18:42   #35
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 22:55
Great!
We're still around, I've been on vacation and my internet has been down, but I'm back now, so it's no problem.
Old July 12, 2002, 00:19   #36
Micaelus
Settler

I would very much like to call myself a member of the Imperialist Party.
Old July 12, 2002, 00:22   #37
LordImpact
Warlord

Welcome to our fine band of social misfits Micaelus
Old July 12, 2002, 01:12   #38
Donal Graeme
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 18:55
excuse me, but what does this 3A2C3 thing stand for? An acronym, and how is it connected to the Imperialist party?
Old July 12, 2002, 02:01   #39
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 02:55
Re: The Imperialist-3A2C3 Party
Quote:
Originally posted by Trip
Unlike other parties, our goal is not to destroy the world, destroy the political system, or destroy our opponents
May I ask, is this still true? Is this party really not a party at all, and does not have party politics?
Old July 12, 2002, 06:02   #40
Robber Baron
Prince

Re: Re: The Imperialist-3A2C3 Party
Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000

May I ask, is this still true? Is this party really not a party at all, and does not have party politics?
Well, my own personal take on this aspect of our creed is that we Imperialists are a party insofar as we are offering a way to unite and focus political action among likeminded people ....
But not a party that adheres to a dogmatic platform or a rigid game strategy. Not war for war's sake (the Hawks?), nor determined to turtle and build as soon as we gain territory (DIA?) We are pragmatists, we want to remain flexible, we seek an end (expansion) aand are ready to employ many means (war, to be sure, but also building, technical advancement, cultural conquest ...) to accomplish that end.
Again, just my opinion.
Old July 12, 2002, 07:59   #41
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 14:55
Quote:
Originally posted by Donal Graeme
excuse me, but what does this 3A2C3 thing stand for? An acronym, and how is it connected to the Imperialist party?
The 3A2C3 is the abbreviation for the Association of Apolytonians Against a Constitution (AAAC), a group formed from civman2000, me and numerous others in the Civ2 Democratic game as opposition to having a long-winded Constitution. When this forum was started, the party was ported over here as the AAAC for Civ3, or AAACC3, or 3A2C3 (geddit? ). Early on (before the game here had started), there was the proposition of a merger between the 3A2C3 and the Imperialists (Trip's party).

Whilst I was away it seems the merger happened, and several other parties joined in to make the UFC (United Front Coalition, IIRC). This party somehow encompassed the policies of all its' constitutents, but I do not see this for the 3A2C3. As a co-founder of this "party" I guess I am obliged to stay a member of it (civman2000 has since found his ideas best represented by the DIA - Democratic Industrialists of Apolytonia, the other large party), but I may have to reassess the union with the UFC. Or disband the party entirely if I am the only member (especially if I want to be a Justice... ). I have found myself alternately disagreeing with both DIA and UFC, so I guess a strict party policy is not really my scene. (Did I just say that?!?! )

Or, I guess that since originally our one top priority was to oppose long-winded Constitutions, the 3A2C3 is kinda like the Anarchists....

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old July 12, 2002, 16:21   #42
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

especially if I want to be a Justice...

Or, I guess that since originally our one top priority was to oppose long-winded Constitutions, the 3A2C3 is kinda like the Anarchists
An Anarchist Justice .... THAT would be very interesting.

Anyone else from the party hopeful of getting into the fledgling justice system? I'm certainly interested. I suppose we should wait until the election is over before we start begging Trip about appointments.

--Togas
Old July 12, 2002, 17:09   #43
LordImpact
Warlord

I would like to become a justice, and if i don't get to be I hope to be an ambassador.
Old July 12, 2002, 17:49   #44
Robber Baron
Prince

Can anybody tell me how to include links in my sig? I've been poking around the site, but I can't find instructions, and as a member of this party I want to set up a sig-link to this thread. (We all should. It's a great publicity and a good recruiting device -- so long as you post constructively and wisely! )
The html option in my profile/sig section seems to have been turned off, and I don't see where or how to turn it on. And then, I don't know the code for setting up a link.
Thanks in advance.
Old July 12, 2002, 18:20   #45
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

RB: do like this "[URL] ... [/URL]"

Old July 12, 2002, 18:45   #46
Robber Baron
Prince

Thanks MrWIA. But how do I embed a link within text?
Old July 12, 2002, 18:49   #47
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta

