Old July 10, 2002, 12:19   #61
The Bloody Baro
Prince

Local Time: 23:22
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The Romans forces headed for east are to immediatly turn back. They will reach Rome in 1month/ 1day. 8 roman legions are headed to enemy's landing site. They will attempt to box the enemy in so the advanced horsemen can not use their mobility. Catapaults and archers will be attacking alongside the legions.
Old July 10, 2002, 12:20   #62
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 03:22
Local Date: November 1, 2010
ouch i was hoping that an ally would post first!
Old July 10, 2002, 12:21   #63
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Local Time: 22:22
Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
Spartan Ships attack the Roman Fleet en route to persia, although skilled Militarily, Rome is terrible at sea, The much larger Spartan fleet has little trouble destroying these ships. The men then sail on to Capture parts of Rome for the glory of GREECE!
Old July 10, 2002, 12:22   #64
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

got you covered skilord
Old July 10, 2002, 12:27   #65
The Bloody Baro
Prince

((OOC: Hey Skilord. My so called forces in the Barbarian territory make up only 10% of my true force. Plus only 40% were heading to CARTHAGE. Not Persia. They were going to sweep WEST from our eastern landing zone. So do the math and your facing 500,000 legionaires, not to mention the archers, horsemen and siege equipment. Plus what amount of troops did you send to your landing zone because my forces outnumber you 10 to 1!))
Old July 10, 2002, 12:27   #66
Metaliturtle
staff
King

The Roman army has effectively been almost HALVED, and the Navy is considerably smaller. ((What did I tell you Baron?))
Old July 10, 2002, 12:27   #67
SKILORD
King

:whew:
Old July 10, 2002, 12:28   #68
Metaliturtle
staff
King

((Don't get all whiney because you got skunked Baron, everybody hates rome in these things))
Old July 10, 2002, 12:31   #69
Metaliturtle
staff
King

((Note I utilized the Athenian Fleet in my attack as well, I don't think JDD would care))
Old July 10, 2002, 12:31   #70
The Bloody Baro
Prince

((OOC: Hey Metaliturtle how did your troops capture my ships? Becasue all Roman ships have legionairres.))
Old July 10, 2002, 12:33   #71
Metaliturtle
staff
King

((we sunk them, if you read up, Greek had the most powerful warships in the Mediterranean, and in fact the Romans didn't even really understand how to build them until they conquered Greece, additionally, the amount of men on board wouldn't have mattered because Legionairres are armed with short swords ))
Old July 10, 2002, 12:35   #72
Metaliturtle
staff
King

Sparta extends the hand of friendship to Persia now that the roman menace has been struck hard.
Old July 10, 2002, 12:38   #73
SKILORD
King

Ok let's say i send 10,000 troops to Rome itself. I'm facing 500,000 legions.

HAHAHAHA that means you have noone defending Iberia (our border) and my immense force their can destroy you! (50,000)
Old July 10, 2002, 12:38   #74
The Bloody Baro
Prince

Rome will fight to the LAST!!!!!! All troops in anywhere but Italy are to retreat so as to stop this invasion. All troops in the Navy are to be drafted in the army and head to cities to protect against further captures. The Pratorian guard is to be on full alert.

((OOC: fine my army is reduced to 60% of its origanl size. However that 60% is headin full speed for the invasion site.))
Old July 10, 2002, 12:39   #75
Metaliturtle
staff
King

((hehe Skilord is funny))
Old July 10, 2002, 12:41   #76
Metaliturtle
staff
King

((OOC: My army's bigger than Rome's is!!!! :ancie Dancie:: ))
Old July 10, 2002, 12:44   #77
Metaliturtle
staff
King

((Isn't it remarkable how Baron can instantly notify so many troops at a time when there wasn't even a postal system?))
Old July 10, 2002, 12:48   #78
SKILORD
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Metaliturtle
((Note I utilized the Athenian Fleet in my attack as well, I don't think JDD would care))
the whole thing was his idea, he wouldn't.

