Old June 22, 2002, 22:24   #31
Kramerman
Prince

Local Time: 20:59
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
their proud literature and wonders forgotten, the Greek empire degenerated into anarchy. News came from the frontier: France had signed an alliance with America. Fighting a war on three sides - against the French, the Americans and from within - all seemed lost.
I hate anarchy so, so much. Anarchy and hippies....

Kman
Old June 23, 2002, 20:02   #32
zulu9812
King

Local Time: 02:59
Local Date: November 1, 2010
C'mon guys - let's hear those stories of dispair, heroism and the fight against adversity!
I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up
Old June 23, 2002, 21:17   #33
Xuenay
Warlord

Local Time: 04:59
Quote:
Originally posted by philippe666
cool warrior.but a japaneze warrior once destroyed one of my modern armours.i nuked the warrior

I'm putting that in my sig!

"A japaneze warrior once destroyed one of my modern armours.i nuked the warrior" -- philippe666
Old June 24, 2002, 00:01   #34
Kramerman
Prince

Quote:
C'mon guys - let's hear those stories of dispair, heroism and the fight against adversity!
Heres a story Im working on. Check out this thread or visit the stories section:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=53787

Kman
Old June 24, 2002, 01:51   #35
dnassman
Warlord

Local Time: 12:59
How is this short story of heroism that finally enabled me to lose a tank to a spearman in a 3 size city.

As Manchester stood defiant with its two lonely spearman regiment, defending the last english city on the Northern island, the eight tank regiment of the Persion army disembarked from transports onto the border of the lone city.

"Let us fight like the English football team!" screamed Owen, the vetern spearman.

"Yeah sure, whatever," retorted the regular spearman with the name of Seaman.

"We only have spears you moron!!!", yelled Seaman.

"Who cares, lets just give it all," Owen exclaimed as he charged the first Persian tank as it began to open fire.

Owen dodged and weaved as he approached the speeding metal giant.

Blast after blast missed Owen as he side stepped and kept his feet and weaved through the destruction. Waiting his for his chance Owen saw that the first tank had made a terribly error and hit a ditch in the ground which bogged the tank momentary. That was all the time he needed.

Using his skill and prowess he leapt on the tank with a flying kick and proceeded to the hatch with his trusty spear. None of the other tanks could catch him as he flipped open the hatch and ramned and thrusted his spear through the shocked tank crew. As Owen celebrated his victory and with Seaman who was back at the city walls the tank somehow, by itself, exploded!!!

Obviously the brave Owen would not survive long in his celebration as the Persian second tank, nicknamed Rivaldi, was accurate in its shot leaving only Owen's famous shoes behind.

The Rivaldi tank, after celebrating the victory soon stopped and "pretended" to be damaged as it couldn't continue. That left the third tank named RONALDINHO, which caught the unfocused Seaman unawares and the only remaining reminant left of Seaman was his long ponytail of hair.

The remaining Persian tank divisions rolled into Manchester capturing the Englishs' last remaining hope.

The Persian high council however were still pondering how a man with a spear could make a metal tank exploded!!!!

The end

Couldn't help the football references as everyone here is following the world cup like mad. But the spearman destroying tank was true, and so was the number of tanks and English city with its 2 spearman.
Old June 24, 2002, 02:52   #36
Christantine The Great
Prince

Local Time: 21:59
How about this (based on CivII)

The Phalanx's Lucky Strike

Upon the mountain, locked safely in a fortress, lived the Phalanx. The Phalanx, first trained in 3000 BC, remained to guard the fortress at a choke point for several thousand years. Generation after generation of Phalanxese were born and replenished the ranks. These Phalanx members became adept at weilding the spear and shield. Soon their skills would be put to the test.

The SS Death, pride of the Persian battleship fleet, was sailing off to crush the insignificant Phalanx people. The great sixteen inch guns aimed at the fortress and fired a magnificent volley that pushed the battleship a few inches back.

The Phalanx jumped into action. Using their super-secret skills, they quickly plotted the course and velocity of each shell fired from the battleship's guns. Then, carefully aligning their shields, they deflected the shells and made them shoot skyward instead of obliterating the fortress.

The battleship's captian was wonderstruck. He ordered that the ship close in on the shore and fire directly into the fortress' supports. He did not know, however, that his ship's life could be measured in seconds from then on.

The lead Phalanx member lept into action as the battleship closed in. He threw his spear at...a crab on the beach. The crab ran towards the water, disturbing a small piece of rock sticking out of the sand. The tap on the rock resonated perfectly with the sand, causing it to rush forth and envelop the battleship.

He threw another spear.

This spear was aimed...precisely two inches away from the stern of the battleship. It disappeared underwater and was swollowed by a great whale. The whale was killed by the spear and fell towards a large rock dome. Underneath the dome was a vast store of oil under extreme pressure. The whale's titanic body broke the rock barrier, sending a plume of oil skyward. The oil engulfed the battleship's deck.

The rest of the Phalanx threw all of their spears directly at the battleship and took cover.

The metal tips of the spears hit the metal deck of the battleship just right, causing several sparks which ignited the oil. The ship burnt and then exploded. The Phalanx was victorious and their people were saved.

THE END
Old June 24, 2002, 06:15   #37
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 12:59
Why can't everyone do this when confronted with tank-killing spearmen?
Old June 25, 2002, 00:07   #38
Jaybe
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 19:59
Bump.
by the President of the Equal Combat Rights to Barbarians Society.
Old July 6, 2002, 09:03   #39
zulu9812
King

Local Time: 02:59
I can't believe that there's no more exciting in-game stories...
I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up
Old July 6, 2002, 14:17   #40
Kramerman
Prince

check out the stories forum.

Kman