Old June 20, 2002, 22:58   #1
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 18:57
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The Popular Front
The Popular Front

(i'm no graphics wiz, so if you've got a better symbol please send it in.)

With the enormity of the number of political parties forming, the potency of individual parties is decreasing.

So, as a solution I am attempting to organize a coalition for those parties that are pro early expansion.

The peace loving Culture party, Culture Club, Thinkers Guild, and Democratic Industrialists of Apolyton threaten to destroy all chances of early expansion!

United together in the Popular Front the Imperialist party, Hawk/Nationalist party and all other future pro expansionist parties can pool their votes and keep the peace lovers from controling Apolyton. I know the more centrist Imperialist party and more rightist Hawk party have differences but in a coalition we can better promote those values we have in common.

So, hopefully the Populist Front can begin a long and productive political life in Apolytonian democracy.

Current Issues:
- What about France?
-Ratification of the Constitution, yea, nay?
-Who wants to be a Popular Front candidate?

Any others?

Current Stances:
It appears the parties are in agreement on
-Prepare for war with France and attack as soon as we are ready.

Coalition partners:
The Imperialist party
The Hawk party
The Nationalist party

Coalition Candidates:
VP: Vlad Anterkov
IE: skywalker

Coalition members in power:
President: Trip
Minister of the Military: UberKrux
Historian: HazieDaVampire

Last edited by Duddha; June 21, 2002 at 16:52.
Old June 20, 2002, 22:59   #2
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 22:57
I agree.
Old June 20, 2002, 23:03   #3
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 21:57
i concur. the DIA will listen to the masses or it shall eb destoryed by them.

be warned you culture loving hippies.

this post brought to you by supreme military commander UberKruX. Glory Comes From Spilt Blood.

Old June 20, 2002, 23:11   #4
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

culture loving hippy? thats redundant!!!

anywhoo.. its not like im pro-peace or anti-war.. or even pro-culture or anti-military.... im just looking for a middle way, and DIA offers that to me
Old June 20, 2002, 23:13   #5
jdd2007
NationStates
King

have the other parties in our coalition agreed to this? its all good to me...

the citizens of this empire who can see that the only way to domination is through war, and military might, can now pool their votes to back uber!

finally, instead of 10 seperate parties, we have only two, each with several notable sub-parties.
Old June 20, 2002, 23:15   #6
Timeline
King

You people are just desperate because you see your passing of power approaching.

Quote:
The peace loving Culture party, Culture Club, Thinkers Guild, and Democratic Industrialists of Apolyton threaten to destroy all chances of early expansion!
Not so. The DIA support early expansion, like I said before, what good is industrializing if there is nothing to industrialize?

Quote:
Originally posted by UberKruX
i concur. the DIA will listen to the masses or it shall eb destoryed by them.
Our entire party is based on listening to the masses.
Old June 20, 2002, 23:16   #7
jdd2007
NationStates
King

i ask you: does the DIA support researching war techs?
Old June 20, 2002, 23:16   #8
jdd2007
NationStates
King

right now, i mean. also, i mean offensive war techs..
Old June 20, 2002, 23:20   #9
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Timeline

Our entire party is based on listening to the masses.
funny how tassadar (a member of your party) originally opposed researching the wheel, and actually ignored a poll with the majority saying they wanted war techs.

he's changed his tune though, so i have no problems with him
Old June 20, 2002, 23:21   #10
Timeline
King

Quote:
Originally posted by jdd2007
I personally support researching the wheel next, that is a war tech, i guess your answer is yes .

Most members of our party feel the same way. In fact Tassadar, science minister, is a member of the DIA and I strongly suspect he will be pushing for the wheel next.
Old June 20, 2002, 23:22   #11
Ninot
Emperor

Quote:
to answer that, i say "to the best of my knowledge, i don't know".

Personally, I think we should go for the wheel next. But I reserve my right to free thought. Tassadar may have a different opinion, and hes the man wearing the right hat.

In the long run tho, my only answer could be "it depends".

But, like I must state, i support war techs when they are the best thing to research. Personally, i think they are the best thing to research now.
Old June 20, 2002, 23:23   #12
Timeline
King

Quote:

funny how tassadar (a member of your party) originally opposed researching the wheel, and actually ignored a poll with the majority saying they wanted war techs.

he's changed his tune though, so i have no problems with him
Uber, you outta stop opposing us so strongly. So far our ENTIRE party has gone to GREAT lengths to accommodate you.

