View Poll Results: What should we do with the story contest while I'm gone?
Option 1: 2-3 prelims when i return 2 11.76%
Option 2: 1 big prelim when i get back 3 17.65%
Option 3: Have someone else run it 9 52.94%
Other/Banana 3 17.65%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 23, 2002, 13:38   #1
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 21:06
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I'm leaving
Friday night I am going to Utah without computers, and I will return the 10th. In all NESs my nation will be involved in very long civil wars and will not participate in international politics. What should we do about the story contest while I'm gone?
1. Keep making nominations and then just launch 2-3 preliminary rounds when I get back.
2. Same as 1, but just have 1 big 12 or 16 story pelim. I don't like this because these stories unfairly have to compete with more than those in the normal contests do.
3. Have civman teach the magic of running the contest to someone else who can run it until he returns.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old June 23, 2002, 13:40   #2
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

oh, and the poll closes wednesday

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old June 23, 2002, 14:35   #3
civman2000
Emperor

If you vote for option3 or other, specify who/what.

Old June 23, 2002, 22:57   #4
civman2000
Emperor

Any volunteers for running it? It's more somplicated than it might seem...

Old June 24, 2002, 04:15   #5
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Local Time: 22:06
Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
I'd run it but I'm outta town right now
Old June 24, 2002, 05:36   #6
beno
Civilization III Democracy GameMac
Chieftain

Local Time: 03:06
Local Date: November 1, 2010
lots of people seem to want someone else to run it - but no-one is stepping forward... including myself, I'm afraid. I have a mac goddamnit! I don't understand this techie mumbo jumbo!
If no-one steps forward - you might just have to pick up the pieces when you get back, civdude. Take Utah by storm
Old June 24, 2002, 07:26   #7
civman2000
Emperor

Yeah, in fact that's what I voted for because I knew it would be hard to get someone and then take a while to explain everything

Old June 24, 2002, 10:56   #8
cbraund
Prince

Hmm, how long are you out of town for? If it's just one contest, I don't mind helping out.

Chris
Old June 24, 2002, 10:58   #9
civman2000
Emperor

From Friday until the 10th. That will most likely be 2 contests if people start writing...

Old June 24, 2002, 11:09   #10
cbraund
Prince

That's fine by me, so long as by me running the contest "The World Goes MAD" is stopped from running.

Also, what is the state of the latest nominations/prelims/finals?

The latest finals I take it I will have to do nothing for?

And the latest prelims must just go to a final(of how many days) when they have finished?

And the latest noms must go to a prelim of how many days?(I know how many need to be seconded though).

And then a new nom thread must start.

Right, so long as the questions are answered, I think I can do it, so long as you want me to.

Chris
Old June 25, 2002, 09:08   #11
civman2000
Emperor

I'll pm it all to you this afternoon

Old June 25, 2002, 15:59   #12
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Local Time: 22:06
Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
(_8(|) Homer, Homer Simpson, he's the greatest guy in history.
From the, town of springfield, he's about to hit a chestnut tree.

-homer