We are beginning our invasion of northern Italy, as northern greece has been captured without a fight.
(Well technically we still have a little marching to do but our planners are working with the Athenians, Spartans and Persians in order to plan this)
Old July 10, 2002, 12:48   #79
unscratchedfoot
Prince

Local Time: 12:22
Xerxes addresses the people once again. "People of peace. The treacherous romans are harangued by the many enemies they insist on making. They've spurned our hand of friendship as well as all others, their very neighbours have set upon them and they brag of the power of their legionnaries. Now people, we must decide to set forth and join the coalition in punishing the bullies, or shall we remain peaceful as we always have?"

"Kill roman! Kill roman! Kill..." Some members of the crowd, so taken up in the feverous rancor, loose arrows straight up in the air, forgetting they must come down again. Several people are injured, but few mind.

"Alright people. We shall see about punishing the roman terrorists. I do have my reservations about attacking one so oppressed, but it may be true that the oppresser has become the oppresed, the hunter the hunted, and deservedly so. Keep in mind that our participation will be limited by the small size of our navy and remote location, but we shall do our best to fullfill your wishes, you the great people of mother Persia!"

The persian navy mobilizes and all the available transports load up with infantry and the few siege engines Persia has. Approximately 10% of Persia's army embarks towards Italy.

ROP sought with Greece, Sparta, and Macedemia.
Old July 10, 2002, 12:50   #80
SKILORD
King

maybe they were on alert, waiting for our treachery?

hahaha i sincirely doubt it, but then again the roman roads kicked a$$ so maybe.
Old July 10, 2002, 12:51   #81
Metaliturtle
staff
King

Quote:
Several people are injured, but few mind.
LOL
Old July 10, 2002, 12:53   #82
SKILORD
King

Macedonia accepts the ROP.

Going to build a bridge of boats to get to athens if they accept?
Old July 10, 2002, 12:54   #83
Metaliturtle
staff
King

((OOC sorry for making you open that can of worms SKILORD, although this is starting to get VERY interesting
Old July 10, 2002, 13:00   #84
SKILORD
King

It's alright, i'm updating the mappy now.
Old July 10, 2002, 13:02   #85
Metaliturtle
staff
King

((Cool, may I suggest we Unify Greece so we do not get into border disputes later?))
Old July 10, 2002, 13:07   #86
jdd2007
NationStates
King

athenian soldiers land in italy. the fleets, manned by the best soldiers in the world, blockade ostia, the port of rome. romans are fine now, but are straining the countryside for food. pretty soon commoners will starve. hundreds of thousands of athenians fight their way north...

yes, sparta and macedonia, you may comandeer my fleets...
Old July 10, 2002, 13:07   #87
SKILORD
King

Unify Greece;

PM me what exactly you mean by that, i assume it makes decisions as 1 nation but the 3 of us act as Consuls, making those decisions. Maybe a Confederation of Greece with a Huge Army and Each of us ruling as governor of for instance Sparta and voting on decisions pertaining to foreign affairs?

anyway here's the map.

[IMG]. http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads/BBNESU.gif[/IMG]
Old July 10, 2002, 13:10   #88
SKILORD
King

*doh!*
Old July 10, 2002, 15:30   #89
unscratchedfoot
Prince

Local Time: 12:22
ETA of Persian amphibious assault containing 100,000 troops: 3 turns.
Destination: Sicily, but may be changed.

Meanwhile in the Persian capital, a paper mache caricature of Caeser in the middle of an epileptic attack is carted out by the mob infront of the palace and set on fire. Anti-roman sentiment as a result of Rome's diplomatic slap in the face, reaches an all-time high.
Old July 10, 2002, 18:26   #90
The Bloody Baro
Prince

Normally Rome would seek peace so I say to all parties involved in the invasion... YOU WERE BORN IN YOUR MOTHER'S *** YOU *******!!!!! WE SHALL FIGHT YOU ON THE LANDING GORUNDS, WE SHALL FIGHT YOU ON THE BEACHES, WE SHALL FIGHT YOU IN THE STREETS AND IN THE HILLS, WE SHALL NEVER SURRENDER!!!!