View Poll Results: Who should we attack? (unofficial)
France 33 58.93%
USA 15 26.79%
Give peace a chance, and have a banana! 8 14.29%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 1, 2002, 22:44   #31
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 21:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Well, sirs, I am still for striking America and taking down the real threat, but if it needs to be those silly, wacky Frogs (the Frenchman! She eat the snail!) then that's that. At least we'll come out with an empire out beyond this infernally hot jungle. Though I believe that we shall only have to destroy a much stronger American empire at some later date, I shall submit to the decision of the President, be it war on America or war on France. May God, and the banana, assist us in our glorious efforts. May the banana go before us, and resistance be in vain.

As for my honorable friend, Mr. Rat, though he is well meaning in his efforts, his planning is, I am sorry to say, flawed. Both of these target nations are more powerful than us already, and we must not under any circumstances give them half the chance to make ready the amount of men needed to destroy us, which they most likely would do if we sat back and made them angrier and angrier through diplomatic fencing matches such as you described. We must catch them when they least expect to be caught, and give them a good pummeling before they know what's what, and hopefully, we can take them down before they can do anything to help themselves. That, Mr. Rat, is the only way we can do this.
Old July 2, 2002, 07:12   #32
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 05:15
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I voted France, but l later changed my mind, I'll go for America...
Old July 2, 2002, 09:00   #33
Robber Baron
Prince

Local Time: 22:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
Well, sirs, I am still for striking America and taking down the real threat, but if it needs to be those silly, wacky Frogs (the Frenchman! She eat the snail!) then that's that. At least we'll come out with an empire out beyond this infernally hot jungle. Though I believe that we shall only have to destroy a much stronger American empire at some later date,
True, wise historian. Someday the Yankees will have to be dealt with. Right now, however, the French look like the more potent threat (better territory).
Old July 2, 2002, 16:12   #34
Lycastus
Settler

Local Time: 03:15
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Knowledge is power, our descisions must be backed up by knowledge.

We know some things, but not others. We don't know what France and America are like, so we shouldn't gamble by choosing between them.

However, we do know we are stuck in a bad situation in the jungle and need to expand, so we must build an army so that when we do find out which civ is the best choice we may pounce quickly.

We must be like the Lion, studying the herd carefully for a weakness and then striking quickly once it is found.

Eventually, though, I'm for taking them both!