Old June 23, 2002, 06:27   #1
S. Kroeze
Prince

Local Time: 03:06
Local Date: November 1, 2010
about "L'INVITATION AU VOYAGE"
PEACE IN EUROPE!!!

The game "L'INVITATION AU VOYAGE" is over!
After the sudden extinction of the Austrian-Hungarian royal family their country fell to anarchy. The League of Nations decided to intervene and to enforce peace.
Final result:

1. FRANCE (M@ni@c)
2. AUSTRIA-HUNGARY (Misfit/Nath/Korn469/Anarchy)
3. TURKEY (The Diplomat/Amjayee)
4. RUSSIA (Hobbes/Mihai)
5. GERMANY (Leland)
6. ENGLAND (The Joker)

End of game: "L'INVITATION AU VOYAGE"

Spring 1871 - Spring 1879
November 2001 - June 2002
GM: S. Kroeze
                           71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78
ENG The Joker (An78) 3 4 4 3 2 1 1 - VI
FRA M@ni@c 5 6 7 10 13 14 14 16 I
GER Leland 4 6 4 4 4 4 3 2 V
ITA neutral 3 3 3 - - - - -
AUS Misfit 5 4 5 7 6 6 7 7 II
Nath
Korn469 (An79)
RUS Hobbes (An75) 6 8 9 6 4 4 5 4 IV
Mihai
TUR The Diplomat (An72) 4 3 2 4 5 5 4 5 III
Amjayee

Game rating : 675.20

Game score :

M@ni@c 412
Amjayee 74
Mihai 54
Leland 27
The Joker 7
Misfit 00
The Diplomat 00
Hobbes 00
Korn469 00

NMRs :
The Joker 12.5% S77, F78
M@ni@c 0%
Leland 0%
Misfit 0%
Nath 0%
Korn469 22.22% F78, F79
Hobbes 22.22% S74, S75
Mihai 10% S77
The Diplomat 50% S72, F72
Amjayee 6.67% F78

Spring 1871
ENG : A Lpl - Yor, F Lon - NTH, F Edi - NWS
FRA : A Par - Bur, A Mar - Spa, F Bre - MAO
GER : A Ber - Kie, A Mun sta, F Kie - Hol
ITA : A Rom, A Ven, F Nap
AUS : A Vie - Bud, A Bud - Ser, F Tri - Alb
RUS : A Mos - StP, A War - Ukr, F StP sc - GOB, F Sev - BLA
TUR : A Con - Bul, A Smy - Con, F Ank sta

Fall 1901
ENG : --
FRA : +Spa, +Por
GER : +Hol
ITA : --
AUS : +Ser, +Gre
RUS : +Swe, +Rum
TUR : + Bul

Last edited by S. Kroeze; June 24, 2002 at 17:19.
Old June 23, 2002, 07:09   #2
amjayee
Prince

Local Time: 05:06
I'm glad this game is over. It really started to be a burden, since it was clear most players did not like to play anymore. But in a way this was a nice game. So here are some of my thughts from the course of the game.

I started as a substitute for Turkey in a lousy position. NMR's always leave the country in a weak position. When I took over Turkey, I was surrounded by two enemies and no friends near me. I started desperate diplomacy in order to get friends and make peace with the neighbors. I got almost no replies at all, and the whole game was like that; the diplomacy element was quite unsatisfactory.

Well, I did my best to defend against Russia and Austria. I managed to hold back a couple of turns, but eventually I had only two armies and three Russians around me. Then like a miracle Russia NMR'd and I managed to drive them out of my homeland. I started friendly with the new leader and persuaded him to support me against Austria. Like in the last game, I of course was planning to attack also Russia in future. But well, I managed to conquer Bulgaria and Greece with the help of Russia and was threatening to take Serbia, while also Austria fell into anarchy.

I was friendly with France and had no intention to go to Mediterranean. Austria apparently wanted me to help fight France, but unfortunately did not start any negotiations to ask me to help him. That was unfortunate, since then we had a bad start in our war against France. But anyway, all other powers united against France and we might have been able to stop him, but most people had no energy to concentrate on the game, so continuing mistakes and NMR's in issuing orders to units ruined our resistance. In the end France was winning.

In this game it was interesting how five powers could keep up an alliance against one - but I guess the reason was that most players just did not care of the game. I was very worried of the situation, since I left my homeland quite open, and even left Russia take Constantinople. And I have to admit that I considered going against Austria and Russia in some occasions. But the alliance held, but we were not succesful.

It would be interesting to hear views of the other players, especially France. Was anyone supplying him information of our movements, or were him told about our alliance? Of course it became clear that we were allied since we did not fight each other, but did Maniac hear anything from us others in the end game? We had some diplomacy, a couple of emails each week coordinating the moves, but that did not succeed very well.
Old June 23, 2002, 10:16   #3
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Because this game lasted so long, and because I haven't saved all my diplomatic mail in the Sent Items folder, and because I conducted some of my diplomacy through hotmail (which is of course deleted after a while), I have no idea when the last diplomatic contact with another nation happened. I may remember again after I have another look at all the orders. But the last few seasons were in pure loneliness. My last contact was with Korn. But after his 'betrayal', that contact only existed out of the possibility of ending this game by declaring me winner, and some general strategic thoughts of me that I would lose Italy but possibly make a breakthrough in Scandinavia. As has happened. Anyway, I have an oral Latin exam tomorrow at 16.00 hours, so I probably won't post an end-of-game-statement until perhaps Tuesday.
Old June 23, 2002, 15:15   #4
Mihai
CTP2 Source Code Project
Warlord

I was flattered that S. Kroeze asked me to join this game - I am not even an 'GGSer'
I enjoyed the game and I am really sorry for my NMR. I wasn't upset for France betrayal, I understand that the wholegame is about when to betrayal your allies. I was kinda upset that the cruciade call was made just after I lost StP.
It could be a nice game if players weren't lose their interest. I usually stop playing if others players cheat or lose interest - after all it suppose to be fun, isn't it?
Old June 24, 2002, 13:55   #5
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

How can you cheat in this game??

Anyway, busy thinking about my EOG statement. I'll read The Joker's for inspiration.
Old June 24, 2002, 16:03   #6
Mihai
CTP2 Source Code Project
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by M@ni@c
How can you cheat in this game??
Sorry to give this impresion. I was just telling you guys what would make me to quit a game before its normal end. In this case it was the 'lose interest' part.

BTW, How can you cheat in this game?
Old June 24, 2002, 16:34   #7
Maniac

Develop some virus which automatically sends you all the diplomatic mail, and orders, of all other players. Now you know how I won this game.