Old June 26, 2002, 01:57   #1
Xin Yu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Local Time: 19:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Lazyciv Version 3 is available
To download, just follow the link in my signature at the bottom of this message.

In this version you can copy your end-of-last-turn production then paste it to beginning-of-this-turn game. Which means you don't need to use Lazyciv in the previous turn in order to keep production of this turn. Give it a try!

Also the program will double the amount of shields if the production was changed to a wonder by the AI. Don't know the effect yet but it shouldn't be a big issue since such things are rare.

This version is compatible with version 2. That is, all saved files under version 2 can be retrieved by version 3.

There are two zip files on my webpage, one for official MPE, another for customized MPE (i.e., the ones upgraded from 2.4.2 or tot).
Old June 26, 2002, 07:45   #2
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 13:15
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Xin, that works like a charm! Thanks a lot
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
Old June 26, 2002, 16:33   #3
klesh
King

Local Time: 23:15
Excellent Xin, Lazyciv just keeps getting better and better. Actually, I thought this was how it always was, with the bit about just cueing up an old save and going from there. This is just in time for me to use in TSFE. I have the feeling I will be loosing lots of cities soon, and cannot afford to lose that rushbuilt production. Again, badarse utility my friend.

Did your wife do well with her (was it?) Doctorate?

-FMK.
Old June 26, 2002, 17:55   #4
Xin Yu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
King

FMK, my wife is doing well in her Doctorate. She just left for Summer quarter yesterday and I finally got time to finish this program. I was hesitate to publish it since thre aren't many checks to prevent cheating (you can load or even fake any game and change the production to the current one). But if somebody wants to cheat he/she can find the way anyway, so why bother?
Old June 26, 2002, 18:28   #5
DarthVeda
Emperor

Local Time: 23:15
I don't think it's a good idea to even attempt to cheat in PBEM games... you'll probably be caught and it's a small civ world so you'll not find yourself in a game again
Old June 26, 2002, 19:12   #6
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 00:15
How does it work?
Old June 26, 2002, 20:02   #7
Xin Yu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
King

There is a readme file in the downloaded zip. Basically there are two ways to keep your production.

a) automatically keep production: launch Lazyciv every turn when you choose gender or name for your civ. Do not close Lazyciv before the end of your turn.

b) copy an existing saved file's production to the current game: load the existing save and launch Lazyciv, press the "copy" button once; then load the current game, press the "paste" button once. You are responsible for choosing the correct files. The result will be unpredictable if you choose a wrong save to copy.
Old June 26, 2002, 22:02   #8
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 00:15
Ok, sounds good. Thanks Xin.