Old July 8, 2002, 20:27   #61
Thoth
King

Local Time: 23:07
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Here we go...........

1792: Mongols develop magnetism. Superhighways in River City, Library next. North Star finishes University, Freight next. Special One builds a Gems freight, Mass Transit next.
We develop Leadership. Tactics next. Pollution near Lost Souls. First Blood builds a Factory, begins a Mass Transit. Pollution near First Blood.

Gems from Special One to First Blood (d) 283g. 100g hut. Gold from Mar Del Plata to Laketown (d) 210g. Oil from Go Ye Forth to River City (d) 276g, Dye from Sherwood to DavyJonesLocker 104g.

University in Lost Souls rushed, Libraries in: Hutton, DavyJonesLocker, Southern Harbor

1794: More rushbuilding, Capua bribed from the Mongols for 384g. 49g captured.

1796: Celts land near Celtic Gate. We rebuff the Celtic ambassador, our Senate supports the war effort. Tactics. Mobile Warfare next.

Silk from Haiga Triada to Mar Del Plata (d) 258 g.

1798: Celtic Musketmen die a sad and sorry death charging our riflemen in Celtic Wall.

1800: Mobile Warfare. Genetic Engineering (CFC) next. Coal (d) North Fen to Mar Del Plata 255g, Oil (d) Ahab to First Blood 315g, Oil (d) North Star to River City 664g , Beads (d) Lost Souls to Royale Les Eaux 190g,

1802: We rebuff a Mongol embassy. The war continues. Airport in Celtic Wall and Mar Del Plata,

1804: Cure for Cancer rushed in Hot Springs. Our raiding party of partisans arrives at the Mongol homeland and begins earning their keep.

1806: We discover Fundamentalism, and begin researching Machine Tools. Oil from Over The Moon to First Blood 280g, Kazan bribed for 916g (Granary, Marketplace, Library and Colloseum, plus two musketmen and a settler) 68g and a vet spy in addition.

1808: Our Senate signs a cease fire with the Mongols. Machine Tools. Advanced Flight next.

Oil from Bulwark to First Blood 374g, Coal from Lucky Lake to Mar Del Plata 267g, Oil from Rising Moon to First Blood 338g

1810: WLTK all over.

1812: Advanced Flight. Miniturization next.

Most of our cities are in WLTK day. There are a couple near the bottom of the list that will need their Marketplaces bought this turn in order to grow. I think a few more turns of growth should leave us in excellent shape for a celebrating Fundy switch. We should have miniturization this turn, which will open up Computers (SETI) to soften the science penalty if we decide to keep researching. I've rushbuilt a few Libraries, Mass Transits and Marketplaces along the way. If we put Offshore Platforms into all of our home cities we'll have the production potential to crush the AI like a bug.
Old July 8, 2002, 20:30   #62
Thoth
King

ooops. Forgot the savegame.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip ap1812.zip (47.7 KB, 2 views)
Old July 9, 2002, 04:28   #63
Julius Brenzaida
King

Local Time: 03:07
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Location: Currently cleaning the 9000 rooms of Sticky Mouse's Palace
I have downloaded and will play in the coming days
I am quite busy right now and this one is moving fast as it is only 4 players
Old July 12, 2002, 16:40   #64
Julius Brenzaida
King

1812 ad. Some rushbuilding, as hinted by Thot.
1814 ad. We discover Miniaturization. I slow down science to rushbuild more infrastructures quickly. Cardigan captured. Olafsvik founded.
1816 ad. Mongols declare war. Senate forces us to make peace with Celts.
1818-20-22 ad. Lot of rushbuilding, some trading We discover Computers, Robotics next. I wonder if we really need Seti. I start building it anyway.
1824-26 ad. Population exceeds 39’000’000 !
Old July 12, 2002, 16:45   #65
Julius Brenzaida
King

