Old June 26, 2002, 20:24   #31
Kuciwalker
Deity

Local Time: 23:14
Local Date: October 31, 2010
We know that France has one city and where, and we know where they soon will have another city. We don't know where the two American cities are, but we're pretty sure where New York is.
Old June 26, 2002, 20:30   #32
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 22:14
Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker
We know that France has one city and where, and we know where they soon will have another city. We don't know where the two American cities are, but we're pretty sure where New York is.
thats definately where NY is.
Old June 27, 2002, 00:16   #33
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
Why do we suspect the location of Orleans? We have no idea of what lies beyond the mountains!!

Uno mas Warrior, por favor.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old June 27, 2002, 00:18   #34
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 22:14
Quote:
Originally posted by Theseus
Why do we suspect the location of Orleans? We have no idea of what lies beyond the mountains!!

Uno mas Warrior, por favor.
we saw a froggie settler move in that general direction. it caused skywalker to go insane, if you don't recall
Old June 27, 2002, 00:35   #35
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

I wasn;t involved until today.

Doesn't that potentially change Pink, dramatically?

If there's a settler in that immediate area, there will in all likelihood be a 1 pop city there by D-day... TARGET NUMERO UNO!!!

I would say 1) that argues for changing the build order to Archers first... no need for the protecting Spearman, and 2) Pink must be prioritized over Blue. If Orleans is 2 pop on arrival, and thus capturable, I would then change the build order to have a 2nd Spearman.

I still think one more Warrior would be good. In early warfare, I generally like to have a couple of extra Warriors out exploring and then returning to the scene of battle... control the high ground, gain situational awareness, and either distract / defend against some enemy units, or pick off the stray Worker. The current plan is a little light on the Warriors, methinks.

Last: In the Party wars, this is the "Skywalker ranting" I've seen references too? No surprise: consider me a Hawk.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Old June 27, 2002, 08:36   #36
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 04:14
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Theseus
If there's a settler in that immediate area, there will in all likelihood be a 1 pop city there by D-day... TARGET NUMERO UNO!!!
Why should a 1 pop city be target #1, which most likely will be autorazed? Isn't it better to go for the capital, which we can capture for sure, and on the way back clean that city site?
Old June 27, 2002, 09:32   #37
Theseus
Emperor

It will neveer reach pop2... it will be weakly defended... let's shoot for a promotion, and then heal on a mountain if need be.

And, if it ends up where Uber suspects, it's an insult!!

Old June 27, 2002, 09:44   #38
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 04:14
Local Date: November 1, 2010
And if it cost us 2 or 3 archers?
Old June 27, 2002, 13:08   #39
Theseus
Emperor

Valid point. You are correct, sir.