Old June 27, 2002, 19:54   #31
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 23:21
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
I have heard wild tales of some Greek proposing the existence of these things called 'atoms'. Who knows, maybe they will develop nukes very soon and if we contact them they will sell us the technology.

I wouldn't count on it though. All wise cats know that the 4 elements make up everything in the world. I don't see what use Jupiter would have for 'atoms'.
You never know, we could find Fission in a goody hut.
Old June 27, 2002, 20:14   #32
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 22:21
Quote:
Originally posted by NYE
I wouldn't count on it though. All wise cats know that the 4 elements make up everything in the world. I don't see what use Jupiter would have for 'atoms'
I agree with NYE. We shouldnt go disobeying the gods and talking blasphemous about "atoms". Maybe harnessing the powers of fire and water.. into a single power.. now that might be interesting. I say if we succeed.. we call it.. FATER!
Old June 27, 2002, 20:31   #33
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

It's........

THE CHRONO CROSS!!!!

Old June 27, 2002, 22:11   #34
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

While a peaceful coexistence with the nations near us would be nice. the sad fact is that due to our starting position the options available to us are the following.
1) Launch an invasion of another nation and try to take one or 2 cities or
2) Try to expand in our area and then build defensive units and cultural buildings
While the 1st options has an element of risk, there is a fair chance of sucess(particularly if we ally with another nation).
The 2nd option could work if we had good land to work with and some buffer between us and our neighbors. however we do not, and any attempt to settler first would lead us to have a few low productions cities in a nation surrounded by other nations that would have a greater production ability(not to mention the ai advantages) per city and more cities on top of that. That option could only lead to defeat. Thus the only real option is #1
Aggie
Old June 27, 2002, 23:14   #35
Andreiguy
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Because our only resource is the Holy Banana and we are stuck in a this cursed jungle, we are forced to take over what is rightfully ours - the mountains and fields of France, which the gods obviously granted to us as a substitute for nuclear technology.

Which reminds me, where is our science minister when you need him?
Old June 28, 2002, 02:11   #36
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
Look, I'd like to settle this thing.

France has:
Decent land
Wines connected
Mountains / hills
A future Sinead O'Connor

America is unkown, but seemingly not as attrative.

We can attack or not... I think we must, or we have no long-term chance.

Just do it.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old June 28, 2002, 06:53   #37
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 05:21
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Re: Re: Re: To Apolytonia-Treatise in rebuttal of Case Pink
Quote:
Originally posted by jdjdjd

Or you can build a worker and send him to cut through jungle to yield some additional shields to get rid of the useless entertainer.

Ummm... clearing jungle does not yield any shields...
Clearing forest does...
Old June 28, 2002, 07:30   #38
Kuciwalker
Deity

I know! Let's sell our bananas for gold and resources, and use the gold to rush-buy a huge army and tech from other nations.
Old June 28, 2002, 09:12   #39
jdjdjd
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker
I prefer writing brief responses rather than long ones. It takes far less time.
Only when you think and write at the same time. I try not to mix the two.
Old June 28, 2002, 09:23   #40
jdjdjd
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker
If we attack, we have a chance of losing.

If we do not attack, we have a FAR GREATER chance of losing.

Which would you prefer?
Clicking "Quick Start". You?
Old June 28, 2002, 09:37   #41
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

jdjdjd

I have sent my kitty. Hopefully she finds you well. I must run now, only taking 6 votes in the election.... I will meet you in the mountains outside of france. In the package tied onto kitty tail you will find the chocolate (I had to sneak into ubers command tent to find it - hope he doesn't notice it's missing), the nylons (including a coupe of fish net ya ya ya!!!) and the jerkey. Also included are a couple of disposable razors as I have heard that although the french women are, shall we say friendly, thay are also in many cases as hairy as your monkeys because they do not shave their pits. This is just rumor mind you and you will soon know more about this than I do. I must run now. See ya soon.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old June 28, 2002, 09:40   #42
jdjdjd
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
jdjdjd

I have sent my kitty. Hopefully she finds you well. I must run now, only taking 6 votes in the election.... I will meet you in the mountains outside of france. In the package tied onto kitty tail you will find the chocolate (I had to sneak into ubers command tent to find it - hope he doesn't notice it's missing), the nylons (including a coupe of fish net ya ya ya!!!) and the jerkey. Also included are a couple of disposable razors as I have heard that although the french women are, shall we say friendly, thay are also in many cases as hairy as your monkeys because they do not shave their pits. This is just rumor mind you and you will soon know more about this than I do. I must run now. See ya soon.
I hope those were'nt Uber's stockings as well, I've heard some rumors, ala J. Edgar Hoover.

God speed my friend, and thanks for supplies.
Old June 28, 2002, 09:44   #43
jdjdjd
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
jdjdjd

I hope those were'nt Uber's stockings as well, I've heard some rumors, ala J. Edgar Hoover.

God speed my friend, and thanks for the supplies.
Old June 28, 2002, 12:46   #44
Andreiguy
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Quote:
I know! Let's sell our bananas for gold and resources, and use the gold to rush-buy a huge army and tech from other nations.
My point exactly. Unfortunately,
we can't sell our bananas, it appears as though we are the only people who value them above gold and just about everything else

On to Paris and victory!
Old June 28, 2002, 13:02   #45
jdjdjd
Prince

Ok, cool, I have managed a promotion to Warlord, on to the French women.

I will report back on my travels once I cross to the Mountian Plains.
Old July 1, 2002, 09:08   #46
jdjdjd
Prince

Oh, and Godking, I only got three votes when I ran for Finance Minister, as an independent (only edged out someone who dropped out of the race by one vote, I had to be sedated, once the sedation wore off the Imperial Guard was after me and those damn pink spider-cricket rats).
Old July 1, 2002, 09:30   #47
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

No need to worry about the pink rats - all they are after is your hair. Just cut some off and throw it at a coconut tree. They go after the hair, see the coconuts, and in 99 out of a hundred cases they decide they prefer the coconuts. Of the few that come back after you, all you have to remember is that thay taste great with a banana BBQ sauce (you know, the kind with all the wiskey).

At this stage I think we are forced into a war. We need to be extra carefull that we don't have it on more than one front, as the french and americans both started out with 4 wariors and 2 settlers.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old July 1, 2002, 12:36   #48
Kuciwalker
Deity

Some people seem to have misunderstood me - I wasn't saying we should use nukes to clear the jungle, I was just going on with wishful thinking.