Old June 21, 2002, 01:31   #1
sprucemoose3311
Chieftain

Local Time: 18:58
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Cheat for free cities
I just came across a fun way to cheat while your at war. I was playing as the babylonians on a standard map. I started a war against the Chinese and quicky crushed 5 of their 10 cities. After their beating they asked for a peace treaty. In return I asked for two cities. The accepted my terms. I recieved 2 cities with no resistors. The next turn I went to war and proceeded to crush the Chinese . . Anyways I probably would have lost 3 or 4 calvary attacking the cities I claimed in treaty. That would have completely changed the war.

I have a suggestion to prevent this unfair practice. When someone takes a city through diplomacy there should be a short 5-10 turn period where neither side can attack.

thats bad but its all i can think of

how would everyone else change it?
Old June 21, 2002, 01:44   #2
Switch
Prince

Local Time: 21:58
It's already countered by the bad diplo rating your getting. Back stabing and treachery are not looked to kindly upon by the AI.
Old June 21, 2002, 01:54   #3
sprucemoose3311
Chieftain

Local Time: 18:58
i have been giving away free techs to every civ before and during the war to keep them happy. theyre still polite towards me. they still give me good trade offers. On the otherhand I dont know much about the diplomatic ratings.
Old June 21, 2002, 02:58   #4
kring
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerNationStatesCTP2 Source Code ProjectApolyton UniversityCivilization IV Creators
King

Local Time: 20:58
The diplomatic hit is not that major. I would like it to be worse. It is a shame that it isn't worse. While I tend to honor agreements with the other civs, as long as they don't break, I have seen too many times where players break them with little problem.