Old June 24, 2002, 14:04   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 21:09
Local Date: October 31, 2010
From a concerned citizen.
I have only recently joined here. But, I joined with a vision in mind.

Recently, I have become concerned for this nation, however. Disturbing signs are now comming into focus. Parties have been formed, this can be a good thing, if handled correctly. I, myself, am a member of the Hawk Party while writing this. However, these very parties are what now threaten our nation. They are driving a wedge between us. Creating rivalries.

We can do better! There are many roads that can lead us from this Jungle and into history. We are blessed with brilliant people who can see each of these paths. However, we must also remember that although we may not agree, we have no right to say that another path is wrong!

"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. "
-Dale Carnegie

I call for all citizens to make a stand! Stop criticizing the opposing view! Make SUGGESTIONS on how to improve an idea, DO NOT focus on flaws.

I call for all parties to make a stand! Stop condemning the opposing views. They have a right to their view, allow them to promote it in peace. State your own view, but DO NOT TEAR DOWN others.

We can make this nation great. We can make this game fun for all! Let us put aside our differences, boulster each other's ideas, and refrain from petty squables within!

REMEBER, in the end we are all after the same goals. Let us band together, maximize our potential, and bring this nation from the depths of this Jungle and to the forefront of the WORLD!!!

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old June 24, 2002, 14:10   #2
iain
Settler

Local Time: 03:09
Local Date: November 1, 2010
i could not agree more, diversity in opinion is what makes this nation great, as i proud member of the hawk party i take back my earlier comment about tree hugging hippies. Maybe i`m becoming more liberal.
Old June 24, 2002, 18:11   #3
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

! I've been trying to do this though not completely succeeding (though in the chat room with fellow party members i can make more promise )

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old June 24, 2002, 18:20   #4
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Local Time: 23:09

we all must make compromises.
Old June 24, 2002, 18:47   #5
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I propose the creation of the Coalition Against Partisan National Domination (CAPND) (if anyone has a better name please propose it). It is not a party, and is completely nonpartisan. Its goal is not to destroy parties or partisan politics, but rather to ensure that independents have a chance and that parties do not control every aspect of the game. We oppose the current suggestions in this thread.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old June 24, 2002, 18:57   #6
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 22:09
Civman2000, i'll sign to that!
Old June 24, 2002, 19:07   #7
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 23:09

Be nice.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old June 24, 2002, 19:44   #8
Jethro83
Prince

Local Time: 13:09

The Middle Path always works best.
Old June 25, 2002, 05:58   #9
Sirotnikov
DiplomacyApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 05:09
The middle east always.... nevermind

(joke)

I agree
Old June 25, 2002, 06:53   #10
Wojit
GalCiv Apolyton Empire
Chieftain

Local Time: 13:09
Quote:
Originally posted by civman2000
We oppose the current suggestions in this thread.
Excuse me if I'm mistaken Sirotnikov, but are you not the one who suggested the current suggestions in this thread?
Old June 25, 2002, 06:54   #11
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 05:09
Quote:
Originally posted by Sirotnikov

I agree
Me too.
Old June 25, 2002, 09:37   #12
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Civman, I am interested in hearing more on your idea there. The biggest problem I can see with parties is if one became so powerful as to win all elections, we may see a decline in citizens.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby