Old June 21, 2002, 02:13   #1
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 02:58
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Apolyton Science Section
Welcome to the Apolyton Science Section. This is where I get to rant, rave, and talk about things related to science (whether directly or indirectly)

Although it is my section, this is simply another branch of the Apolytonian.....

-------

A NATION DIVIDED?

As I walk the streets of Apolyton, I notice more and more that various political parties are fighting amongst each other. Although I mainly see the warmongers fighting with peaceful builders and scientists such as myself, I have noticed it happening everywhere. With friends and with family.
Recently, I walked into the forum with the intention of watching people debates amongst themselves about various things. What happend next is something I did not expect. While there was debating, there was also a sense of hostility, a sense that one side is almost a different nation than another. I sat down and I asked myself, is this what our empire will grow into? And as I wondered to myself, I turned from observer to victim. I was, in front of the entire forum, critisized. I responded, of course, but it only served to affirm my worst fears. Our nation is beginning to split up.

We are forming various political parties and this has also happened with the new people (Ed note: French) but however, they have not divided. Now it appears as if our society is attempting to put down other political parties in the name of the betterment of our empire. This is a very disturbing trend that if not corrected now, I believe will be passed unto our next generation of children.

Apolyton was created by unity. Unity of Generals such as our great military commander UberKruxs, of scientists such as myself, of leaders such as Trip. We must not, we cannot let it fall because of petty bickering. I plead with you, let us overcome our differences and unite under one banner, one common thread: Apolyton.

------------------------
Get your own ads into this small section. Talk with Tassadar for details...
------------------------

New Discoveries Await!

Yesterday I was traveling with an army unit in the jungle. I was originally there to observe how the military behaves as well as study the natural life of the jungle, however, we made an exciting and startling discovery. We discovered someone from a different nation, who spoke differently and wore ugly bright clothing. I had a chance to talk with him. Although our conversation was short as our great Foreign Minister Ninot talked with the leader, I finally found evidence which proves contrary to the small group that believes we are the most advanced nation of the world.
This person we met told me of things I never would have imagined. He told me of a central language, called French, that his country uses. It has letters. While we all have this, the French system sounds to be so centralized that they all know what their talking about. We must study such things in more detail.
But that does not mean they are totally superior. He seemed puzzled by the concept of a temple where you worship people. Now I stopped telling him about it when I realized he did not know these secrets because it could be used in diplomatic conversation, but....There must be an infinitium number of secrets out there, simply waiting for us to see them. Even know, we are researching something that if it proves to be true, will allow us to construct tall monuments and give our armies better weapons.

I am also authorized to tell you that our supreme military commander UberKrux and I are also thinking of an abstract concept that may require more research. We are thinking about inventing a new way to move things, by getting rocks and attaching them to animals. Thus far all the rocks seem to do is slow the animal down, but....I have this distinct feeling that there is a way to perfect the concept that will allow animals to walk for us, so that we can travel further distances and have our soldiers have more protection.

Well, farewell friends. I must continue my research. However, I will to the best of my ability, continue to write stories about my journies and findings, and always express my opinions. Until next time, fellow Apolytons.
Old June 21, 2002, 02:19   #2
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 20:58
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I have never liked the idea of rocks. Except to throw and hit with.

/Edited to completely change the meaning of what I originally said, which is not what I meant.

Last edited by notyoueither; June 21, 2002 at 02:30.
Old June 21, 2002, 02:22   #3
Switch
Prince

Local Time: 21:58
Local Date: October 31, 2010
THat's crazy talk! Rocks that move easily? An infinitum of discoveries? Man, what a *gag* science advisor you *gag* are. (j/k)

You're right, though. WE should stop this hostility, or else we may end up like some, ummm, divided nation.....can't think of any examples that would match our situation.

Sure, comeptitivenes can be good, if moderated, however there is no room for hostility. THis game was made so, not only to have fun, but to play the best played game of Civ3 that ever existed. 2 heads are better than one, so a nation of heads from throughout the world should surely be better.
Old June 21, 2002, 02:32   #4
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Quote:
Originally posted by SwitchMoO
THat's crazy talk! Rocks that move easily? An infinitum of discoveries? Man, what a *gag* science advisor you *gag* are. (j/k)

You're right, though. WE should stop this hostility, or else we may end up like some, ummm, divided nation.....can't think of any examples that would match our situation.

Sure, comeptitivenes can be good, if moderated, however there is no room for hostility. THis game was made so, not only to have fun, but to play the best played game of Civ3 that ever existed. 2 heads are better than one, so a nation of heads from throughout the world should surely be better.
Dear Valued Reader,

Thank you for taking the time to subscribe to my little part of the Apolytonian.

Yes I completly agree with your comments. Heads from all over the world, with all types of experiences, are much better than one. However, if we continue this hostility....our empire will fall apart. We will soon become corrupted and power hungry. I have already noticed that this has begun to happen on a major scale at Thebes.

The French have already proved that this is possible. If the French can do it, why can't we?
Old June 21, 2002, 03:17   #5
Wojit
GalCiv Apolyton Empire
Chieftain

Local Time: 12:58
Quote:
I have this distinct feeling that there is a way to perfect the concept that will allow animals to walk for us
You see, you're going at this the completely wrong way. It's obvious that the only possible method of fast, easy travel would be to hollow out a rock, tie it to a bird, put everyone in it, then tell the bird to fly places

Now, sure, sure, I can see the obvious problem in this theory - Birds are hard to catch. But with a team of researchers, plus a 4 gold grant (Plus one gold... fee, for me), I'm sure this could be achieved within the next... 500 years, for sure.
Old June 21, 2002, 03:23   #6
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by Wojit

You see, you're going at this the completely wrong way. It's obvious that the only possible method of fast, easy travel would be to hollow out a rock, tie it to a bird, put everyone in it, then tell the bird to fly places

Now, sure, sure, I can see the obvious problem in this theory - Birds are hard to catch. But with a team of researchers, plus a 4 gold grant (Plus one gold... fee, for me), I'm sure this could be achieved within the next... 500 years, for sure.
Dear Reader,

Your idea sounds interesting.

I tried testing out a version of your theory. I was in thebes at the time of your message, and in Thebes there are very many birds. So I went outside, and saw a bird walking on the ground. I picked it up with relative ease. This was not a good sign, as if I can pick it up with ease then it shows I have a superior weight and therefore it probably will not be able to pick me up.

However I continued your theory, and had it try to pick me up. However, it did not even try which leads me to conclude that it knows it cannot and it will damage its body if it tries.

I am sorry.

Last edited by Nubclear; June 21, 2002 at 03:32.
Old June 21, 2002, 11:38   #7
Franses
Civilization III Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 03:58
Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000

However I continued your theory, and had it try to pick me up. However, it did not even try which leads me to conclude that it knows it cannot and it will damage its body if it tries.

I am sorry.
Dear fellow researcher Tassadar,

Are you not jumping to conclusions here? Why expect all birds to be as small as the birds in Thebes? For the time being you have experimentily proved Wojit's idea to be wrong but theoretically he may still be right. The last turns have shown that the world is much larger than Thebes alone. Who knows how large it will be and what animals live in-there? It may even be that we find animals that have already attached rocks to them. In that case we do not have to invent it that all. So, as long as you do not prove theoretically that Wojit's idea is wrong I advise you to keep an open mind.