Old June 26, 2002, 05:26   #1
Mercator
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 05:16
Local Date: November 1, 2010
MapEdit guinea pigs needed
I won't be sending out test versions of the new release this time, but I do need your help... The quicker you respond, the quicker MapEdit will be released.

I only need one thing (well, 3 things): Please send me your Mapedit installation logs (called st6unst.log, located in the MapEdit program folder). Along with that I want to know what Windows version you have (e.g. Win95, Win98, WinXP etc.), and whether this is the first MapEdit install (i.e. if you previously uninstalled and re-installed MapEdit or not).

Additionally, if no-one has uninstalled and re-installed MapEdit, would some of you be so kind to uninstall and re-install MapEdit, and send both installation logs (both from the first and second install). You won't need to remove the MapEdit registry settings in this case.

Send the log files + info to jorrit_v@hotmail.com (and mention MapEdit in the subject please).

Thanks a lot!
Old June 26, 2002, 11:04   #2
Mercator
Emperor

I want mail! Or don't you (everyone except Case) want the new MapEdit?

Or are you going to send it over tomorrow as a birthday gift?
Old June 26, 2002, 14:12   #3
techumseh
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 21:16
Local Date: October 31, 2010
OK, I'll dig 'em out and send them on. I've used MapEdit recently on a gigamap of the world which I got from Curt Sibling's Dictator 2. But it won't load the map file and says not in standard Civ2 format, or something like that. I thought Map Edit was designed for gigamaps, no?
Old June 26, 2002, 16:11   #4
Mercator
Emperor

Have you specified a path for your Civ2 executable?

MapEdit will only eat gigamaps if you have specified the civ2 path and set the version to multiplayer/test of time. This is just a little safeguard to prevent the "laymen" from trying out gigamaps on their pre-MGE Civ2.
Old June 26, 2002, 16:30   #5
Mercator
Emperor

Thanks for the log by the way (and thanks to the other two, you know who you are )...

And thanks for the reminder, I'll make those error messages a little more informative.