Old June 26, 2002, 13:48   #1
miccofl
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 22:17
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Lazy bug???
While giving unit orders every few turns a unit will take it’s orders, execute it’s orders and then just sit there with it’s little white wheel flashing and spinning. Keyboard commands cease to function and button commands display but do nothing. It is possible to activate a different unit but it does nothing. I can move anywhere on the screen, view cities and the civelopedia etc. but very little else. It is possible to save the game with the button (top left) and then re-load the game but about 50% of the time it will cause the game to crash (error in Civilization3.exe) and a reboot and restart only puts this frustrating glitch off for a few turns. While I am using custom units, they were all tested glitch free in previous games – I was going for a conquest victory with this one. Unless this was caused by only allowing for a conquest victory in setup… Has anyone else seen this problem, or know of a fix?
Old June 26, 2002, 14:40   #2
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Local Time: 23:17
I've encountered this before and I don't know what causes it. Sometimes it just happens. If you wait long enough (sometimes several minutes), the game will snap back into action. I've had it happen as I was killing time viewing cities and advisor screens. All of a sudden *poof* I'm back to a highlighted unit, ready to receive orders. Wierd.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old June 27, 2002, 09:06   #3
miccofl
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 22:17
Thanks, I was about ready to reload and repatch.