Old June 29, 2002, 22:29   #31
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 14:16
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
I think the AI knows who the nationality is of the hidden unit myself. In one of my mods, I set the regular submarine to have hidden nationality. It works, no mil. advisor warning me or anything. But the civ I attack gets mad after a while, and starts to declare war in a while.

Of course this could be due a little bug with hidden subs, their color may be white, but turn on the unit circles and you'll see the color of the nationality.
Actually I think it's quite easy for even a human player to know who owns a Hidden Nationality unit. Just note who it stacks with.
Old June 30, 2002, 01:33   #32
Venger
King

Local Time: 21:16
Local Date: October 31, 2010
There is no reason to assume the AI -MUST- know where all your units are - the AI subroutine is separate from other game handling functions. The AI decision/knowledge pool should be a separate pool for each Civ if done properly.

Just because the game knows you have X units in city Y, doesn't mean the AI subroutine needs to know - when it decides during a war where to exploit, it should check it's map and city list, and evaluate each - location, size, and unit defense information. This data comes from each Civs knowledge pool - as it explores the map, it adds to the pool. If it wants to know how many units are in a city that it has never seen before, it should either have to use a spy, or watch the city in question (units going in are fuzzy noted) or simply make a functional estimate based on some assumptions (small city size tends to mean fewer units, new city tends to mean fewer units, etc.).

There is no reason that the AI routine has to use the games overall data pool...

Venger
Old June 30, 2002, 06:10   #33
Prince
Chieftain

Local Time: 04:16
Local Date: November 1, 2010
It doesn't really bother me much. In fact, trading with other civs for world maps can be a real help when locating barbarian villages They know them all