View Poll Results: Should we have a Code of Ethics added to our Constitution?
Group A - Yes, we are a moral people, we need strict standards 7 10.14%
Group A - Yes, but only for certain things 31 44.93%
Group B - No, send them all to Hell! 31 44.93%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 3, 2002, 11:32   #61
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 15:22
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Aggie
Mrwhereitsat if you have a specific ethics amendment by all means propose and I am sure all of us here will give it a fair hearing. Its very possible that the votes will be there to pass it, that were not there for the more general idea.
Good luck
Aggie
Touché, Aggie. I didn't propose any ethics to begin with and I'm not the only supporter here. Yet I have not thoroughly thought out a code. Mayhaps I will, but for the moment trying to get everyone to consider seriously the idea is task enough.

Hopefully at lease one of us will have the time to draft some kind of Constitutional amendment. Maybe me, maybe someone else.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old July 3, 2002, 11:40   #62
Sheik
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 22:22
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by jdjdjd
It is ashame that over 100 citizens (well over half) did not even vote.
I agree. Many people are not actually participating. For the level of discussion ethics has recieved very few people voted.

Sell your photos
Old July 3, 2002, 12:00   #63
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 22:22
This is not a formal proposal, but just and idea to get debate started. Maybe our first ethics amendment should deal with the high crime of playing ahead. This is one I think we should be able all to agree on. This one could define the crime, the evidence required and the punishment. This is like the crime of treason in the US constitution(treason is the only crime defined in it, even the burden of proof is set by the constitution). Also this could be used to help organize our courts, etc. Since anybody so charged would have to be tried. Any idea, comments etc. Or pehaps this should be used to start another thread.
Aggie
Old July 3, 2002, 13:08   #64
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 05:22
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
OK. I propose 'Kill or be Killed.' It will pass by 67% I think.

But, the question said Should we have a Code of Ethics added to our Constitution?. That question did not receive 67%. Therefore I think it is rather presumptuous to go ahead and begin formulating specific ethical proposals, since the people have already declined to adopt the concept.
hi ,

, maybe with more options in the poll's , ....

to kill or be killed

have a nice day
Old July 4, 2002, 18:58   #65
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 23:22
Final Result: Votes for - 56%. Votes against - 44%.

There will be no official amendment for a Code of Ethics.