Typing this: [URL = http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=55586]Go here![/URL]

Gives you this: Go here!
Old July 13, 2002, 01:05   #48
Jon Shafer

Micaelus, in case you see this (or anyone else who wants to join us does), then this is the place to sign up. Since I saw your post, I added you anways, so welcome.
Old July 13, 2002, 03:12   #49
mgekelly
Settler

Local Time: 12:55
hi
I'd like to join the Imperialist party. Please.
Old July 14, 2002, 21:40   #50
aleion
NationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy Game
Chieftain

i'd like to join the The Imperialists because they want to help us grow stronger everyday.

Ambassador to Legoland on the Lux Invicta Team
Member of: Team Lux Invicta (PTW Demo Game)
Old July 14, 2002, 22:11   #51
The Dark Lord
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Chieftain

Greetings from the Lord of Evil.

I am already a member, of course, but I feel we must try to do something to make our party more 'high profile.' We don't seem to be known that well, and our coalition with the Hawks as the UFC seems to leave us in their shadow. Warmongers.

Anyway, I feel that we must try to reach out to more people in order to expand our power...and we must make ourselves known. The DIA is not a coalition... why do we have to be in one? We must attempt to reduce the massive number of independents out there....

P.S. Which city is primarily under control of the Imperialists/UFC? I would suppose it would be Trip's city of Termina...

~TDL Apolon
Old July 14, 2002, 22:14   #52
Jon Shafer

Yes, Termina is the Imperialist HQ at the moment.

I'm going to start a new recruitment campaign. How do you like this?

[edit]And welcome aleion! It's a pleasure to add another to the ranks of those who wish to dominate this world! [/edit]

Last edited by Jon Shafer; July 14, 2002 at 23:15.
Old August 24, 2002, 18:06   #53
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Officially Disband the Party?
With Trip's Resignation and the general inactivity of the party, I feel it is time for us to officially question if the party should remain.

Is there any reason for the Imperialist Party to continue existing?

Are there any active members left who claim membership in the party?

Should we formally disband the party?

Your thoughts, please.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old August 24, 2002, 18:50   #54
jdd2007
NationStates
King

what about the DIA? will they disband?
Old August 24, 2002, 20:04   #55
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

The single membered 3A2C3 has been detached for a while, HEY!

Do you think I could get new members to my "party" by telling them that 100% of it's members are in Government, and moreover, the head of the party is President? Quite an achievement for a supposed anarchist (just 'cause I didn't want a Constitution).

Don't LOOK at me like that.

Old August 24, 2002, 20:58   #56
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
The single membered 3A2C3 has been detached for a while, HEY!

Do you think I could get new members to my "party" by telling them that 100% of it's members are in Government, and moreover, the head of the party is President? Quite an achievement for a supposed anarchist (just 'cause I didn't want a Constitution).

Don't LOOK at me like that.
AVOIDS LOOKING AT MWIA THAT WAY
As apparently you are the only member, what does the Party currently stand for?

Stance on war.

Stance on city status. (does it still want to find better city locations outside of the jungle/does it wnat to improve our current cities?)

It's vision for our civilization's more immediate direction.
Old August 24, 2002, 21:13   #57
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

If the Imperialist party doesn't exist than the Coalition doesn't have much of a purpose and should be disbanded.
Old August 24, 2002, 22:16   #58
jdd2007
NationStates
King

well that would leave the hawks and the DIA
Old August 30, 2002, 13:24   #59
Togas
Emperor

This thread was lost in the midst of the 3 Front War.

I'm bringing it up again. Perhaps we'll make a decision before the Press Deadline for the Gazette.

This Question goes out to all of you who still consider yourselves members of the Imperialist Party. Do we disband?

If we don't disband, then we need new leadership.

Once Trip lost to Ninot, the party hasn't been active. The party no longer seems to serve a purpose. If we do disband then members could join another party (Hawks?), the UFC could be undone as well.

Whether the DIA decides to disband or not is up to them. Our decision to disband or not should be entirely up to us.

My position? If no one steps forward to give this party leadership and direction, I'm in favor of disbanding it. I've done much better so far as an Independent.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old August 30, 2002, 15:06   #60
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

I'll keep watching for the headlines...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby