Old July 22, 2002, 18:59   #91
jnc852
Settler

Local Time: 20:11
Local Date: October 31, 2010
hmm, some of my thoughts were:

1.) Advance warning that other civs are about to complete a wonder

2.) Sentry? I liked it when my units would respond to enemy activity.

3.) Goto.....and then select city out of list instead of from the map. (I'm a keyboard junky....)

4.) Mining on a grassland without any resources? How does that work? Apparently we mine dirt.

5.) What happened to all the city improvements and units? Now there's just the core stuff. Almost seems like a huge step back to Civ 1 from Civ 2.

6.) Realistic terraforming would kick no terraforming's ass.

7.) Being able to control the water vs land percentage (not just the size of continents) would be nice.

8.) It would be nice if the top and bottom (arctic regions) would count as coasts for exploration with galleys.

9.) The use of unions would be a nice implementation.

10.) Is it just me or did every one else seem to go from archers and pikemen straight to panzers?

11.) What happened to Fundamentalism? That kicked ass when you didn't need any more future tech.

12.) Definately need a summary of events after a turn. The events/news flashes go by so quickly and then you gotta search for what happened where.

13.) Why do the other civs never have any money? I would like to squeeze them for cash, but they never have any. : (

14.) Multiple cities working on the same wonder (as a backup)

15.) Extend the 2050 end date (tooooo short)

16.) How about a highway in addition to roads and railroad? I think the use of railroads everywhere needs to be rethought.

17.) When's the last time a swordsman was able to defeat a mech inf? I almost died laughing.

18.) Destroying a capital city used to have REAL consequences and was therefore a target in the previous civs....I miss the revolutions and loss of palaces).

19.) The use of espionage needs to be cheaper and have more options. I think the game-writers missed the boat here. More espionage happens than any other type of tactic in real life.

20.) A little too much dependance on direct access to resources, me thinks. Meh....maybe not.

Anyways.....long story short:

Civ 2 was better. I'm tempted to go back.

jnc852@hotmail.com
Old July 22, 2002, 19:06   #92
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 03:11
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by jnc852
hmm, some of my thoughts were:

1.) Advance warning that other civs are about to complete a wonder

2.) Sentry? I liked it when my units would respond to enemy activity.

3.) Goto.....and then select city out of list instead of from the map. (I'm a keyboard junky....)

4.) Mining on a grassland without any resources? How does that work? Apparently we mine dirt.

5.) What happened to all the city improvements and units? Now there's just the core stuff. Almost seems like a huge step back to Civ 1 from Civ 2.

6.) Realistic terraforming would kick no terraforming's ass.

7.) Being able to control the water vs land percentage (not just the size of continents) would be nice.

8.) It would be nice if the top and bottom (arctic regions) would count as coasts for exploration with galleys.

9.) The use of unions would be a nice implementation.

10.) Is it just me or did every one else seem to go from archers and pikemen straight to panzers?

11.) What happened to Fundamentalism? That kicked ass when you didn't need any more future tech.

12.) Definately need a summary of events after a turn. The events/news flashes go by so quickly and then you gotta search for what happened where.

13.) Why do the other civs never have any money? I would like to squeeze them for cash, but they never have any. : (

14.) Multiple cities working on the same wonder (as a backup)

15.) Extend the 2050 end date (tooooo short)

16.) How about a highway in addition to roads and railroad? I think the use of railroads everywhere needs to be rethought.

17.) When's the last time a swordsman was able to defeat a mech inf? I almost died laughing.

18.) Destroying a capital city used to have REAL consequences and was therefore a target in the previous civs....I miss the revolutions and loss of palaces).

19.) The use of espionage needs to be cheaper and have more options. I think the game-writers missed the boat here. More espionage happens than any other type of tactic in real life.

20.) A little too much dependance on direct access to resources, me thinks. Meh....maybe not.

Anyways.....long story short:

Civ 2 was better. I'm tempted to go back.

jnc852@hotmail.com
Um....if you dont like Civ3, then go back to Civ2. Don't troll the Civ3 forums.

Old July 23, 2002, 02:00   #93
InquisitorSteel
Settler

Local Time: 13:11
I apologize in advance if my points have been repeated or do not belong directly under this thread.

My wish list items relate to the editor (after 1.29 patch) and include the following:

1. Ability to mark cities as objectives (even if it is at the simplest level)

2. Flat maps (probably been mentioned a thousand times)

3. Ability to disable destroying cities all together when at strength one. This is important when you have alrge battles that involve heavy artillery reducing the city to nothing and then capturing it.

4. Being promted for a city name (with suggested auto name fllied in) when placing a city on map rather than having to place, right click and so on.

5. Is there a possibility of adding simple triggers down the track?

However, I am happy overall with the game and the additions being made by Firaxis and the Civ community.
Old July 23, 2002, 03:19   #94
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 14:11
Quote:
You can do this already.

Quote:
They ditched it because it was grossly unbalanced.

Quote:
13.) Why do the other civs never have any money? I would like to squeeze them for cash, but they never have any.
They spend it all on science. They seem to miss the significance of the 40-turn cap.