A transport with spies and armors is headed to the Celt main continent. Some ships in every direction. Our partisans brought there by my predecessors are pillaging Mongol territory, many “warriors of the steps” die trying to stop them. Some more infrastructure must be build. And then it should be the joy of “seek and destroy”, with many howitzers and spies put in transports and headed to the right direction, thanks to the scouting of our ships. We’re way ahead in technology, maybe we can build Apollo safely to find them more quickly.
Old July 12, 2002, 16:56   #66
Julius Brenzaida
King

Sorry I couldn’t play more than 8 turns this evening. And I’ve held the game for long enough ! Here is the saved game. (I was forgetting it !)
Attached Files:
File Type: zip tot1826.zip (49.1 KB, 2 views)
Old July 12, 2002, 17:22   #67
LDiCesare
GalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Local Time: 05:07
I think it is my turn now. I download and will play tonight or tomorrow.
Old July 12, 2002, 19:56   #68
LDiCesare
Emperor

Celtic war
Her I went:
1828 Hut 100 gold. Some rushbuying.

1830 Robotics found. Rocketry next. Airport in River City (one on each major landmass). Howitzer production started.
I asked the celts to withdraw their troops from our territory. Considering they have no troops, they felt offended and declared war. Oh, a nice casus belli for our tanks and spies . Caernarfon taken. The senate immediately insists on a cease fire!

1832 More supermarkets and WLTPD. I am beginning to place our transport in position so they can carry an invasion force in one turn to the enemies land. They can get us up to Celtic Gate, but no more. We need airports or more transports.

1834 Vikings discover Democracy, start building SoL and are almost done, all in one turn! Damn! To SoL or not to SoL, that is the question. We can go fundy without it, so why bother? I will leave it to someone who knows Oedo years better than I , though. So I leave SoL to the vikings and finish SETI. Lowering taxes a bit. I don't need the money now and want Aegis cruisers soon.

1836 Yarrow builds SoL. Rocketry, Space Flight next. Celtic Scourge found in a hut on the way to celtic lands.

1838 SETI built. We could have one tech per turn if we wanted! We have all our time, anyway, the only things worth researching left being stealth figthers. On the other side, we need strong technology, as our spies spot a powerful chariot near Carmarthen . What if it came and attacked our poor armors in Caernarfon?
Another advanced tribe near Celtic Scourge: More lucky huts!
Food caravan to First Blood to stop it from starving.
Eek! Loaded celtic caravel sighted near Celtic Gate. Aegis cruiser rushed in Celtic Fence. A tank and a howie defend Royale les eaux just in case.
Vikings switch to fundie.

1840 Space Flight. Plastics next. Airport is being built in Caernarfon to avoid any sea related problem in our future troop deployment.

1842 The Aztecs impress the whole modern world with their astounding discovery: Monarchy. We all gape in awe.

1844 Plastics. Atomic Theory next. Corrupted Rhymney for 467 x2 gold. It was in civil disorder, I couldn't resist. I would have bribed the northern celtic isle too, but I didn't want to run low on money.

1846 Celtic caravel found. It now lurks near More lucky huts. Armies are brought around it just in case something dangerous pops out of it. Atomic Theory. Nuclear fission next.

1848 Mongols talk to us. The senate is firm, and our partisans can continue killing every settler and engineer in sight. Celts declare war again! :b Yipee, I managed to piss them off again by asking to withdraw every turn with no troops in sight! I mustn't talk to them now... Caravel sunk with 3 aboard, plus another one. Carmarthen bribed for 987 gold. Merthyr taken. Armagh taken.

I should probably have turned fundy. Well, I will leave that pleasure to STYOM or whoever comes next. Many cities have had their lot of entertainers in order to maintain growth through WLTP, I didn't check them all the last turn. We have quite good infrastructure. We probably need more ships, and I have set up a line of 7-squares apart transports to carry troops in one turn from the mainland to Celtic Wall area. Airports can help, too. The celts are being butchered easily, but we should get rid of them before landing in Mongol land. I wouldn't want them in our back while we fight the mongols. We must beware celtic caravels and mongol ships.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip tot1848.zip (49.8 KB, 2 views)
Old July 12, 2002, 20:50   #69
Six Thousand Year Old Man
Civilization II Succession Games
King

Local Time: 22:07
OK, I see it. Nice work guys ... especially in light of what my plan is for my turns

I will download and play - right after I play my turns in the Mad game

STYOM

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)
Old July 13, 2002, 13:56   #70
King

President STYOM once again is democratically chosen to lead the Apolytoners in war. Sadly for the democrats, this may be the last election in some time. STYOM has been attending chapel in Safe Haven, and suddenly it all makes sense

His thoughts on taking power:
1) Turn science down. Why do we need nuclear fission? All that does is allow our enemies a chance to later steal it and Rocketry... and then...
2) Build up cash and military. This means more high-production cities, and some airports near the front.
3) Save Apollo for a point in the game where the enemy has few cities left. There's a danger of building it too early, and then not being able to find small cities founded after Apollo.
4) Build some aircraft! They can help us locate cities and fighters do quite well against older AI units...

1848: Taxes changed to 7.3.0. Most Eins changed to Taxmen. Oedo year is 1851, so there's no point in starting any celebrations at this point (we revolt next year). Some rushbuilding in the homeland.

1850: Revolution. More rushing. Kells is incited to revolt. Ship chain sails.

1851: Fundamentalism formed. Luxuries set at 6.4.0 to keep celebrating.
Dinas Powys revolts. Celts offer peace - we refuse
Libraries sold - 1200 g.
Gold NorthStar>DavyJones 242g.

1852: Aztecs switch to Monarchy. Oooh, good idea.
Universities sold, 800g.
Dinas Emrys captured, 35g.

1853: Celt chariot heroically attacks our Armor north of Merthyr. "Ben Hur" meets "The Desert Fox". Not pretty.
Library rebuilt in Mar Del Plata.
Rhondda sacked, 67 g.
Cardiff sacked, 43 g.

1854: WestShore>NorthStar Oil, 318g.
Celts move capital to Abergavenny

1855: NorthFen>MarDelPlata Salt, 110g
Rhayader captured, 36g.
RoyaleWithChees founded.

1856: Neath captured, 19g.
Invasion fleet lands in Mongol homeland.

1857: Tabriz captured. We rebuff their emissary
Priestson'Roids founded.
Aleppo revolts to our cause. Ooo, Eiffel Tower.

1858: Laketown>FirstBlood Wool, 85g.
Celtic city W of Neath destroyed.
SmallLake>Bokhara Hides, 138g
Samarkand captured, 115 g.
Bokhara captured, 98 g.

1859: Durrow revolts to our cause.
Gift techs to the Aztecs. Hey, they're now size 3!

Grand Druid STYOM retires to the monastery newly constructed near West Point, to dream of further conquests, as our ships draw ever closer to the English and Celtic lands.

Well, the worst part of this war is getting troops to the front! We have several Howitzers poised to overrun the remaining Mongol cities on their mainland, and an Carrier (always wanted to build one of those - cool sprite ), AEGIS and loaded transport headed for the English. Armors roam the Celt countryside and some cruisers are searching for isolated Celt cities.

STYOM
Attached Files:
File Type: zip ap_a1859.zip (53.2 KB, 3 views)

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Last edited by Six Thousand Year Old Man; July 13, 2002 at 14:02.
Old July 14, 2002, 08:16   #71
Thoth
King

Save d/led. Should have the results in a day or so.
Old July 18, 2002, 04:29   #72
LDiCesare
Emperor

(bump)
Thoth? Any problem?
Old July 18, 2002, 10:18   #73
King

This game is probably a real monster by now.

Thoth, can you give us a status report - just so we know not to pass your turns to anyone else?

Old July 19, 2002, 06:04   #74
Thoth
King

Sorry folks, life has gotten in the way of Civing. I'll be able to play Sunday. If anyone wants to grab the save and play before me, go ahead, and I'll jump in afterwards.
Old July 22, 2002, 05:26   #75
Thoth
King

Just a quick update:

I'm working away at my turns, should have a save file and log to post by tonight.
Old July 24, 2002, 19:00   #76
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Thoth
Just a quick update:

I'm working away at my turns, should have a save file and log to post by tonight.
*COUGH* *COUGH*

Update please Thoth?

Old July 26, 2002, 16:12   #77
King

OK then...
Thoth... if you can see this post what you have tonight please. Not to be a hard*ss about this, but it's been several days now. Time to pass it on.

Julius you are next - please play over the weekend if possible. If you are caught up in the Sticky Mouse Rep game, please say so and LDiCesare can jump in.

Let's keep it moving folks... rule of thumb is to play as many turns as you can over 4 days and then upload your save.

reposted:
1. STYOM
2. Thoth
3. Julius Brenzaida - next to play
4. LDiCesare
5. newcomers still welcome

Old July 26, 2002, 16:44   #78
Julius Brenzaida
King

As I have the sticky mouse on hand and I was already forgetting the amnesic one, I won't be able to play this one until, I think, next monday
It should leave some more time for Thot
Otherwise, if DiCaesare want to go ahead of me, I don't see no problem, as long as he leaves me some units to kill
Old July 26, 2002, 16:58   #79
King

OK, LDiCesare, you're up (if you can play this weekend), otherwise Julius can go on Monday.

Please use the 1859 save on the last page if Thoth doesn't post a save in the next few hours.

Old July 26, 2002, 18:32   #80
Thoth
King

My deepest apologies for not posting sooner. Life has gotten very busy of late, and I fear I must bow out of this game. I won't have any free time for the next couple of weeks, so best of luck with the endgame.
Old July 26, 2002, 19:35   #81
LDiCesare
Emperor

OK then. I will download and play after I get some sleep. Should be posted within 24hours.
Old July 26, 2002, 19:39   #82
King

Sorry to hear that, Thoth... let us know if your time opens up and you can rejoin

Old July 26, 2002, 23:09   #83
LDiCesare
Emperor

1859 - switched 2 temple productions to aqueduct and marketplace. We are in Fundy!
1860 - Tara plundered 43 gold. Sunk boat + 3 units near Tabriz. Bribed Nishapur + 1 engineer for 1600 gold (we have 11000+). Karakorum taken, Mongol government flees to Ormuz. Bought an airport in Kells so we can send troops from there to useful places faster.
1861 - 2 barb leaders in Rising Sun for 300 gold, city retaken and cleared. More airports rushed. Airport = veteran fighters! Same as clads but with 10 move! Kashgar taken. Mongols ask for Advanced Flight !
1862 - Ormuz taken. Mongol mainland is now ours. Llanelli + 1 settler for 196 gold. I wish I had paratroops but I guess we'd as well do without. Cremona (mongol) taken south of Llanelli (on an island south of Tara). More cash founded. Nowhere found in a hut. Trying to spend money on some buildings and rushbuying a few units to attack mongol cities.
1863 - Mongol capital moved to Shangtu, near Cremona... Shangtu taken. Abergavenny taken. Quinsay taken.
1864 - Nothing of interest. Preparing bombing + assault of south Mongolia.
1865 - Khanbalyk taken. Kerman taken.
1866 - Nuclear fission found... Where do the beakers come from? Amphibious warfare researched. Well, given the research rate, teh game will be over before. Kabul taken. Cunaxa taken. Sighted celt settler and fortifications in a far north island. There must be a city around there. Iona taken.
1867 - Illauntanig bribed for 720 gold. Naples taken. Khorasan bribed for 345 gold. Celts and mongols share a big continent on which we have footholds south and north. It is near the Aztecs, too.
1868 - Basra taken. Aberyswyth taken. Shining Sun founded. Issus taken. Turin taken. Cork taken.
1869 - Caerphily bribed. Swansea taken.
1870 - Tintagel taken. Llangollen taken. Ibabanago raised.