Sheesh, you think you would be grateful and not give us all the crap.
Old June 20, 2002, 23:31   #13
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Quote:

Uber, you outta stop opposing us so strongly. So far our ENTIRE party has gone to GREAT lengths to accommodate you.
... and i've gone to great lengths to accommodate THE PEOPLE.

oh, and i am greatful for the accommodations, we'll see what happens with my jungle plan
Old June 20, 2002, 23:32   #14
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

oh and Linney, if you notice, it's not just me opposing you here.

this whole thread is about that the combined partied make 25+ people.
Old June 20, 2002, 23:36   #15
Timeline
King

Quote:

... and i've gone to great lengths to accommodate THE PEOPLE.
That's good, if it's it true.... I don't see it. I just see you looking out for one person - you. But maybe I am wrong, I hope I am. I like it when I am wrong btw.

Quote:
oh, and i am greatful for the accommodations, we'll see what happens with my jungle plan
Yet another example. I have given your jungle plan full support, and I have a hunch Eli may too.

Yet you continue to slander and knock down our party in anyway you possibly can.

Please stop. We are all government, and aside from minor idealogical differences, we are all here for the same thing: Success.

Success in our government, success on the battlefield, success in the global arena.
Old June 20, 2002, 23:39   #16
Ninot
Emperor

Isn't this just one argument spanned over two threads?

Both sides have equal points!

1: Uber is slandering us (but its libel, isnt it?)

2: we are not pro-military (and thats what uber wants in the long run, even if we do guarantee military support now.. he wants it later too)

so lets just eat a banana... and get back to.. uhh.. whats to get back to? oh, i dunno.. ok, so continue.. but maybe just on ONE THREAD!
Old June 20, 2002, 23:39   #17
Timeline
King

Quote:

this whole thread is about that the combined partied make 25+ people.
25? I don't think so, I count 14 off hand, who els is there?

Thats the Imperialists, Hawk, and nationals combined.
Old June 20, 2002, 23:45   #18
Trevman
Warlord

Local Time: 18:57
You mistake the DIA as peace-at-all-costs-Europeans. This is not so. We will not avoid a war if the alternative is defeat. We will support a war if we need it to improve our industry (I'm not certain about the last one, but I at least feel this way). We just don't want to kill everything that moves if that's alright.
If you don't feel the slightist bit joyful seeing the Iraqis dancing in the street, then you are lost to the radical left. If you don't feel the slightest bit bad that we had to use force to do this, then you are lost to the radical right.
Old June 20, 2002, 23:45   #19
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Quote:
Yet another example. I have given your jungle plan full support, and I have a hunch Eli may too.
during the turnchat Eli STRONGLY OPPOSED the beginnings of my jungle plan.

TAKEN FROM TURNCHAT LOGFILE:

[UberKruX> we need a ROAD for our chariots.
[UberKruX> so no road for french destruction eli? ]
[Eli_the_Great> Absolutely not.

do you have logs showing his support?
Old June 20, 2002, 23:47   #20
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

i had to change the < to [, because poly parsed the code and hid the user names.
Old June 20, 2002, 23:48   #21
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta

Quote:
Originally posted by Trevman
You mistake the DIA as peace-at-all-costs-Europeans. This is not so. We will not avoid a war if the alternative is defeat. We will support a war if we need it to improve our industry (I'm not certain about the last one, but I at least feel this way). We just don't want to kill everything that moves if that's alright.
IIRC, 'builder' is the in the description of your party.
IIRC, 'builder' means you support 'building' and not war.

Do I remember correctly?
Old June 20, 2002, 23:48   #22
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Give me an official DIA Stance on France.

attitudes / ideas / genocide... whatever.
Old June 20, 2002, 23:55   #23
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 02:57
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:

funny how tassadar (a member of your party) originally opposed researching the wheel,
Originally, yes. But then, as I said I would, I sat down and thought about it and came to the conclusion that there were logical reasons for going after it.

I must also point out that, as I have stated many times, I am infected with Staph. It's in my throat, and at the time of the chat it was not being treated with antibiotics. Because of that, I required large amounts of sleep and had just bairly awoken during that chat.

(Please note that I am currently on their most powerful medication for Staph Infection, and it should be completly cleared in about two days.)

Quote:
and actually ignored a poll with the majority saying they wanted war techs.
I never ignored it. I simply pointed out that one option had more votes than all the rest of the options. Although if you combine three options then yes, it is a majority, but...

And even then, I was joking around. The poll was

1. Unofficial
2. Swayed because of the current options.

Is it not reasonable to assume that because only three MILITARY techs were listed (none others), that may have swayed the votes?

And saying that I wouldn't listen to the masses is plain silly. I will listen to the masses no matter what. If they want the wheel, I'm all for it. If they want alphabet, I'll research it. Even if they want pottery, I'll research it. Because when a democracy discontinues listening to the people, it is no longer a democracy.

Also, I must point out that in your most recent poll where you asked if we should research military techs, MORE people have voted and the majority have voted NO.

Quote:
I concur. Hmmm....

Tassadar
Old June 20, 2002, 23:56   #24
Ninot
Emperor

i voted "Manges les Bananas" on france.. cuz i dont want my opinion affecting that of everyone else voting..

but thats not the answer you want.

I agree with you Uber. France has to fall, quick. Thats my opinion.
And i am speaking before conferring with my compatriots.

Oh.. as for what Trevman said.. well, i agree with the "dont kill everything that moves".. however, i dont completely agree with the statement "We will not avoid a war if the alternative is defeat." I can barely understand it (i hope).. but i dont think this is an absolutely true statement.

My view on war is.. as i have stated, it is a tool. We should use it for the best results for our nation. I think the French deserve a whipping at your hands Uber..

oh, and as for what Trip said about the building issue..

Yeah, we are builders, but we plan to build up our nation, not just build buildings. War is a method of building as well, ya know. Just.. a more destructive way of doin it
Old June 20, 2002, 23:59   #25
Switch
Prince

You act as if the Thinker's Guild were a political party. Rather, it is a social group, somewhat akin to Mensa, there to advise the populace and government on how to use science research wisely, rather then to control the government. Though a Timocracy would also be pretty nice, a la University of Planet, and so forth.
Old June 21, 2002, 00:09   #26
Timeline
King

I agree with my 3 comrades (including you trevman )

Trip tried to twist words there and I compliment him on that pitiful yet spirited attempt (although for someone who claims not be interested in the forums and politics he is pretty sneaky), Ninot, you overcame it excellently. Nice job!

Yeah, it is my personal opinion that war with france is inevitable, and I would oppose the building of just roads, but would support the work of Clearing/Roading or clearing, as it would give us needed city locations and also a path for our war machine.

So thats my personal view on france, not genocide, but the principle that we need to control them and not let them control us. We should expand and build up, and once we have reached their boarders, let loose the dogs of war. Taking out the first civ you find is usually required anyway (unfortunately) so its something you gotta do.
Old June 21, 2002, 00:15   #27
Jon Shafer

Anyone can say "we support building, but also war when the need arises."

Chances are, a lot of land lies to the west. If we eliminate France, then it's free for our taking from that point on. This will also give us the advantage of a GA, which will help us build up our country from the deplorable starting position we recieved.
Old June 21, 2002, 00:18   #28
Timeline
King

Don't you read our posts?

We are agreeing with you.

Get a clue

(p.s. apologies if I am comming off rude or arrogant, I am in an evil mood tonight )
Old June 21, 2002, 00:23   #29
Jon Shafer

Quote:
So thats my personal view on france, not genocide, but the principle that we need to control them and not let them control us. We should expand and build up, and once we have reached their boarders, let loose the dogs of war. Taking out the first civ you find is usually required anyway (unfortunately) so its something you gotta do.
By the time we share borders, they'll be many times stronger than us, and may even have iron working (and iron, no doubt, which we lack).
Old June 21, 2002, 00:25   #30
Ninot
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Trip

By the time we share borders, they'll be many times stronger than us, and may even have iron working (and iron, no doubt, which we lack).
dont get ahead of us now. We won't be immediately settling in the jungle, and whatever we find to the north and west may have iron in it. We lack Iron now, but so does everyone who lacks Iron working.

but i agree with a general sentiment here that France has to go down