Celts have only one city left, somewhere in the north. There is an Aefis cruiser not far where it is supposed to be. Check the fortresses.
Mongols have one city left, which should fall within 2 turns as lots of tanks, a cavalry, a spy, howitzers rush towards it, supported by 2 ships which bombard its defenders into dust.
Aztecs have only one city left too, but that is no great news.
We have a few troops in zulu territory. Once a city is conquered, our huge treasury (27160 gold) should allow airport then one bomber per turn thus easy conquest. Another fleet with very few troops but lots of planes is on its way too. Beware, don't lose the scouting bombers, move them home to the carrier first. Other land transports are on their way a little bit everywhere on the globe. Most of the troops on the west front (Mongols/Celts/Aztecs) are pretty far from the rest, but maybe they can sail on to catch vikings and/or english. We have an empty transport near the vikings. It is unfortunate that I lost the diplomat aboard to the zulus en route near Swazi. Nowhere is the city nearest to the operations, but it is not a harbor and it is still pretty far away. An engineer is nearby though.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip tot1870.zip (55.4 KB, 2 views)
Old July 26, 2002, 23:24   #84
King

Nice work on 3 1/2 hours sleep LDiCesare

Old July 27, 2002, 04:46   #85
LDiCesare
Emperor

Well, actually I didn't sleep. I was afraid I could forget the game this morning.
I think it might have been a better idea to research nuclear power to increase ship speed. I also wanted to nail one civ before I stopped, but it would have been too long.
Julius, there are still a few units to kill, but mostly the war will be with the zulus. I somehow feel the Aztecs won't prove to be a great challenge. You will have to tidy up all the transports that are scattered in the western seas. Some were used to explore, most as ship chains which were disrupted as I realized I was going to gonquer an island before the ships would reach it so they changed route... It needs some tidying up, but I didn't feel like I could do it yesterday... uh... this morning.
Old July 29, 2002, 17:58   #86
King

Julius, are you still able to go in for the kill this week?
I know you said Monday but there are no downloads yet

Nice work LDiCesare (from the log; as mentioned I didn't download). Don't worry about the ship chains - at this stage of the game it's probably easier to buy the units at the front lines, rather than build then and send them on an unending ship chain... by the time the chain reaches the front, the front has moved and we need to add ships to the chain! Another gigamap hazard.

This might be a good time to build Apollo to find those tiny lost cities.

Old July 30, 2002, 02:32   #87
Julius Brenzaida
King

I've finished yesterday the Sticky Mouse one and I have just downloaded this one
My "killing" turns will be played this week
Old August 2, 2002, 06:27   #88
Julius Brenzaida
King

A quick update :
I am slowly playing.
I will post what I have been able to play this sunday
The war is going very well
Old August 2, 2002, 14:58   #89
LDiCesare
Emperor

Go ahead, Julius, find those pesky celts, and show the zulus who is the mightiest civ!
Old August 4, 2002, 17:35   #90
Julius Brenzaida
King

1871 ad. We switch science high. Nuclear power and its movement bonus for our ships could be a real boost. Combined Weapons could we welcome too. No time to stop science yet. Trade Heaven founded around 1 spice and 3 silks. Many transports are assembled with many weapons. I have the feeling we won’t use them all as the ennemy civs look much weaker than us. The real question is how fast we can reach them.
1872 ad. Apollo Program. We now see the whole map. As we have some moves to do before getting to the ennemy, I decide to trust the “go to” command a lot, before going mad. Even this way it should take about an hour for a turn ! We capture Technochlitan and the Aztecs are no more. We capture Cannae and the Mongols are no more. We capture Ngome.
1873 ad. We capture Mpondo …